Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 12. (Read 186898 times)

Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Football President
1x Used Mini-Rig (worth $15,000) + $15,000 cash = NEW $30,000 ASIC Mini-Rig.
This is what I understand from talking to Sonny.

Then they are more generous than I thought !

Very good to hear !

I think on a mini rig there is 34 Altera Arria II EP2AGX260 FPGA cost about $2000 each when new
second hand EP2AGX260 FPGA sell for about $300

ie they may recoup $10200 per rig

see
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84651.0;all
Activity: 252
Inactive
But the new rig is 40 times more powerful.  

Really ? is it really ?......

Remember the Titanic ? IT WAS UNSINKABLE.

It's only 40x more profitable for a few days.  At a maximum of 3 months it will be half as profitable (singles trade in).  Maybe much less profitable.

People aren't looking at this in the right way.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

Edit: He also said that you could do something like trade in a multiple of Singles worth $15k, pay another $15k and get an ASIC mini-rig.

Thanks for that...

Have asked this in an e-mail and hadn't heard back yet...

I sent Jody this very question regarding multiple singles for a MR SC but never got a response.  I find it interesting how they pick and chose who to respond to.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

Edit: He also said that you could do something like trade in a multiple of Singles worth $15k, pay another $15k and get an ASIC mini-rig.

Thanks for that...

Have asked this in an e-mail and hadn't heard back yet...
legendary
Activity: 2044
By the time the SC is released, he will made nearly $10k, so the upgrade will only cost him $5k. Also he has no import tax to pay and can visit the office to drop the MiniRig and pickup the SC, so he is making a killing here. HERO.

Who pays for overhead costs, such as electricity during this $10k generating-spree ? The 'Electricity Fairy' ?

Electricity cost was accounted for at $0.14/watt, as well as some fees that pools charge.

I know the electricity fairy personally. 
Activity: 336
By the time the SC is released, he will made nearly $10k, so the upgrade will only cost him $5k. Also he has no import tax to pay and can visit the office to drop the MiniRig and pickup the SC, so he is making a killing here. HERO.

Who pays for overhead costs, such as electricity during this $10k generating-spree ? The 'Electricity Fairy' ?

Electricity cost was accounted for at $0.14/watt, as well as some fees that pools charge.
Activity: 868

Then they are more generous than I thought !

Very good to hear !
Activity: 348

rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

He does. It's a bond, not a stock.
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron

rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
It seems it's more like:

If you own one mini-rig and you want to trade it in, you have to BUY 1 ASIC rig for $30K then trade your mini-rig in + $15K for the second ASIC rig

There's NO trading in with money without buying a similar product with cash as well

WTF ? THAT is completely RETARDED.

If you currently own a Mini-Rig and want to trade it in when ASICs are available, you pay $15,000 Cash + Trade in your existing Mini-Rig...and get a new ASIC Mini-Rig in return.

What ever gave you the idea you had to buy 2 new items, in order to get credit for an existing one ?

So, just in case you missed that...

it's from the quote in the thread YOU started:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.976288

"I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody"

YOU MUST BUY SOMETHING TO TRADE SOMETHINGS OF EQUALY VALUE

They dont have any NEW ASIC worth $15K.... only $30K

So this can go either way.... but I bet you they will make you buy 1 ASIC rig for 30K en then you can give them 2 mini-rigs and get 1 ASIC in return

Or in the case of the $1600 ASIC... not 1 single + $1000 but buy one for $1600 then you can trade in your singles up to 1 other $1600 super Jalapeno or whatever it's name is

But I could be proven wrong

Those scenarios are not mutually exclusive. That example was given where one unit of trade had a higher value than the trade-in.
It seems it's more like:

If you own one mini-rig and you want to trade it in, you have to BUY 1 ASIC rig for $30K then trade your mini-rig in + $15K for the second ASIC rig

There's NO trading in with money without buying a similar product with cash as well

If you currently own a Mini-Rig and want to trade it in when ASICs are available, you pay $15,000 Cash + Trade in your existing Mini-Rig...and get a new ASIC Mini-Rig in return.

What ever gave you the idea you had to buy 2 new items, in order to get credit for an existing one ?

it's from the quote in the thread YOU started:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.976288

"I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody"

YOU MUST BUY SOMETHING TO TRADE SOMETHING OF EQUAL VALUE

They dont have any NEW ASIC worth $15K.... only $30K

So this can go either way.... but I bet you they will make you buy 1 ASIC rig for 30K en then you can give them 2 mini-rigs and get 1 ASIC in return

Or in the case of the $1600 ASIC... not 1 single + $1000 but buy one for $1600 then you can trade in your singles up to 1 other $1600 super Jalapeno or whatever it's name is

But I could be proven wrong

Activity: 336
I heart thebaron
It seems it's more like:

Any info on the Trade-Up Program ?
I heard you can only trade in on half the stuff you buy, and will need to pay cash for the rest. So if you purchased a mini rig you will need another 15k if you want to trade up..

If you trade in one mini-rig, you put up another $15k for the new ASIC mini-rig.  But the new rig is 40 times more powerful

It seems it's more like:

I heart thebaron
But the new rig is 40 times more powerful.  

Really ? is it really ?......

Remember the Titanic ? IT WAS UNSINKABLE.
Activity: 742
I heard you can only trade in on half the stuff you buy, and will need to pay cash for the rest. So if you purchased a mini rig you will need another 15k if you want to trade up..

If you trade in one mini-rig, you put up another $15k for the new ASIC mini-rig.  But the new rig is 40 times more powerful
Activity: 392
I heart thebaron
Activity: 518
Sorry for my ignorance but has ANYONE received a mini rig in the wild ?

I saw gigavps posted pictures of them in BFL office but I need to see one in somebody's home to believe it.

Several units are already en route. I guess you'll hear from the clients tomorrow (or even today).

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Nice ! Another success from BFL.

Kudos to you BFL !

Thanks...

No problem. People can remember me as one of the original BFL bashers and naysayers.

Even I have revised my opinion seeing how your company has improved over time. And to think I was once a huge critic ...

I am confident we will see the ASIC very soon indeed.
Pages:
Jump to: