Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 52. (Read 415652 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
August 16, 2013, 07:39:48 PM
They should have had the scam tag imo

Scammers who pay ad money to the slimeballs who run this site don't get scammer tags.  Scammer tags are for people who don't pay the proper bribes to the crooks in charge.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
August 16, 2013, 06:34:16 PM
Public Service Announcement:

If you have ordered from Butterfly Labs (BFL) and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).

First ask Butterfly Labs (BFL) for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.

If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with Butterfly Labs (BFL) to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from Butterfly Labs (BFL), here are two:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yes-you-can-get-a-refund-from-bfl-266945
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/butterfly-labs-did-everything-they-could-to-make-getting-a-refund-impossible-272585
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
WTF???
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
August 16, 2013, 12:53:01 PM
You should double your order. Then you could mine twice as many bitcoins with the equipment you don't have

lol, I was about to pre-order a single 5GH/s unit from BFL about 4 months ago because it was only $274 and my video card was $300 (the one I wanted to buy at least) and I thought long and hard about which would be the better option and i came to the conclusion that I could either pay $300 for a GPU that is useful for more than just mining or pay $274 for a pre-order unit that only mines sha-256 coins and has a moving expected ship date. This is was pretty simple choice at that point for the video card. If I could have ordered the ASIC and have it shipped in a week or two then I probably would have done that before buying a gpu but now I am thanking the sweet lord Jesus H Christ that I didn't go for BFL rigs.

Thats what they are, rigged.  Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
★☆★777Coin★☆★
August 16, 2013, 11:50:50 AM
You should double your order. Then you could mine twice as many bitcoins with the equipment you don't have
Activity: 504
August 16, 2013, 09:54:13 AM

A scammer asking scam tag  Roll Eyes
Activity: 490
August 16, 2013, 08:09:54 AM
And Ponzi schemes pay out dividends....to the early investors.

Whether or not Butterfly Labs intended to scam people, when they realized that they could not deliver on time, they should have stopped accepting pre-orders. Butterfly Labs may not have started out as a scam, but it seems to have devolved into one. Sure, a few people have gotten their orders, but for most people, IF they get their order after many months of waiting, they will have a machine which will be useless, because the whole selling point was that you would be able to mine bitcoin and get some ROI.

Butterfly labs customer support people are snarky, rude, insult customers who are legitimately upset, and refuse to reimburse people who have been waiting an inordinate amount of time. BFL also lies about delivery dates.

In my book, that is a scam.

They have shipped units, how is it a scam lol
I think just like you,
if you will not get Butterfly  device on time then that device  will cost nothing. and you waste your money.

Activity: 11
August 16, 2013, 07:12:46 AM

Whether or not Butterfly Labs intended to scam people, when they realized that they could not deliver on time, they should have stopped accepting pre-orders. Butterfly Labs may not have started out as a scam, but it seems to have devolved into one. Sure, a few people have gotten their orders, but for most people, IF they get their order after many months of waiting, they will have a machine which will be useless, because the whole selling point was that you would be able to mine bitcoin and get some ROI.

Butterfly labs customer support people are snarky, rude, insult customers who are legitimately upset, and refuse to reimburse people who have been waiting an inordinate amount of time. BFL also lies about delivery dates.

I think just like you,
if you will not get Butterfly  device on time then that device  will cost nothing. and you waste your money.
Activity: 616
Activity: 335
August 16, 2013, 12:03:39 AM

Activity: 322
August 15, 2013, 09:34:08 PM
Eh just started my refund process, this should be fun.
1-800-LAWYERS

I eagerly await watching the folks at Butterfly Labs take it for every victim of theirs with every drop of the soap.
Activity: 602
August 15, 2013, 09:14:59 PM
Eh just started my refund process, this should be fun.
Activity: 38
August 15, 2013, 09:02:14 PM
I for one, got a refund on my BFL order back from May 1st and couldn't be happier.  A 25 gh/s little single is a joke with his type of difficulty.   Go invest in BTC or build a business.

Just a heads up, might near impossible to get your money back out of BFL.  Best of letting paypal know you ordered a preorder and need it refunded for failed delivery.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
Activity: 16
August 15, 2013, 03:53:58 PM
When they started accepting pre-orders the BTC price was low. But when they are delivering the product it is high. So, I think they made huge money only accepting pre-orders.

They also accepted pre-orders when BTC was $200+.
Activity: 16
August 15, 2013, 03:28:56 PM
When they started accepting pre-orders the BTC price was low. But when they are delivering the product it is high. So, I think they made huge money only accepting pre-orders.
Activity: 17
August 15, 2013, 03:17:35 PM
No they are not scam. Many peoples got their devices but they shipped lately.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
August 15, 2013, 02:05:11 PM
KnC / BitFury = WINNING ? lol.

I highly recommend that any new BTC miners only buy hardware that is ready to be shipped out (i.e. 3-5 business days) and do not pre-order any ASIC equipment from any vendor (Hint: No one at all is selling ready to go hardware with the exception of ASICMiner). It is simply put not worth it at this point in time and you'd be better off buying BTC and sitting on it for value appreciation.

P.S / Disclosure:

I ordered a BFL SC Single back in June of 2012 and did receive my order last week. It is not a scam but I would advise applying some common sense when investing into a new order today.
+1!  The rewards are too slim now to risk pre-ordering mining machines.
Activity: 1162
August 15, 2013, 01:53:09 PM
Pages:
Jump to: