Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 48. (Read 186929 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
..but if you pay taxes in the US you are paying 36% of the economy to be in the government and 50% of people to pay nothing.

I'm fairly certain that just about everyone pays sales tax, fuel tax, Property tax..

Just because 50% don't pay Income Tax doesn't mean they aren't taxed.
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
(considering there's some new FPGAs being released in the next 8 weeks which may be better purchases)

Which other ones are you waiting for?

I'm asking because I can either buy more than one Single now, or spread out the purchases and hope to take advantage of the competition between vendors. I assume there will be better and better stuff coming out from a variety of vendors.
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
watching...

I'd really like to know when the huge backlog of orders waiting to be shipped is going to be cleared. This is the number one reason why I haven't placed my order yet.

(considering there's some new FPGAs being released in the next 8 weeks which may be better purchases)
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
true, sorry man, cant pass up a good stab at entitlement.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
your right.  apologies.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Bad thread for political discussions guys... way off topic.
I bet in the UK more then 50% of people pay taxes. I also bet less get more back then they ever made. That having been said I know I likely sound like a jerk but if you pay taxes in the US you are paying 36% of the economy to be in the government and 50% of people to pay nothing.
I hope my single is shipping out soon. As I can't wait to have something efficient to make some coin.

i don't understand what your saying.  if in your 50% not paying taxes, you include ridiculously wealthy individuals who pay a far far smaller percentage of their income, than yes.  or are you saying 50% of working age americans don't pay taxes?  i would be very interested in a link to a reliable source for that.

push comes to shove, the UK has a higher standard of education, has a healthier population with a longer life expectancy (which can be directly linked to everyone having access to healthcare), a higher percentage of the population going onto higher education, and takes care of their elderly after they lose the ability to support themselves.

for roughly the same amount of an average middle class income percentage wise, we get an incredibly large military spread across the globe.

personally i'd prefer my money provided myself, my family and my fellow citizens with healthcare and college than the tanks and soldiers.

there is this false theory that the mega rich are the job creators.  that's just false.  small business is the giant economic engine of this country.  i don't want them to pay anything extra.  i want them to pay the same percentage of their income as everyone else, which they absolutely do not do.
Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
I bet in the UK more then 50% of people pay taxes. I also bet less get more back then they ever made. That having been said I know I likely sound like a jerk but if you pay taxes in the US you are paying 36% of the economy to be in the government and 50% of people to pay nothing.
I hope my single is shipping out soon. As I can't wait to have something efficient to make some coin.

Sorry for lack for source its easy to find at the IRS under statistics and individual returns but I suppose I just look harder then most.
ALSO my % was off slightly the bottom 50% do pay 3% of revenue. This is not 0 but not very much.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/08inratesharesnap.pdf
Well that's frustrating. A similar product from a competitor that can actually run a business is going to be bad news for BFL.

Is there really any viable competitor? sound like it's a hot hot commodity.

I heard the really good capitalists are all in China.

Thats because Capitalism has become evil in this country. Damn 1%ers! Where is my free college/job/health care/singles?!?!?!

TAKE CARE OF ME WHAAAAA.

interesting bit of info...my wife is from the UK.  back when we were just getting to know each other (she still lived over there) we added up each of our individual costs/percentages in taxes and such.  for roughly the same percentage of income, they get "free" higher education and healthcare.

say what you will, but if the capitalist system we have in place was working like it is purported to, that should definitely not be the case.
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Thats because Capitalism has become evil in this country. Damn 1%ers! Where is my free college/job/health care/singles?!?!?!

TAKE CARE OF ME WHAAAAA.

lulz
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Well that's frustrating. A similar product from a competitor that can actually run a business is going to be bad news for BFL.

Is there really any viable competitor? sound like it's a hot hot commodity.

I heard the really good capitalists are all in China.

TAKE CARE OF ME WHAAAAA.
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
The fan pins look bent already.. Has someone already asked them if they will be accepting bitcoins again?

If some bent pins on a test unit are a problem, you should stay away from this Roll Eyes Cheesy I like what I see !
Activity: 546
Anyone seen any pics or recent info/tests of a big rig box?

Also, if there's a 13 week backlog, who is available to work on the big rig box?
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Hi Guys,

Just to clarify, Rev3 units are shipping this week.

One fan or two?
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
I spy an unpopulated LCD header Smiley
The existing Rev2 has this too.
Activity: 295
Hi Guys,

I spy an unpopulated LCD header Smiley
Activity: 392
The fan pins look bent already.. Has someone already asked them if they will be accepting bitcoins again?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Hi Guys,

How many units will you be shipping? Or rather, you'll be filling orders up to and including what date?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
I'll let anyone purchase my spot in line for double the price...

Cheesy

EDIT:  So, BFL, you say Rev3 units are shipping this week.  Do you have enough Rev3's to cover all current open orders?  Or how many of the orders do you expect to be able to ship out?
Activity: 446
Hi Guys,

Beautiful!

I too would like to purchase others places in line. The wait sucks and could take many months more if there are technical difficulties. You should let me buy yours now and then you can buy a nice GPU today if you want.

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: