Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 72. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
July 17, 2013, 05:15:25 AM
BFL  lies, and again and again

http://imgur.com/a/Tvjc6

and now they blocked  forums.butterflylabs.com   no more user can register ... 

why no one has not sued BFL ? This is a multi-million dollar fraud, thousands of users have been  deceived !! and still nothing

where is famous for justice in the U.S.?

instead hardware, another lies
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
July 17, 2013, 04:34:56 AM
i ordered my product from butterflylabs like 2months ago sitll nothing i agree this company is nothing but a scam

Ha! Think two months is long? I ordered an SC on June 26th, 2012 and just received it last Friday. 381 days. It will likely NEVER make me back the 120 BTC it cost me.

you payed in fiat using BTC. BTC was like $5 back then.

donator
July 17, 2013, 04:32:58 AM
lol, I ordered 11 months and 2 weeks ago. nothing. not a scam though (yet), just incompetence.

Haha... You really think the money you gave them 11 months and 2 weeks ago is still untouched ?
That's cute. Smiley

I didn't say that.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008
CEO of IOHK
July 17, 2013, 01:53:08 AM
Hey, hindsight is a great way to invest.  Since you're so good at hindsight investing BBazaar, can you tell me how many billions of dollars you have made?  Oh, what's that?  You're just a poor slob without any sort of connection to reality?  Sorry... from the way you were talking, it sounded like you had cracked the secret of predicting the market with 100% accuracy.

If you knew the bitcoin price was going to go up last year, why didn't you put hundreds of thousands of dollars into bitcoin at that time?  That's right, because you didn't know... no one *knew*.  So unless you've perfected time travel, you should probably move along.

Why the hell are you still posting here? Come on man, get back to peddling your substandard product.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 17, 2013, 01:26:51 AM
i ordered my product from butterflylabs like 2months ago sitll nothing i agree this company is nothing but a scam

Ha! Think two months is long? I ordered an SC on June 26th, 2012 and just received it last Friday. 381 days. It will likely NEVER make me back the 120 BTC it cost me.
If that's what you think, you should sell it to someone for 150 BTC!  That's the going rate I hear...

EDIT:  BTW, received my singles today, they are happily hashing away!  Smiley

Sigh - I'm still 2 weeks away from mine - but expecting upgrade email any day now!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
July 17, 2013, 01:07:59 AM

If that's what you think, you should sell it to someone for 150 BTC!  That's the going rate I hear...

EDIT:  BTW, received my singles today, they are happily hashing away!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2013, 12:58:13 AM
Hey, hindsight is a great way to invest.  Since you're so good at hindsight investing BBazaar, can you tell me how many billions of dollars you have made?  Oh, what's that?  You're just a poor slob without any sort of connection to reality?  Sorry... from the way you were talking, it sounded like you had cracked the secret of predicting the market with 100% accuracy.

If you knew the bitcoin price was going to go up last year, why didn't you put hundreds of thousands of dollars into bitcoin at that time?  That's right, because you didn't know... no one *knew*.  So unless you've perfected time travel, you should probably move along.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
July 16, 2013, 10:03:42 PM

Congrats on receiving your order at least.  Once you take into account the currency growth you could have had as well as the missed time mining... definitely a painful transaction.

Now the flipside?  If Bfly took your 120BTC on June 26th, and assume they didn't order the parts for the unit you received recently until April when they finally cashed in your coins, then they were worth $24,000.  I'd say it's pretty obvious they benefited from the delays while you suffered.
Activity: 34
July 16, 2013, 09:57:28 PM
Look, Butterfly Labs is a scam.  There is no other way to put it, unless you were one of the first few who received their orders.  Let's be clear on a few points.

- Butterfly continued to accept preorders when they could not fulfill them or have a reasonable basis for delivery (this violates all FTC regulations)
- Butterfly is continuing to ship units at whatever rate they can.  Realistically, they are barely fulfilling preorders that are up to a year or older
- Butterfly is now refusing refunds.  That's right, if you placed an order you cannot get a refund.  The reasoning that Butterfly uses is that "all sales are final" and "orders are shipping". Let's get something straight.  If an order isn't in your hands or actually in the process of assembly and shipping, the sale is no where near "final" and every customer is entitled to a refund.  If you ordered in May, you will not receive your unit until sometime near December.  There is no excuse as to why that order can't be refunded, end of story.

Last but not least, no respectable company, especially one looking to make a name for themselves in a virgin industry, would conduct business like Butterfly.  Being represented by folks like Josh is disgraceful, if one of my employees acted in that capacity he would be fired on the spot.  The customer is always first.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
July 16, 2013, 08:59:03 PM

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
July 16, 2013, 08:44:38 PM
lol, I ordered 11 months and 2 weeks ago. nothing. not a scam though (yet), just incompetence.

Haha... You really think the money you gave them 11 months and 2 weeks ago is still untouched ?
That's cute. Smiley

(And if think they used that money to cover any fee... Then it's a scam, plain and simple, no possible argument.)
donator
July 15, 2013, 07:46:30 AM

Activity: 6
July 15, 2013, 07:43:25 AM
I think the preorder is just a bad investment not a scam.  I waited 6 months, asked for my money back only one time, and I was given a full refund no problem.  I think alot of the people that are mad are mad because they counted their chickens before their eggs hatched.
Activity: 149
July 13, 2013, 03:26:22 PM
Made a couple of phone calls this morning.  I was informed about this website and told that they would likely be very interested in hearing about BF Labs story.

Don't be shy fellows, they accept third party submissions.  Let the IC3 determine if no refunds is legal or not...

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
July 13, 2013, 07:32:53 AM
pollomanloco. You working on BFL, right?
Activity: 1
July 13, 2013, 04:00:20 AM
 Grin the bfl miner is not a scam.
They are just batch ordered, trust me. Obviously you're going in at 30 thousand, so i understand why you wouldn't want to risk your wealth, but they are legit, infact you can order their ASIC mining chips direct from them, and if you know a PCM manufacturer, have your own custom made. Think about it, carbon fiber chipset, oil cooled, etc. So in layman's terms, you are just thirsty for a business. Understandable, so go open a subway.
July 13, 2013, 03:38:05 AM
July 13, 2013, 03:16:41 AM
PayPal isn't ignorant about BFL non-compliance with ToS.  They've been aware of the issue for months.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/137-first-most-boring-update.html#comment1600

Unclear if this was a one-time verification they requested, or if this is something they continue to "manage".

It looks like we need to keep the pressure on PayPal, as that seems to be the only thing getting BFL to actually ship units.

FYI: [email protected]

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 13, 2013, 02:12:18 AM
BFL has definitely been bending their customers over the barrel from the beginning.  However, I don't think it's being done maliciously or to boost profits.  My understanding is that from the beginning of Jalapeno pre-sales to late May '13, the issues have been technical and logistic in nature.  They over-promised and didn't realize that things can't come together in an instant when you're dealing with orders of that magnitude.  They weren't able to secure enough supplies of the ASIC chips, then they couldn't quite engineer the overall product to meet their original promises...and the whole time they kept saying "they're shipping next week." 

I think the customers would have had some better closure if they had just said, "hey, realistically you won't see hardware until Q3 2013." 

I think this venture was started by an over-zealous (and possibly untrustworthy) CEO/president.  The issues were compounded with the fact that their engineers didn't have any real experience and totally mis-judged what kind of time expectations the customer could rely on.  All of that plus the technical issues of making this particular device--too much power, not enough hash, etc., etc.--doomed any realistic schedule for delivery.

I ordered mine early May '13...May God have mercy on me and get me in the 1/3 who get their orders on the first pass through the list  Cry

You need to look into Sonny's last 2 ventures and rethink your position.
Activity: 2
July 13, 2013, 02:04:49 AM
BFL has definitely been bending their customers over the barrel from the beginning.  However, I don't think it's being done maliciously or to boost profits.  My understanding is that from the beginning of Jalapeno pre-sales to late May '13, the issues have been technical and logistic in nature.  They over-promised and didn't realize that things can't come together in an instant when you're dealing with orders of that magnitude.  They weren't able to secure enough supplies of the ASIC chips, then they couldn't quite engineer the overall product to meet their original promises...and the whole time they kept saying "they're shipping next week." 

I think the customers would have had some better closure if they had just said, "hey, realistically you won't see hardware until Q3 2013." 

I think this venture was started by an over-zealous (and possibly untrustworthy) CEO/president.  The issues were compounded with the fact that their engineers didn't have any real experience and totally mis-judged what kind of time expectations the customer could rely on.  All of that plus the technical issues of making this particular device--too much power, not enough hash, etc., etc.--doomed any realistic schedule for delivery.

I ordered mine early May '13...May God have mercy on me and get me in the 1/3 who get their orders on the first pass through the list  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: