Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 42. (Read 415652 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
September 23, 2013, 11:47:07 PM
Except... that is a complete lie.

What greater honor can there be on these forums than to be accused of lying by the most notorious liar in the BTC uniiverse.

The only words out of your mouth in the last two years that have not been a lie, dumbass, are the words, "I think all BFL customers are assholes", which you haved posted many times, in many forms.

Now I know you will respond to this post, because the only posts you respond to are the ones that threaten the flow of newbies/derps into the pit that is a BFL purchase.

If I had posted a question to you about delivery, or refund, all I would get is a loud silence.

COO of a thieving clusterfuck - wear that title with honor on your way to prison or a civil forfeiture.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 23, 2013, 11:37:31 PM
Josh stokes the fire he's standing on. Classic. Thread re-invigorated.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
September 23, 2013, 11:16:41 PM
I pre-ordered early february, and got my jalapeno about 3 weeks ago. Great little rig, i knew it was going to be a long wait and i was ok with that. Sure their customer service sucks, but i knew that going in to it. I am pleased with my rig.

In the first month of your new rig, you will make about $145, minus electricity.

Imagine how pleased you would have been if you had your rig in February, when you ordered it.  You would have made $1800 in your first month, minus electricity.  BTC were 1/4 then what the are now, but network hash rate was 1/48 then what it is now.  You would have been 12 times as pleased as you are now.

Or imagine how pleased you would be now if you had purchased BTC in February.  Your $250 in February would be $1100 now. 

I wonder where that $850 in BTC went.  I wonder who has it.

Except... that is a complete lie.

The difficulty would be in excess of where it is now in February if we had shipped in November, so he'd make less than he's making now.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
September 23, 2013, 10:56:14 PM
Love it how suddenly their are random newbies with <10 activity saying "My bfl unit is doing great!"
They look like socks for crying out loud, Most people that ordered a jally way the Frig back then, Would USUALLY have an account on this forum.
Odds are thats Where they found out about BFL, These forums.
Am I supposed to believe that people Lurked without an account for the entire time their bfl miner Constantly kept getting delays (average wait time about 8 months?) and only bothered to make a forum account After they recieved the unit, for the seemingly sole purpose of that account being to speak positivly about BFL?
legendary
Activity: 1638
September 23, 2013, 09:22:10 PM
I pre-ordered early february, and got my jalapeno about 3 weeks ago. Great little rig, i knew it was going to be a long wait and i was ok with that. Sure their customer service sucks, but i knew that going in to it. I am pleased with my rig.

In the first month of your new rig, you will make about $145, minus electricity.

Imagine how pleased you would have been if you had your rig in February, when you ordered it.  You would have made $1800 in your first month, minus electricity.  BTC were 1/4 then what the are now, but network hash rate was 1/48 then what it is now.  You would have been 12 times as pleased as you are now.

Or imagine how pleased you would be now if you had purchased BTC in February.  Your $250 in February would be $1100 now. 

I wonder where that $850 in BTC went.  I wonder who has it.

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
September 23, 2013, 05:34:49 PM
I did my preorder in march and my Jalapenos are already at my desk and mining B-)

not very likely according the backlog:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 23, 2013, 05:11:16 PM
What do you mean "already"? You paid for a product in March and received it in September and you're pleased with that service?
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
September 23, 2013, 05:05:34 PM
I did my preorder in march and my Jalapenos are already at my desk and mining B-)
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 23, 2013, 01:47:38 PM
Activity: 1
September 23, 2013, 05:26:50 AM
I was thinking of getting one but I heard about the really terrible delivery time, but now with the more recent USB Asic sticks that now have a reasonable performance, I think ill pass BFL and go for a few of the sticks Tongue

legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
September 23, 2013, 03:20:34 AM
Preorder is fine if the law is not broken:
Well, as you can see, BFL crooks have broken the law in every possible way!
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
September 22, 2013, 09:08:37 AM
Preorder business model is only good for trusted big companies. I guess many people got tricked to BTC preorder  Embarrassed

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

If you decide you can ship the order later, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delay. You may use whatever means you wish to do this -- such as the telephone, fax, mail, or email -- as long as you notify the customer of the delay reasonably quickly. The customer must have sufficient advance notification to make a meaningful decision to consent to the delay or cancel the order.

In any event, no notification to the customer can take longer than the time you originally promised or, if no time was promised, 30 days. If you cannot ship the order or provide the notice within this time, you must cancel the order and make a prompt refund.

In seeking your customer’s consent to delay, the first delay notice you provide to the customer (the "delay option" notice) must include:

a definite revised shipment date or, if unknown, a statement that you are unable to provide a revised shipment date;
a statement that, if the customer chooses not to wait, the customer can cancel the order and obtain a full and prompt refund; and
some means for the customer to choose to cancel at your expense (e.g., by providing a postage prepaid reply card or toll-free telephone number).
the following information when you cannot provide a revised shipping date:
the reason for the delay, and
a statement that, if the customer agrees to the indefinite delay, the customer may cancel the order any time until you ship the merchandise.
http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Thank you very much for sharing these precious and hard earned information with us!
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 21, 2013, 05:56:07 AM
Preorder business model is only good for trusted big companies. I guess many people got tricked to BTC preorder  Embarrassed

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

If you decide you can ship the order later, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delay. You may use whatever means you wish to do this -- such as the telephone, fax, mail, or email -- as long as you notify the customer of the delay reasonably quickly. The customer must have sufficient advance notification to make a meaningful decision to consent to the delay or cancel the order.

In any event, no notification to the customer can take longer than the time you originally promised or, if no time was promised, 30 days. If you cannot ship the order or provide the notice within this time, you must cancel the order and make a prompt refund.

In seeking your customer’s consent to delay, the first delay notice you provide to the customer (the "delay option" notice) must include:

a definite revised shipment date or, if unknown, a statement that you are unable to provide a revised shipment date;
a statement that, if the customer chooses not to wait, the customer can cancel the order and obtain a full and prompt refund; and
some means for the customer to choose to cancel at your expense (e.g., by providing a postage prepaid reply card or toll-free telephone number).
the following information when you cannot provide a revised shipping date:
the reason for the delay, and
a statement that, if the customer agrees to the indefinite delay, the customer may cancel the order any time until you ship the merchandise.
http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
September 21, 2013, 05:44:18 AM
Preorder business model is only good for trusted big companies. I guess many people got tricked to BTC preorder  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
September 20, 2013, 08:32:10 PM
Maybe they pay the judgement with monarchs.  LOL
Activity: 7
September 20, 2013, 01:10:59 PM
If you can't get a refund any other way, you might consider small claims court, which is specifically designed for small problems like this (<$10,000).

In most states, you don't need a lawyer.  In fact, in many states you can't use a lawyer.  Also, as a buyer of a product, you can file in the state where you purchased.  In other words, you don't need to file in the state where BFL is located.  

The process is fairly straight forward.  1) Send BFL a letter of intent to sue.  2) File with the small claims court.  3) Serve the party you are suing.  4) Collect your Evidence. (Sales contract, order status, etc)  5) Go to the court hearing.  

If the party you are suing fails to show at the hearing, then you may win by default.  This works well for parties that just don't bother to respond to their customers.

This process creates a problem for the one being sued because if claims like this are filed in multiple states, it may be cheaper for them to settle then to go to all the hearings.  Sometimes they will settle after the letter of intent is received because they realize that the process of fighting the claim will be more expensive than settling the claim.  But if they try to fight the claim, they will lose anyway because they haven't delivered their product or issued a refund.

The only issue with small claims court is it does not force the defendant to pay. It only issues a judgement against the defendant, so it is still the person who sues responsibility to recover damages. At least it would show they have a judgement against them.
Activity: 2
September 20, 2013, 09:53:32 AM
Damn BFL, my friend was going to buy one!
So all BFL products will never be shipped to a buyer?

They will be shipped when you can no longer even mine enough to break even.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
September 20, 2013, 09:43:35 AM
Thanks! I paid with Paypal so refund will be very difficult, if not impossible. Wish I had paid with creditcard, read that some people are successfully getting refunds from the creditcard company.

You should be fine with paypal, even if you didnt use the CC:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-a-paypal-refund-for-your-bfl-purchase-295187

Refunds with PP are fine. Much worse are BTC orders  Angry
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 20, 2013, 07:33:30 AM
Thanks! I paid with Paypal so refund will be very difficult, if not impossible. Wish I had paid with creditcard, read that some people are successfully getting refunds from the creditcard company.

You should be fine with paypal, even if you didnt use the CC:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/need-a-paypal-refund-for-your-bfl-purchase-295187
Activity: 6
September 20, 2013, 07:32:18 AM
If you can't get a refund any other way, you might consider small claims court, which is specifically designed for small problems like this (<$10,000).

In most states, you don't need a lawyer.  In fact, in many states you can't use a lawyer.  Also, as a buyer of a product, you can file in the state where you purchased.  In other words, you don't need to file in the state where BFL is located.  

The process is fairly straight forward.  1) Send BFL a letter of intent to sue.  2) File with the small claims court.  3) Serve the party you are suing.  4) Collect your Evidence. (Sales contract, order status, etc)  5) Go to the court hearing.  

If the party you are suing fails to show at the hearing, then you may win by default.  This works well for parties that just don't bother to respond to their customers.

This process creates a problem for the one being sued because if claims like this are filed in multiple states, it may be cheaper for them to settle then to go to all the hearings.  Sometimes they will settle after the letter of intent is received because they realize that the process of fighting the claim will be more expensive than settling the claim.  But if they try to fight the claim, they will lose anyway because they haven't delivered their product or issued a refund.
Pages:
Jump to: