Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 50. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 21, 2013, 08:32:26 PM
So, ok they don't take refunds, fine.  How many of you out there HAVE placed an order (w/proof), have been waiting for 6+ months?  Gather enough of you, and you have a full on class-action lawsuit against the company itself. Has this been attempted already?  If not, it would be something to seriously consider. Very least, get your money back.

Haven't you heard the great news? Now that they're done with your zero interest loan and BTC is up vs fiat you're graciously allowed a refund!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 21, 2013, 08:29:13 PM
What about people who have ordered 65NM chips... b ythe time they get them they'll be out of date, Then they have to make a product with them chips! haha. talking another 2-6 months at best before your to market and who's going buy something that so far out of date its a paper weight!

THe monarch is because they are getting no more orders in, IT AS NOT TAPED OUT, its like Nvidia and there B$! Complete marketing BS and i dont believe they intended to turn into the scamming company it as become, but as someone said, these people have always been cowboys and we knew the risks before getting involved,. I myself am still waiting for a single (order date 17th July 2012) and i dont even have the option to upgrade AS THERE SHIPPING ALL PRODUCTS! Im sorry, THEY ARE NOT SHIPPING NOTHING! THey are still covering the pre orders so are still offering PRE- ORDERS even on there 'old' tech.

Why do people say that? They began lying when they began selling pre-orders and they're headed up by a convicted fraudster. They've lied about performance of multiple product lines. They've lied about delivery dates on every product line they've sold. They're long con artists operating a pyramid scam and everything is running exactly as intended. They're not stupid and they're not incompetent...they're crooks.

My Thoughts exactly,

Whoever is in charge there, and no it is NOT josh. Definitely knows what they are doing.  I say it cannot be Josh in 100% control just due to the fact hes unable to hold his own composure while on his OWN forums.  Kid with nerd rage and self entitlement issues if you ask me.  

The person in charge as we know has been convicted of fraud and has done time in the past.  Obviously this guy is the brains of the show and is probably even using Josh and BFL as his own next target.  Leaving him and BFL for the fall when the shit really hits the fan. IF this is the case, we will be happy watching Josh and BFL burn, but it still doesnt help you guys... (though I wouldnt mind watching Josh play in oncoming traffic at this point)

So, ok they don't take refunds, fine.  How many of you out there HAVE placed an order (w/proof), have been waiting for 6+ months?  Gather enough of you, and you have a full on class-action lawsuit against the company itself. Has this been attempted already?  If not, it would be something to seriously consider. Very least, get your money back.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
August 21, 2013, 08:24:43 PM
mm, Yes, Your right, I cant find a good thing about buttfucker labs

Until today! Buffalo Labs has reversed their stance and will now honor all refunds via bitcoins: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bf-labs-inc-officially-reinstated-their-once-ended-refund-policy-via-bitcoin-279173
August 21, 2013, 08:00:18 PM
He's not on drugs...he's a hired professional liar plying his trade. Well maybe he's ALSO on drugs...
Activity: 9
August 21, 2013, 04:59:30 PM
Inaba: so even with 10 months being late. Is it fair? After 10 months of waiting you will never see positive ROI.

I suggest you read up on how bitcoin difficulty works as related to hashrate on the network.  Whether it's 10 months or 1 month, it's completely immaterial to your ROI. The network difficulty would be far greater than it is now back in December if we had shipped everything in October and you'd have the same people complaining because they don't understand how bitcoin works.

Sir, I call this bullshit. You sound like most or all of diff comes from BFL devices? This is not true. Every days of your scam delay someone is getting ASICs in hand from other companies. BFL has some percentage of hashing network but not most or all. Asicminer, Bitfury, Avalon, and there are others. 10 months of waiting means that you are forced to find a noob (ebay?) who will overpay for your order (if you want to have positive roi). Those are the facts.

Guys take a look at that. Josh/inaba says that 10 months being late with recieving order from BFL is OK. LOL!
That guy is on drugs... Even one month delay in Bitcoinland world means a huge profit cut.

STAY AWAY FROM BFL !!!!!
Activity: 10
August 21, 2013, 04:12:33 PM
Been lucky enough here to find a BFL on Craigslist, though be careful out there.
Activity: 7
August 21, 2013, 03:58:09 PM
nice thread
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
August 21, 2013, 03:13:51 PM
Why do people say that? They began lying when they began selling pre-orders and they're headed up by a convicted fraudster. They've lied about performance of multiple product lines. They've lied about delivery dates on every product line they've sold. They're long con artists operating a pyramid scam and everything is running exactly as intended. They're not stupid and they're not incompetent...they're crooks.

I find that amusing too that when a career criminal does something obviously scammy, there are so many brainwashed cultists lining up to defend him.  "Oh, I'm sure that convicted bank robber is going into that bank wearing a ski mask for a perfectly good reason THIS time!  He said so!"
Activity: 322
August 21, 2013, 02:36:13 PM
I just got a notice that my Jalapeno has been shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thats if its not faulty and as a power supply! All seriousness, Good luck Wink
August 21, 2013, 02:35:39 PM
mm, Yes, Your right, I cant find a good thing about buttfucker labs
Activity: 3
August 21, 2013, 02:35:05 PM
I just got a notice that my Jalapeno has been shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed.
August 21, 2013, 02:16:24 PM
What about people who have ordered 65NM chips... b ythe time they get them they'll be out of date, Then they have to make a product with them chips! haha. talking another 2-6 months at best before your to market and who's going buy something that so far out of date its a paper weight!

THe monarch is because they are getting no more orders in, IT AS NOT TAPED OUT, its like Nvidia and there B$! Complete marketing BS and i dont believe they intended to turn into the scamming company it as become, but as someone said, these people have always been cowboys and we knew the risks before getting involved,. I myself am still waiting for a single (order date 17th July 2012) and i dont even have the option to upgrade AS THERE SHIPPING ALL PRODUCTS! Im sorry, THEY ARE NOT SHIPPING NOTHING! THey are still covering the pre orders so are still offering PRE- ORDERS even on there 'old' tech.

August 21, 2013, 01:13:03 PM
I've just noticed something there doing, ALL MY and other peoples posts DO NOT show if your NOT logged in! They are making peoples threads UNSEEABLE if they are not signed up or just passing to look. Rather alot of threads too.

I know its there board but surely they're taking it too far and this just comes down to something illegal. As i live by common law, statutes mean nothing to me but to a COMPANY, there as gotta be something they are breaking. The fact that they are not refunding and not even offering refunds surely is breaking something!
August 21, 2013, 01:07:29 PM
Let the idiots be fooled by trolls like this. I have not been on these boards in over a year because of such people but what do you expect on a forum with the name BITCOINTALK.ORG.... its where EVERYONE ends up and its where they can get the most 'impact' from paid trolls or even just bum bashers that want to please people above by sucking rock........ you know what i mean Wink

Trolls are EVERYWHERE cause they earn $$$ from stupid revenue streams.
Activity: 24
August 21, 2013, 01:02:05 PM
I find it funny. I paid for my BFL hardware exactly three days before the first post on this thread. Personally I now can say that I was not scammed by BFL.

Now to be honest BFL is a bull-shit company, they lied with the Two Weeks again and again, now they are pulling some new bull shit with this Monarch Card crap, a terrible company.

But I finally recieved my hardware, and I will reach ROI by the end of the year.

Now they certainly scammed the community shipping time wise but I do not think they ever intended to take pre-order money and not deliver a product.

I think that BFL is a grossly mismanaged company with a whiny child like PR guy (sorry Josh, but real companies don't bitch on a public forum). But come on, what is BFL doing that Avalon hasn't at this point? I don't see people calling for Yifu to get a scammer tag.

Don't you ever post on these forums you piece of black matter waste!

Do you really think some of us are THAT stupid? You come here claiming you have this and you have that and yet you post no damn evidence supporting your claim and your activity is low as if you created the account a few days ago?!

Really?

Get the hell out of here dude oh my god you are a waste of space on this site, in your house and on this planet. YOU ARE NOT HELPING, you are encouraging people to buy from BFL and that in and of itself is a problem.

Now let me calm down here...

If people like us that don't know much about how a business should be run , but clearly see all the problems and easy ways to fix these issues... that means there is something wrong. Butterfly Labs is NOT a good example of how a business should be run. They only want your money and will do whatever it takes to get your money. Its greed plain and simple nothing more! I am glad I came here.... 6 Jalapeños ordered in March... over 900 dollars of my money gone.

Try talking to  some of the people in the chat box on BFL, most of them are idiots and most of them will try to convince you that there is no way to get a refund.

I DONT give a DAMN! There is always a way and talking peoples money without giving them a product in the allotted time is wrong! You don't have to be a genius to figure out what is going on.

August 21, 2013, 12:57:31 PM

There message board is SO over moderated that i can not ask these simple questions without them been deleted. Funny thing is, been in UK when i get up at 7/8am i can post and it will be there until 12-2pm cause there all in bed. Do you really think they are trying as hard get your products to you as they are trying to stop people actually discussing one of the worst companies anyone as ever had to deal with!

Its there lieing, Misleading and unprofessional manner and josh is the biggest silver spooned retard ive ever seen! This guy need pushing out of his plane at 10,000 feet with no parachute and do the world a favour! As someone said, the guy from avalon actually left the scene with some credit!

BFL IS A COWBOY COMPANY ON EVERY LEVEL! OWNER's, CO-OWNERS & OBVIOUSLLY MOST OF THERE STAFF ARE PAID OFF!

THe more i think about it companies like apple and google start seeming like good ethical companies! I mean apple actually buying its own factory cause fox conn's pay is too high and they want cheaper labour is a great idea compared to BFL! haha. ok, But you get my point!
Activity: 1
August 21, 2013, 11:36:30 AM
Just look at their terms now with the monarch they haven't even developed. There will be some interesting news in the next few days from other corners, I'll have to get out of newbie jail in time for the planned teaser Wink
Activity: 252
August 21, 2013, 08:17:06 AM
has anyone recieved a product from bfl if no its a scam

Heaps of people have received product from BFL (lots of unboxing photos around the net). I certainly have, if you want any sort of proof I have my two jalapenos, let me know...
Activity: 53
August 21, 2013, 08:03:28 AM
I've been watching the BFL situation for awhile now, and just my $0.02.

They're the classic small firm too-good-to-be-true model - that is, they start producing a product, but over-hype it and then when everyone bites, they can't keep up with demand.
Not wanting to piss any already-customer clients off, they don't reject or refund new or pending orders, and further tank until the entire world has a boot ITA.

FPGA modules were one thing...massively-parallel FPGA clusters another, but mass-production ASICs are a completely 'nother beast. It takes serious overhead to contract a semi foundry, and it takes serious overhead to contract enough units to prevent from tanking on a level that would bankrupt an entire city in the process. It's called "no such thing as a free lunch": If the chip is cheap, you can better believe you'll need a lot of them. If they're expensive, then less so.

Anyone trying to push custom ASICs running 3,500Mhash per chip and arraying them in a cluster as well as having the specific intent to market them to the entire world without going through the process of building a corporate infrastructure for which to do so is as far as I'm concerned, criminally insane.

Until TI or NXP starts manufacturing SHA-256 hashrunning ICs, I'll stay away from the ASIC craze. There is more grief than gain involved, and with the diff shooting through the roof because of everyone and their grandmother deciding to gangbang the Bitcoin concept with dreams of riches, the collective rug is getting pulled out from everyone's feet faster than they think.
Pages:
Jump to: