Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 55. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
August 12, 2013, 06:31:05 AM
I used to have hard time trying to understand BFLs situation, but every post from Josh makes it a little bit easier. If a company is led by an incompetent asshole, it's no wonder they can't even produce shit.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
August 12, 2013, 01:18:02 AM
The company's crap is almost overwhelming.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
August 12, 2013, 01:04:51 AM
quote BFL forum

"Reposting Fet-Up's refund instructions. Might as well make a little more work for the deleters.

Perhaps a good idea is for everyone to make it their sig. You may not want a refund yourself, but any reasonable person should be in favor of them for those who do, and opposed to deleting posts that explain how.

-----------------------------------------
How I got my Butterfly Labs Refund, well after the 45 day PayPal limit.
http://tarspublishing.com/butterflyrefund
(This post will be removed when noticed by BFL, as they want to ensure that people don't know their legal rights: That alone makes them look pretty shady. I'm speaking from experience, as they modified my last post a week ago to simply say "Hello", and turned another posters comment about my post to "Post this in another forum") - Shady!"

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/277-friday-august-9-2013-shipping-update-page5.html#comment7100
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
August 12, 2013, 12:49:26 AM
I never said it was all from BFL, but the vast majority is and will continue to be for awhile yet.  You are deluding yourself if you think otherwise, heh.

Back to forums Josh? You coming to C3?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
August 11, 2013, 09:16:41 PM
There's no need to "prove it."  It doesn't matter what you believe.  Reality doesn't care about you, or haven't you figured that out yet?  When you are an adult, you'll realize the real world doesn't care about you and neither do I.

Well thought out and reasoned rebuttal champ!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
August 11, 2013, 08:37:38 PM
There's no need to "prove it."  It doesn't matter what you believe.  Reality doesn't care about you, or haven't you figured that out yet?  When you are an adult, you'll realize the real world doesn't care about you and neither do I.

"I care so little about you, I'm gonna keep on coming back to argue without proving my original point"

LOL. if anything this should show to avoid BFL like the plague
Activity: 308
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
August 11, 2013, 08:15:32 PM

"I care so little about you, I'm gonna keep on coming back to argue without proving my original point"
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2013, 07:40:57 PM
legendary
August 11, 2013, 07:27:47 PM
I never said it was all from BFL, but the vast majority is and will continue to be for awhile yet.  You are deluding yourself if you think otherwise, heh.

Well that certainly proved it, thanks...
legendary
August 11, 2013, 07:26:19 PM

legendary
August 11, 2013, 07:15:32 PM

Yea, BFL users must be living under a rock if they believe the diff increase is primarily due to BFL.  Sure they take part but give me a break.   Look around, there are other ASIC companies releasing chips and units at a much higher rate than the public BFL information.   Sure, BFL could be mining the crap out of the network but that is not due to the ones they have shipped.

Care to provide a link to anyone shipping, besides BFL?

Care to provide some kinda proof and numbers that ALL the unknown has rate is BFL?

Oh that's right you don't provide solid numbers you just make comments that imply you have shipped all that hash rate.
legendary
August 11, 2013, 06:41:57 PM

Yea, BFL users must be living under a rock if they believe the diff increase is primarily due to BFL.  Sure they take part but give me a break.   Look around, there are other ASIC companies releasing chips and units at a much higher rate than the public BFL information.   Sure, BFL could be mining the crap out of the network but that is not due to the ones they have shipped.

Care to provide a link to anyone shipping, besides BFL?
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 11, 2013, 03:58:36 PM

Ummm.... correlation, please.

The reason that the hashrate is going up like it is and that difficulty is about to make its biggest jump ever is because of BFL units hitting the market.

I know that's what they're telling their forum members, but you've seen the pictures of hundreds of thousands of Avalon chips sitting in boxes, right? Millions of them have been made and it's unlikely they're all sitting in customs.

Additionally, Bitfury chips have also started shipping.

Some of the network growth is BFL.  But claiming that it's ALL BFL is completely wishful thinking on the part of BFL users.

Yea, BFL users must be living under a rock if they believe the diff increase is primarily due to BFL.  Sure they take part but give me a break.   Look around, there are other ASIC companies releasing chips and units at a much higher rate than the public BFL information.   Sure, BFL could be mining the crap out of the network but that is not due to the ones they have shipped.
August 11, 2013, 02:12:34 AM
I've also had terrible experience with Butterfly Labs

Read my experience here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/help-me-show-others-the-dark-side-of-butterflylabs-271386

But they are shipping. "Where do you think the difficulty is coming from"  Cheesy Grin
BFL are mining with customer ASICs making money for themselves at the expense of their customers ROI. Isn't it obvious? Besides, there are other ASIC manufacturers as well.
Yes, in that post I was being sarcastic.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
August 11, 2013, 02:04:32 AM
I've also had terrible experience with Butterfly Labs

Read my experience here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/help-me-show-others-the-dark-side-of-butterflylabs-271386

But they are shipping. "Where do you think the difficulty is coming from"  Cheesy Grin
BFL are mining with customer ASICs making money for themselves at the expense of their customers ROI. Isn't it obvious? Besides, there are other ASIC manufacturers as well.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 11, 2013, 12:36:55 AM
I agree its a big scam  Grin
August 11, 2013, 12:30:38 AM
that face denotes laughter because I really do believe between asicminer and resellers, more terrahash have been distributed than BFL. Of course, I can't prove it -- because they dont give us the hard numbers of shipped product.
Activity: 434
August 11, 2013, 12:30:10 AM
Avalon batch 3's are waiting on DHL last I heard, and yifu didn't even announce anything til mid/late July.

You heard wrong and I have the batch 3 next to me to prove it.
Activity: 644
August 11, 2013, 12:26:52 AM
Y link=topic=114329.msg2907015#msg2907015 date=1376168063]
by the end of the year EVERY BFL unit will never make back the cost of the unit.   Expecting to see that by December, they will cost more in electric than the amount of BTC it earns.   The chips are so outdated now.  The waiting game is about to conclude.  2 more months BFL customers..   that 30% jump in 12 days will continue to happen every 12 days for the next 2-3 months.

already addressed this. difficulty is coming from friedcat and resellers like canaryinthemine (read above). not bfl  Grin
[/quote]

Is the winky face denoting sarcasm, I'm not sure? TwThe network had around 10Th at the beginning of June. Bfl started shipping and not too long later, it's approaching 30 th.    that growth wasn't friedcat. I wish it was, owning tats pass throughs. But AM posted declines in its dividend, and the percentage of solved blocks coming from his has slumped. Avalon batch 3's are waiting on DHL last I heard, and yifu didn't even announce anything til mid/late July. So it's not friedcat or Avalon. Meanwhile pools are also skyrocketing. Bit minter reported around 5.2 Th in their pool in early July. What's it now? 18.4 TH.

Knc miners not shipping, so it's not them. Someone said canary had shipped around 4.5 Th, so it's not his doing.

Meanwhile more and more people on Bfl's boards are reporting that they're receiving them. I got mine, just a jalapeño that I immediately sold on eBay. And on eBay, more and more bfl auctions are for products that are in hand rather than buying a spot on a waiting list.

End of it is, they claimed to have started shipping in June, and the network has seen an immense rise since then and there's nowhere else to account for it. Bashing BFL has been everyone's favorite past time, but all the evidence shows that they're making good. Not as fast as everyone would have liked. The point is that they offered something stupendous and people scrambled to get in.  Even if there had been no Avalon and no AsicMiner, and even if they had been able to ship product out the door within a month of taking in orders, the people that ordered after the first few months of announcement l would still be F'ed.

Again. If your post was in jest, this was a long reply about nothing but too many people out there (I think) are carrying forward their anger and mistrust, while ignoring the realities. That bfl is indeed shipping. That likely everyone out there is underestimating how many orders they took in. And what the effect of just the other bfl orders would have had on the order they made months after announcement. They're lack of clarity certainly doesn't help, and there's a lot of anger about the order they've chosen to ship. But that's a different story. I really wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the "day" they wind up being responsible for adding hundreds of TH to the network.  That's why I wonder among everything else, how much capacity friedcat has to spare, will he be able to continue claiming so much of the network in light of Bfl's shipments, knc's theoretical ones, and the hundreds of thousands of chips that Avalon is selling off.
Pages:
Jump to: