Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 11. (Read 186898 times)

Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Just curious but what temp is your room, and can you check what firmware your are running using the Easyminer from butterfly labs website.
I had issues from day one but was in the -10% range as my unit had been flashed pre delivery with 816. That having been said if you are intake temperature under 72F and it won't run 832 without throttling it sounds like you either have a lose heatsink from transport or bad QC or a dud.
Hope it helps some
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Has anyone that received Singles recently gotten some of the older units with the gigantic fans on the bottom?

2 of the units I received today have the fans and one of them is throttling heavily....kind of pisses me off that they're still sending out the old revisions. Probably refurbished units instead of new ones too.

Do they have heatpipes? or the older standard heatsinks?

I didn't see heatpipes, but I will double check again when I'm home. I guess it's not really that big of a deal as long as I can get them to run at 832+/-10%....one of them is sitting at ~650Mh/s right now though and pissing me off. This is the cgminer line after ~6 hours:

BFL  2:    54.7C               | 757.1/ 641.2Mh/s  | A:401  R: 2 HW: 0  U: 7.75/m

The other 3 (2 of the newest rev, one with the big fan) are all averaging around 810Mh/s even though some of their temps are actually higher than this one. Doesn't make sense to me.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Has anyone that received Singles recently gotten some of the older units with the gigantic fans on the bottom?

2 of the units I received today have the fans and one of them is throttling heavily....kind of pisses me off that they're still sending out the old revisions. Probably refurbished units instead of new ones too.

Do they have heatpipes? or the older standard heatsinks?

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Seems like I struck a nerve  Grin

Hey, I was very upset when I upgraded my dual boot Win7/Gentoo HD to a SSD, only had enough room for one, and had to choose Windooze. Well, only sorta upset because the SSD is kickass.  Wink
Larger SSDs are faster....

They're also quite a bit more pricey  Wink
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
There is no way to change the firmware on the singles without a windows machine? Who the hell runs windows these days?

Satoshi The CIA's top group of cryptographers...... Cool
FTFY Grin
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
There is no way to change the firmware on the singles without a windows machine? Who the hell runs windows these days?

Satoshi...... Cool
rjk
1ngldh

Hey, I was very upset when I upgraded my dual boot Win7/Gentoo HD to a SSD, only had enough room for one, and had to choose Windooze. Well, only sorta upset because the SSD is kickass.  Wink
Larger SSDs are faster....
legendary

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

A lot of people...

The majority, even...
Yes all true but unfortunately shows the ignorance of BFL to only support windows in an environment (BTC) where the majority of big time users and servers are Linux.
Like the desktop majority, I guess linux is beyond BFL also.
legendary

A lot of people...

The majority, even...

Sure linux is free, but so is walking, and most people still own cars...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2044

ROFL.

about 90% of computer users........
Activity: 348

A lot of people...

The majority, even...
legendary

A lot of people...
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
By the time the SC is released, he will made nearly $10k, so the upgrade will only cost him $5k. Also he has no import tax to pay and can visit the office to drop the MiniRig and pickup the SC, so he is making a killing here. HERO.

Who pays for overhead costs, such as electricity during this $10k generating-spree ? The 'Electricity Fairy' ?

Electricity cost was accounted for at $0.14/watt, as well as some fees that pools charge.

I know the electricity fairy personally.  

Me too - she treats me well, but she's pretty fickle I hear.

Actually,she's quite SHOCKING  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1820
By the time the SC is released, he will made nearly $10k, so the upgrade will only cost him $5k. Also he has no import tax to pay and can visit the office to drop the MiniRig and pickup the SC, so he is making a killing here. HERO.

Who pays for overhead costs, such as electricity during this $10k generating-spree ? The 'Electricity Fairy' ?

Electricity cost was accounted for at $0.14/watt, as well as some fees that pools charge.

I know the electricity fairy personally. 

Me too - she treats me well, but she's pretty fickle I hear.
Activity: 265
Football President
That new price is for single quantities, not for those that can negotiate. Also those chips are ancient stone-age technology now.

"ancient stone-age technology now."

maybe so but the current mini rig ($15200 for 25 GB/s  -- $0.61 per M/h) repesents the best value for money mining rig today
rjk
1ngldh
That new price is for single quantities, not for those that can negotiate. Also those chips are ancient stone-age technology now.
Pages:
Jump to: