Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 49. (Read 186929 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Hi Guys,

Just to clarify, Rev3 units are shipping this week.

Great news. From what I've heard there's still quite a few people who have no yet received their Rev2 singles though...
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments
Well that's frustrating. A similar product from a competitor that can actually run a business is going to be bad news for BFL.

Is there really any viable competitor? sound like it's a hot hot commodity.

I heard the really good capitalists are all in China.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
That's great to hear BFL!!!  I am on pins and needles........ouch!  Grin

Do I sound a bit bipolar?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
BFL
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Hi Guys,

Just to clarify, Rev3 units are shipping this week.

legendary
Word is now mid April.   Cry Cry Cry
Mid April for what?  An order placed in Jan?

Feb.   Sad

I was just hoping that by this point they could ramp up and get some units out the door.  Angry
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Word is now mid April.   Cry Cry Cry
Mid April for what?  An order placed in Jan?

If anyone would like to sell their place in line for a single, rig box or mini rig box please PM me. I will be more than happy to purchase them.
legendary
Merit: 1005
Mid April for what?  An order placed in Jan?

you could buy a 7970 and have it within a day!

looking more and more likely for me...
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1876

maybe a week ago he didn't know....  but 2 days ago he did know... 

maybe a worker got sick?  maybe the new heatsink is taking longer..//?? 

you could buy a 7970 and have it within a day!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
Spoke to Sonny the other day. My order from 2/14 is projected for an additional 2 weeks in addition to the 6. He said there is a shipment going out Monday, but my order was not on it.

Well that's frustrating. A similar product from a competitor that can actually run a business is going to be bad news for BFL.

You know, about a week ago Sonny replied to my inquiry and said he didn't know if they would miss the 6 week window. I guess that was all just BS.
Spoke to Sonny the other day. My order from 2/14 is projected for an additional 2 weeks in addition to the 6. He said there is a shipment going out Monday, but my order was not on it.
Activity: 448
There is no evidence that BFL has started shipping the January orders yet (ordered 12+ weeks ago). Hopefully shipments will resume next week and will be of the heatpipe design.

In fact, according to the delivery tracking thread, not even all 12/26/11 orders have been shipped yet.
Which makes the backlog more like 13 weeks, not 12.

Also, it is not impossible that there are issues, which have to be worked out, with the heat pipe version as well.
Murphy's law pretty much guarantees that.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
The interim design change was supposed to be a higher temp capable chipset. I had apparently mistakenly called this rev. 2 before. I expected some of the delays to be the higher temp chip. But it really is a bit late to worry about that as heatpipes will hopefully ship soon. I hope for both higher temp chipset and heatpipes.

That would be ideal. The heatpipe versions were expected to ship 'at the end of March'. It is the 'end of March', and nothing has been shipping out for the past few weeks judging by the (lack of) activity in these tracking messages:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.791080
and
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.814507

There is no evidence that BFL has started shipping the January orders yet (ordered 12+ weeks ago). Hopefully shipments will resume next week and will be of the heatpipe design.
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
The interim design change was supposed to be a higher temp capable chipset. I had apparently mistakenly called this rev. 2 before. I expected some of the delays to be the higher temp chip. But it really is a bit late to worry about that as heatpipes will hopefully ship soon. I hope for both higher temp chipset and heatpipes.
Activity: 295
I've just received 2 Bitforce Singles! [REV 2]

1st  device ordered @ 23 December 2011
2nd device ordered @ 2 January 2012

Delivered @ 26 March 2012

What do you mean by 'REV 2'? The first shipping units had 2 fans, I believe (one on top, one exposed on the bottom). BFL has been talking about introducing a heatpipe design but I'm not sure if those are shipping yet. I've also heard of some 'interim' design change, but I'm not aware of any details.

Does your unit have the 2 fans, the heatpipe, or something else? Could you post some photos of what you have received?

This heat pipe design looks to be pretty well along. If you check the BFL website for their production update there are some models. gigavps also managed to get some pictures of the actual heat pipes in real life (evidently they're custom made). He posted them in this thread, if you've been following:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.815902
The 1% only sucks when you aren't it.
Pay for my Single! A Single is a right!

A single in every house, and a coin in every pocket.  That is my presidential campaign promise (no more dubious than the real ones).

CHANGE!
Activity: 273

USPS Tracking Number "for both devices in one shipment" received @ 13 March 2012

So in in best case they are now under 3month wait.

That was the case 2 months ago! I guess things are getting better by now! I would expect maximum 2 months wait by now.
Activity: 273

What do you mean by 'REV 2'? The first shipping units had 2 fans, I believe (one on top, one exposed on the bottom). BFL has been talking about introducing a heatpipe design but I'm not sure if those are shipping yet. I've also heard of some 'interim' design change, but I'm not aware of any details.

Does your unit have the 2 fans, the heatpipe, or something else? Could you post some photos of what you have received?

The devices that I've received are exactly the same as the ones all others have received! It is REV2. I am also looking forward to see photos for REV3.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

rev2 = 2 fans
rev3 = heatpipe (none shipping yet)
Doh!
Pages:
Jump to: