Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 73. (Read 186929 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Green Mining 85% Cheaper
I want to know why their shipping is $34. They sent them out in USPS boxes(but didn't use USPS as the shipper), and based on the dimensions USPS flat rate large boxes could be used for a flat cost of $15.50. This does not include the online purchase price discount or if they actually implemented using the new USPS regional rate boxes which are just as large and can cost quite a bit less then the flat rates depending on where the end location is and how heavy the overall package is.

If they are willing to sudo abuse the postal service for free boxes, then they should purchase a used UPS zebra printer for $99 and then order the free thermal labels from UPS to print your USPS postage on. Not to mention, you can then use Paypal's shipping software to print in bulk to the thermal printer.

I just can't believe they would stuff $20 worth of shipping materials into the boxes.

lol, no offense but you are a cheap, cheap man arent you? Wink

I guess cheap is the correct phrase if you mean, not just throwing my money around at stuff when I know it doesn't cost what someone wants to charge me. Its 2.5% of the sale price. How about everything you buy from now on you just send me 2.5% of the total cost in BTC? Since you don't mind paying 2.5% more for something. Do you just pay face value for a car when you know the list price is a thousand bucks cheaper? Most people don't. So yes, I am "cheap" and I am proud as hell of it.

I got to where I am today by holding on to the money I have, and if I just said oh well it's "just" $20 every time something was blatantly marked $20 higher than it needed to be, I wouldn't be a millionaire by 31. I am not trying to throw that in your face, and I did admit that I am an online retailer. I ship hundreds of items daily and I know what stuff costs to send through the postal service. Anyways enough from me cause clearly I am being absurd.

Feel free to send your 2.5% to the following address:

1LTQFffbFzVu8CqtZVeRgSSuKpdNnim6kK

Edit: And the beer comment is pretty funny.
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
Has anybody on this board ordered a rig box?  I thought I saw somebody say something about a deposit, but I can't seem to find that particular post.  I'd be a lot more comfortable with a deposit.

I'm thinking about ordering one, but it's scary that there's the possibility that I'd give them $30k and then find out in four months that it was a long con the whole time and there's nothing I can do.  *shrug*
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
I DEMAND A COST ANALYSIS OF BFL SHIPPING MATERIALS IMMEDIATELY

just send them a stamped envelop with your return address on it!

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
legendary
This is not OK.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
i think there are definitely things people have a good position to grip against, but making a couple bucks on shipping isn't really one of them.
Activity: 349
I find it incredible to believe that BFL is making so little that they are enhancing their margin using shipping costs.
Why does it matter how much they make as to whether they want to enhance their margin using shipping costs?
Well, they are not selling thumb drives, these are $600 devices.  If you want these shipped bulk rate, then be my guest.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
I find it incredible to believe that BFL is making so little that they are enhancing their margin using shipping costs.
Why does it matter how much they make as to whether they want to enhance their margin using shipping costs?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

They must be since they are selling 4k chips for 0.6k or at least that was what some of the educated people were guessing about the chips used Roll Eyes
Activity: 349
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
This is a common practice to earn a bit on shipping, sometimes the seller lures the buyer with a low price only to get it all back with expensive shipping..
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
I want to know why their shipping is $34. They sent them out in USPS boxes(but didn't use USPS as the shipper), and based on the dimensions USPS flat rate large boxes could be used for a flat cost of $15.50. This does not include the online purchase price discount or if they actually implemented using the new USPS regional rate boxes which are just as large and can cost quite a bit less then the flat rates depending on where the end location is and how heavy the overall package is.

If they are willing to sudo abuse the postal service for free boxes, then they should purchase a used UPS zebra printer for $99 and then order the free thermal labels from UPS to print your USPS postage on. Not to mention, you can then use Paypal's shipping software to print in bulk to the thermal printer.

I just can't believe they would stuff $20 worth of shipping materials into the boxes.

lol, no offense but you are a cheap, cheap man arent you? Wink
legendary
They wouldn't be the first company too bad shipping costs. Smiley  Hardly a sin.

Isn't it funny shipping costs are always either too high or too low?

I can get a 60" HDTV delivered from Amazon for $0 shipping and sometimes a fan on newegg can have higher shipping cost than purchase price. Smiley

I think their shipping was $24 before and they raised it. Yeah its not a sin, it just strikes me funny when businesses in general publish their shipping rates and because I am an online retailer I know they are just full of it. They imbed their margins into shipping costs.
Every company does that.  Often times, it's because it also includes the wages/labor hours used to package, any packaging materials, cost of boxes, etc.  And then some extra to pad the revenues.

$15-$20 just seems a bit excessive for one product when if you ordered 10 the shipping rate is the same.
Maybe that's how their method of giving a bulk order discount to people?
Green Mining 85% Cheaper
They wouldn't be the first company too bad shipping costs. Smiley  Hardly a sin.

I can get a 60" HDTV delivered from Amazon for $0 shipping and sometimes a fan on newegg can have higher shipping cost than purchase price. Smiley

I think their shipping was $24 before and they raised it. Yeah its not a sin, it just strikes me funny when businesses in general publish their shipping rates and because I am an online retailer I know they are just full of it. They imbed their margins into shipping costs.
Every company does that.  Often times, it's because it also includes the wages/labor hours used to package, any packaging materials, cost of boxes, etc.  And then some extra to pad the revenues.

$15-$20 just seems a bit excessive for one product when if you ordered 10 the shipping rate is the same.

And no, not every company does it to this extent.
legendary

Every company does that.  Often times, it's because it also includes the wages/labor hours used to package, any packaging materials, cost of boxes, etc.  And then some extra to pad the revenues.
Green Mining 85% Cheaper

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

legendary
This is not OK.
Beer money.
Pages:
Jump to: