Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 13. (Read 186898 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Sorry for my ignorance but has ANYONE received a mini rig in the wild ?

I saw gigavps posted pictures of them in BFL office but I need to see one in somebody's home to believe it.

Several units are already en route. I guess you'll hear from the clients tomorrow (or even today).

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Nice ! Another success from BFL.

Kudos to you BFL !

Thanks...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

I saw gigavps posted pictures of them in BFL office but I need to see one in somebody's home to believe it.

Several units are already en route. I guess you'll hear from the clients tomorrow (or even today).

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Nice ! Another success from BFL.

Kudos to you BFL !
Activity: 227

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.
Activity: 518

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Activity: 348
I want an SC single NOW.
I want an SC mini-rig NOW.
Activity: 217
I want an SC single NOW.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Does anyone know what thermal paste is used on the singles? Also has anyone asked if we can replace it without voiding warranty? I've been receiving singles with the heatsinks not attached properly. The paste that comes on them is already dried out.
Replacing it will not void the warranty.
Activity: 392
Does anyone know what thermal paste is used on the singles? Also has anyone asked if we can replace it without voiding warranty? I've been receiving singles with the heatsinks not attached properly. The paste that comes on them is already dried out.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
6-8 weeks
Activity: 476
After he receives a sufficient quantity of pre-paid orders he will announce tentative product ship dates.
Activity: 196
a solar powered miner providing 98,000 TH/s priced at $5.99

I"ll take a thousand, when can I send you my money?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
a solar powered miner providing 98,000 TH/s priced at $5.99
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
Surprise! The mini rig is actually an ASIC smaller than a single, and a space heater in a big box.

No, the mini-rig is simply using better FPGAs than the single:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mini-rig-card-2-x-altera-arria-ii-ep2agx260-84651
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
But due to the upcoming next gen with1,4 gh/s the additional cooling became obsolete and we canceled the project.
Its intended for me to come back with the ASIC generation, as there overclocking by good temperatures becomes interesting again.

Do we know more info about this? Is the ASIC the 4th gen, or is there another FPGA Single that's going to be faster before they release the ASIC?
The Mini Rig contains an improved version of the  single.

17 cards at 1.5GH/s, right? Are these improved versions going to be in rev4 of the Single?

it also use 50% less power ?

mini =25.2GH/s = 1250 watts

30 x singles = 25GH/s  = 2403 watts

Surprise! The mini rig is actually an ASIC smaller than a single, and a space heater in a big box.
Activity: 265
Football President
But due to the upcoming next gen with1,4 gh/s the additional cooling became obsolete and we canceled the project.
Its intended for me to come back with the ASIC generation, as there overclocking by good temperatures becomes interesting again.

Do we know more info about this? Is the ASIC the 4th gen, or is there another FPGA Single that's going to be faster before they release the ASIC?
The Mini Rig contains an improved version of the  single.

17 cards at 1.5GH/s, right? Are these improved versions going to be in rev4 of the Single?

it also use 50% less power ?

mini =25.2GH/s = 1250 watts

30 x singles = 25GH/s  = 2403 watts
Pages:
Jump to: