Pages:
Author

Topic: Building a 600 CORES - Supercomputer to mine VeriumReserve - page 7. (Read 12721 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Impressive, can we get along the way the cost for components and the amount of hours spent on your project and what values are you getting ?

Also I'm really interested in the rendering part, If I understood correctly these are ARM SoCs so no X64 X86 right ? so you must be running some linux distro, can CFD or other numerical simulation software run on those ?

Looking forward to the development of this project and the results
Activity: 1148
Merit: 562
Blockchain Core Dev
Today got power issues. Seems like the cables going from the PSU to the input of the power distribuitors were causing a bottleneck, with consequence a voltage drop.
Miners hangs due to undervolting and simply stop working.

The lesson I want to share today is this: if you're mining, with custom things, a multimeter can literally become your best friend  Smiley
I've fixed one line, so i've not started to mine yet. I'll try to fix the rest by tomorrow, and hope to get everything up and running at sunday. Real life job takes all the time from me  Tongue
Blockchain Core Dev
Just finished the number 40! Believe me, wiring is a pain.. Angry
I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. Still not mining!

Activity: 341
Merit: 10
@cryptovagas
damn, jacko you are killing us Cheesy

bring the monster online faster so we can see your ROI and profit Grin
Blockchain Core Dev
Cable time! Now that i've flashed the os on every board, I "just" need to plug in everything. An install.sh script will do the rest!
It will be a looong weekend. Probably I'll not even finish!

Blockchain Core Dev
Everything arrived! Time to work!  Grin

we should sue þe shipping company for making lots of users waiting for package Cheesy

but good news, we will see some actions sooon,

wish you more hashes jacko Wink

Don't worry, my custom kernel will suck 600 h/m from each board Wink But don't ask me how! Cheesy
Activity: 341
@cryptovagas
Everything arrived! Time to work!  Grin

we should sue þe shipping company for making lots of users waiting for package Cheesy

but good news, we will see some actions sooon,

wish you more hashes jacko Wink
Activity: 106
Merit: 31
Make it so!  Cheesy
Blockchain Core Dev
Everything arrived! Time to work!  Grin
Blockchain Core Dev
How many hash are you expecting from this BEAST of a system? I assume you have done your homework and it won't overwhelm the network (give the network WAY too much hash than it needs- which will SIGNIFICANTLY decrease the ROI of all miners on the network). A coin this small is very easy to overwhelm and could cause some terrible effects to the efficiency of the network until everything stabilizes.

Good luck! Tongue

Not so much, around 30,000 h/m
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
OMG it's stunning, please share the results too
Activity: 87
How many hash are you expecting from this BEAST of a system? I assume you have done your homework and it won't overwhelm the network (give the network WAY too much hash than it needs- which will SIGNIFICANTLY decrease the ROI of all miners on the network). A coin this small is very easy to overwhelm and could cause some terrible effects to the efficiency of the network until everything stabilizes.

Good luck! Tongue
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
Just want to chime in with more applause, watching this thread with fellow tinkerer's excitement (I have been toying with weird GPU ideas, like using them as water heaters or installing inside metal casings inside walls, etc, but this mega CPU concept fascinates me to no end)...
Blockchain Core Dev
Well, today i've found out that the network bridge wasn't working. After hours of trying, switching, rebooting and bla bla bla, I've found the issue!

Both the DLink DES-1210 -58p!
Those are managed switches, this means you've to configure them a bit, even setting a static ip to get them working. The issue? On reboot, they just lose the configuration! so they factory reset everytime I unplug the power.

Seems like the "save button" saves the data just in the RAM. After reboot, everything disappear.

How i've solved it:

- logging in via telnet over port 23
- insert user/pass
- opening the web panel and insert and "save" the configuration
- force a save via telnet (save command)
- reboot.

FIXED

Now everything is ready to host the miners ^^

Great passion to see a man building his dream even if it wont be productive today who knows what tomorrows bring :-)

For me personally I am not a IT pro but my dreams manifests in a same vain as the work in this thread by the op and ofcourse the legend @birty! I used to mine LTC on GPU's but packed my rigs up years ago now but I ahve returned to CPU mine Verium using hardware I can find in my dusty shelfs, what can be scavenged or salvaged or bought second hand! Right now I have a farm of 37 old intel atom boards up and running and this number will soon double within weeks its just a matter of letting the skin on the end of the fingers heal so that more wiring of power leads and ethernet cables can be performed lol and i have found that I can power 3 micro atx boards from one 250W PSU, granted its sill not odroid effecient but its better than standard PC CPU mining I can run 12 boards of 4 250W psu and the power draw for '12 on 4' is only 160W Max as measured by an inline socket meter from lidl a long time ago lol...
But my proudest achievement in this little project to date is getting veriumMiner complied and working in Tiny Core linux so now the bag of 130Mb USB sticks I found can be used to run the boards cos the system image is a whopping 68Mb it boots in about 15b seconds and mines straight away in screen session:-D

mostly looking forward to the Gemini stage being completed so that VRM >>> VRC conversion can happen locally within wallet and ofcourse the full implementation of the binary blockchain. I think Verium and vericoin are one of cryptos best kept secrets but given the difficulty is on its way to doubling since i started about 7 weeks ago one has to conclude the word is out lol.... Next stop moon..... :-)

Cool! ^^

What is the ROI on this rig? and how many VRM are you earning ?

Atm 0, not even started yet!
Activity: 10
What is the ROI on this rig? and how many VRM are you earning ?
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
I would be interested in seeing videos of this.
Activity: 106
Merit: 31
Great passion to see a man building his dream even if it wont be productive today who knows what tomorrows bring :-)

For me personally I am not a IT pro but my dreams manifests in a same vain as the work in this thread by the op and ofcourse the legend @birty! I used to mine LTC on GPU's but packed my rigs up years ago now but I ahve returned to CPU mine Verium using hardware I can find in my dusty shelfs, what can be scavenged or salvaged or bought second hand! Right now I have a farm of 37 old intel atom boards up and running and this number will soon double within weeks its just a matter of letting the skin on the end of the fingers heal so that more wiring of power leads and ethernet cables can be performed lol and i have found that I can power 3 micro atx boards from one 250W PSU, granted its sill not odroid effecient but its better than standard PC CPU mining I can run 12 boards of 4 250W psu and the power draw for '12 on 4' is only 160W Max as measured by an inline socket meter from lidl a long time ago lol...
But my proudest achievement in this little project to date is getting veriumMiner complied and working in Tiny Core linux so now the bag of 130Mb USB sticks I found can be used to run the boards cos the system image is a whopping 68Mb it boots in about 15b seconds and mines straight away in screen session:-D

mostly looking forward to the Gemini stage being completed so that VRM >>> VRC conversion can happen locally within wallet and ofcourse the full implementation of the binary blockchain. I think Verium and vericoin are one of cryptos best kept secrets but given the difficulty is on its way to doubling since i started about 7 weeks ago one has to conclude the word is out lol.... Next stop moon..... :-)
Blockchain Core Dev
Okay boys, it tooks almost three days, but the network bridge is working!

WIFI --> XU4 --> WLAN0 <--> ETH0 -->MINERS

A friend of mine, lent me a normal Odroid XU4 to start with. When the XU4Q comes, I should be able to switch it just by switching the MicroSD (I hope).
Meanwhile I've ordered a 128GB MicroSD in order to have more space on the controller. It should be easy now to set up, especially because I've writted down every single command launched Smiley

Also both the managed switch are setted up with a static IP. Now I just have to create a custom image to use for HC-1 SBCs.

Blockchain Core Dev
Creative plan  Smiley
so is there any chance to mining individual ?

Atm, if you are here for the long run, solo mining is still a go. Little miners are paying tons on pool/withdraw fees.

Those are the boards arrived yesterday, first package still missing.

Activity: 39
Creative plan  Smiley
so is there any chance to mining individual ?
Pages:
Jump to: