Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs (BFL) raided today by U.S. Marshalls 9/19/14 - page 5. (Read 20352 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
this had to happen long time ago
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Why was this moved to service discussions?

this is how I feel now about BFL going under

after the classic 2 hour shout box fight with josh last summer (my proudest moment) and getting banned ..I was so p/o'd that I
bought a KNC 550gh Jupiter (50 coin so far) and then BFL refunded me on my deluded 65mm upgrade to a monarchs in june ($8.5k)

SO as a result I basically cleaned up from you being such a bunch of as*w*pes....

he who laughs last and all that...schmucks ....

have a good time in prison ....

Activity: 459
Merit: 250
So far there hasn't been a single link to a government website containing a press release about any "raids".

Every "report" posted here and on reddit has been carefully crafted to sound plausible and informed.  It could very well be that this is nothing but a FUD campaign and that absolutely nothing actually happened.  (i.e. you've all been played)

Has anyone actually bothered going to BFL's offices in KC to check things out?

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

At least three people are on record on this forum stating that they did indeed check it out, verifying the claim. Again, if it were not true, don't you think that Bruce or Josh would be here sticking it up our asses for spreading false rumors? They have not going on four days now since this past Friday, ergo a major event occurred at Camp BFL, and chickens are not being fed due their owner being in jail in an opposite ward where Sonny Vleisides is also currently being held. Josh is playing the Schultz card...

Posting under a screen name on a public message board is hardly "going on record".

Pics or it didn't happen.  Let's see some timestamped, geotagged selfies at BFL HQ.

The MSM and the FTC are saying it now. Acceptable enough for you mate or is it all still rumours as far as your concerned?

Id feel like a real dick about now if i had taken such a combative attitude on the issue.
It's just a particularly persistent rumor...
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
So far there hasn't been a single link to a government website containing a press release about any "raids".

Every "report" posted here and on reddit has been carefully crafted to sound plausible and informed.  It could very well be that this is nothing but a FUD campaign and that absolutely nothing actually happened.  (i.e. you've all been played)

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

At least three people are on record on this forum stating that they did indeed check it out, verifying the claim. Again, if it were not true, don't you think that Bruce or Josh would be here sticking it up our asses for spreading false rumors? They have not going on four days now since this past Friday, ergo a major event occurred at Camp BFL, and chickens are not being fed due their owner being in jail in an opposite ward where Sonny Vleisides is also currently being held. Josh is playing the Schultz card...

Posting under a screen name on a public message board is hardly "going on record".

Pics or it didn't happen.  Let's see some timestamped, geotagged selfies at BFL HQ.

The MSM and the FTC are saying it now. Acceptable enough for you mate or is it all still rumours as far as your concerned?

Id feel like a real dick about now if i had taken such a combative attitude on the issue.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I'm just glad I got my two Monarchs and refund. The 2nd Monarch was delivered last week and I received the refund the same day the 2nd unit was shipped. Now I don't care if they fall off the face of the earth.

Good riddance!

Well I understand those monarchs are prone to failure so you may not be done being upset with BFL just yet.

And I'm certainly not going to earn back my original investment. But I'm still happy to wash my hands of that stench. I just hope the other ASIC manufacturers are paying attention. If there's any justice in the world, the Swedish equivalent of the FTC is making plans to raid KNC as I type this.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
I'm just glad I got my two Monarchs and refund. The 2nd Monarch was delivered last week and I received the refund the same day the 2nd unit was shipped. Now I don't care if they fall off the face of the earth.

Good riddance!

Well I understand those monarchs are prone to failure so you may not be done being upset with BFL just yet.
Activity: 392
Wow finally... they must've received lots of complaints in the last 2 years  Cheesy
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

This is Darla Jo Drake's (Jody) personal website.
http://www.awakeningworld.com/HomeAssistant/resume.html
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

Good riddance!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
So BFL's long-con finally comes to an end.  Oh happy day!
Activity: 520

We meet at last...
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
Official FTC Complaint Against Butterfly Labs Obtained

At the request of the Federal Trade Commission, a federal court has shut down Butterfly Labs, a Missouri-based company that allegedly deceptively marketed specialized computers designed to produce Bitcoins, a payment system sometimes referred to as “virtual currency.”

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

That's not going to happen because of the gag orders they're all subject to.

But given Josh's proclivities to give everyone a quarter and invite them to buy a clue at the slightest sign of unjustified criticism, don't you think he'd be out on every board, barrels blazing, denying the "rumors" if they weren't true?

Instead, all that is offered is a promise to check the "very persistent" rumors, followed by Schlock locking the thread. As I stated in another thread, that is anything but a denial.
Pages:
Jump to: