Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 9. (Read 186898 times)

Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
The lower the firmware that the unit has to run the longer it will take to autotune. When I ran it on mine hoping for a firmware with logic to declock when close to the thermal threshold for my unit I was suprized how long it took. Either let it run or start lower like 808 and work up until it throttles at a 1K test. It will seemingly be faster to use autotune though as it tests for a shorter time and I am unsure how it decides what firmware to actually use but did settle on the one for me that actually matched my testing by hand.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Hmm... just got my Single today in the mail (excited!!). Easy miner, however, only lets me choose the radiobubble for "Administrative Options". All the others are greyed out. I can, however, mine with BitMinter, and firmware upload works great. How do I enable mining straight from EasyMiner?

In addition... I ran diagnostics, and kinda surprised at the results. 34 throttles (my room is cold... 68F), and 5 errors on the 100 test :/. Did I do something wrong? Sad

Check to see that the heatsink's fix pins haven't worked loose in shipping.  If the heatsink is firmly in place, then run the auto-tune feature to get your unit at peak performance relative to the operating environment.

Tightened the screws a bit, trying again Smiley  I tried autotune but after about an hour it still wasn't done so I stopped the autotune process... how long is it supossed to take? And I keep getting this:

2012.07.05 [15:12]  BitFORCE (COM4) ERROR: Extraneous data received: NO-NONCE
2012.07.05 [15:14]  BitFORCE (COM4) ERROR: ZFX command timed out. Retries: 0

Hmm... just got my Single today in the mail (excited!!). Easy miner, however, only lets me choose the radiobubble for "Administrative Options". All the others are greyed out. I can, however, mine with BitMinter, and firmware upload works great. How do I enable mining straight from EasyMiner?

In addition... I ran diagnostics, and kinda surprised at the results. 34 throttles (my room is cold... 68F), and 5 errors on the 100 test :/. Did I do something wrong? Sad

when did you order your single?

I ordered my single ~30th of April, 2012.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
From 0 of course!  ttyUSB0 - ttyUSB16 is all I've seen.

Does someone actually have a rig with 18 units that are enumerating as ttyUSB17 for the last one?

All 4 of GIGA's units have 18...

http://gigamining.com/mgpumon/

Note the last two miners (particularly 119)

Umm... didn't I just post that like 2 hours ago?
BFL
Activity: 217
Merit: 100

Check to see that the heatsink's fix pins haven't worked loose in shipping.  If the heatsink is firmly in place, then run the auto-tune feature to get your unit at peak performance relative to the operating environment.

when did you order your single?
legendary

Does someone actually have a rig with 18 units that are enumerating as ttyUSB17 for the last one?

Giga's thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mini-rigs-in-the-wild-88813

Links to his BAMT here: http://gigamining.com/mgpumon/

The last 2 rigs have 36 and then 18 devices.
legendary
Activity: 1260

legendary
All the rigs I have seen have 17 units in them. Are you saying there are some 18 unit rigs out there?

Come on, man! You're supposed to know everything BFL!

But seriously, are you counting to 17 starting from 0, or from 1?
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

BFL
All the rigs I have seen have 17 units in them. Are you saying there are some 18 unit rigs out there?

All of the rigs shipped to date contain 18 processor cards.  Some of the cards run faster than others, so if we end up with 17 fast cards, we'd be able to ship just that in a spec met unit.  However, the averages indicate 18 will be the number.

The devices run on the USB chain which can take some time to be recognized by the host computer.  If the mining application is started before they all come online (depending on the software), some lesser number will report for duty.  It's also important to consider the USB hub count in the chain up to and inside the host computer.  For example, you can plug a mini rig into a host computer's USB port A and see all 18 devices, yet plug it into USB port B and see fewer.  (We've only seen this in one case).
legendary
Activity: 1260
legendary
Activity: 1666
FeFox,

I am hoping this doesn't become an issue (17 vs. 18 units).

Seems they are deciding based on the performance of each board.  Some hit 1315 +/- and others hit 1493+/-.  So long as they are delivering the >26 Gh/s they have revised the specs to I am indifferent.

Troubling part is your client showing 25.03 Gh/s -- like it should have another unit...
Activity: 168
BitMinter client v1.3.0beta1 running the MiniRig

Hahaha Whoops I just realized I am Missing one device!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Looks like 2 MR on a burnin test?!?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Didn't Butterfly claim they don't mine with our equipment? It looks like they still make up 8% of eclipse.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Weirdly enough when I touch the case of my single wrong (particularly on the underside) it starts making a wretched rattling noise. I'm not sure where that bottom fan is interfering but I have been trying to figure it out. I ended up just placing it out of the way and have been avoiding moving it  Undecided

This happens because the poor mechanical design of the Single leaves too little space between the case and the fan, so the blades sometimes touch the case.

I fixed 2 of my Singles exhibiting this pb by adding 4 washers between the 4 bottom standoffs and the PCB, pushing the bottom side of the case further down by another extra 1mm.

If there weren't already 10x too many BFL threads, I'd propose one on the most bodged/warped/dremeled cases.

+1

I'm feeling so loved today.  First, copumpkin, and next, pir8 gives me +1s.  Can I spend these?  No.  Put BTC in my account if you agree so much. Tongue

arrrrrrrrr.........
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Weirdly enough when I touch the case of my single wrong (particularly on the underside) it starts making a wretched rattling noise. I'm not sure where that bottom fan is interfering but I have been trying to figure it out. I ended up just placing it out of the way and have been avoiding moving it  Undecided

This happens because the poor mechanical design of the Single leaves too little space between the case and the fan, so the blades sometimes touch the case.

I fixed 2 of my Singles exhibiting this pb by adding 4 washers between the 4 bottom standoffs and the PCB, pushing the bottom side of the case further down by another extra 1mm.

If there weren't already 10x too many BFL threads, I'd propose one on the most bodged/warped/dremeled cases.

+1

I'm feeling so loved today.  First, copumpkin, and next, pir8 gives me +1s.  Can I spend these?  No.  Put BTC in my account if you agree so much. Tongue

+1.00000000
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

Aftermarket or factory? Grin
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps

+1
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

Pages:
Jump to: