Author

Topic: Buy altcoins or not? - page 102. (Read 260558 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 08:49:19 PM
True what they say here above. I just traded a few LTC for a couple of Monero's as Monero climbing so much and it is my first Monero. I just want to trade some and buy ETH within a week and that will be stored for a long term
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 08:45:42 PM
Investing on altcoin is a good choice because it can grow your investment in short period but you must be careful choosing what to buy.
Activity: 112
November 22, 2017, 08:38:57 PM
I think if you want to grow your money faster then you should buy altcoins this can give you big amount of money in return but be careful what coins to choose because there are plenty that are scam.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 07:45:25 PM
I've wondered this as well. should I be buying and selling or buying and holding? I suppose it depends on the coin, but buying and holding anything for too long strikes me as a huge risk. it seems like buying and selling soon after makes the most sense.

On alts the way is buy and sell the way to hold is on bitcoin.
Can you explain why you recommend this? In my opinion it's exactly the opposite. If you buy low priced altcoins and their price will rise for small money like $50 then you already have a huge winning percentage of several 100%! But you need to hold the altcoins and wait until this will happen (if).

If you buy bitcoin as an investment you will likely have to wait a very long time to have a 100% winning percentage, but if you sell after price has rised for $1000 then you have won something and could take the win.

Big gambling or small almost garantee profit.

Unless you are part of a group, pump phase can be very deathfull.
Need to have information about timeline, targets   etc ....

https://discord.gg/dHcwD4w

Here is one discord pump group.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 07:23:10 PM
I've wondered this as well. should I be buying and selling or buying and holding? I suppose it depends on the coin, but buying and holding anything for too long strikes me as a huge risk. it seems like buying and selling soon after makes the most sense.

On alts the way is buy and sell the way to hold is on bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
November 22, 2017, 03:22:25 PM

you actually gave yourself the answers to your own questions. what to do with a token will definitely depend on that token project. it is certainly more logical to hold on some long term projects. some projects can be earned with short-term buying and selling.  I have not seen any projects in this market that have done the ico event in the short term and joined  the exchange immediately afterwards. it is necessary to wait at least 4-5 months for a project.

Activity: 994
Merit: 502
November 22, 2017, 03:13:23 PM
Buy when the price is low and hold on to them for a while
Well buying altcoins is a very good idea, but before we buy for altcoins we should think very well on which altcoins we should buy for, so we dont have to regret on what decisions we will make, but for me the best altcoins to buy for is ethereum, because it has large market value and it is very sure that we dont gonna regret this.

Altcoins are good to buy but if you ask my personal experience, i would say No. Even though the prices of alt are very low but they do not see any hope to rise until bitcoin is rising. So better if we invest in bitcoins and get profit day by day, rather than buying alts and stuck our money for few months.
Not everyone could have experienced the same scenario. It varies between users, you could have made the investment into the wrong altcoins. Always its good to have a diversified portfolio, so that can try to make an regular earning even when one seems to be falling low.
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
November 22, 2017, 03:13:06 PM
Do whatever you think is best to do and what suits you best.
I think trading with altcoins is better than investing in them for long term. If you are investing in them you need to do lots of research about them before investment, if you want to trade you have to read news, updates and follow the market.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 03:11:50 PM

It's common to hear many within  the community question about the feasibility of investing into altcoins whenever they're in a sea of red(falling in value). I think there is no problem if we buy an altcoin if it is in lower price and do not sell if the value is low. Keep hold on if you see the price is falling and sell if the price is high. Just think wisely before to sell or buy on it.
Activity: 615
Merit: 253
November 22, 2017, 02:43:04 PM
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
November 22, 2017, 02:36:12 PM
According to me "yes" we should invest in alts,their are some good alts which can give you great deal such as ETH,XMR,ZEC,IOTA and you can even see their progress which is steady and trustworthy,Bitcoin is for them who wants to invest for a long term and big amount but it is not the case for alts,every category can buy them but you need to be more clever with your selection and you selling time.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
November 22, 2017, 12:58:31 PM
Well buying altcoins is a very good idea, but before we buy for altcoins we should think very well on which altcoins we should buy for, so we dont have to regret on what decisions we will make, but for me the best altcoins to buy for is ethereum, because it has large market value and it is very sure that we dont gonna regret this.

Altcoins are good to buy but if you ask my personal experience, i would say No. Even though the prices of alt are very low but they do not see any hope to rise until bitcoin is rising. So better if we invest in bitcoins and get profit day by day, rather than buying alts and stuck our money for few months.
According to my experience, Altcoins will become the next trending in next year or sooner than is next month.
Currently, Bitcoin has not SegWit2x, its problem still exist and only the problem of Bitcoin confirmation block happen again, the cryptocurrency user will transfer to other potential altcoins have high liquidity.
Activity: 350
Merit: 103
November 22, 2017, 11:47:43 AM
In the last months better growing BTC and him forks (Bitcoin Cash, BTG) and altcoins from TOP20.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
November 22, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 11:18:50 AM
Activity: 70
November 22, 2017, 11:17:45 AM
Altcoins will never be as good as the old king bitcoin, so it is probably best to put the earnings from altcoins into bitcoins. The risk is smaller, but the potential profit is probably, too.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
November 22, 2017, 11:13:55 AM
Bear market will probably end soon,so I think now is the good time for buying alts.
I understand all hodler's pain and how hard it is to believe in alts atm but everything gonna be OK!
Activity: 70
November 22, 2017, 11:11:24 AM
Altcoins are like penny stocks. They can rise significantly or go to zero. So, buy altcoins or not depends on your risk tolerance.
Activity: 191
Merit: 21
Decentralized Security - DIW
November 22, 2017, 11:09:55 AM
Yes investing in altcoins is good too, Bitcoin is too expensive to buy now. Altcoins are good long and short term investments, a good example is Ethereum and Ripple.
Activity: 266
November 22, 2017, 11:07:23 AM
Yes certainly, and it does not mean how much the price of Bitcoin will be — it will not affect much on the prices of altcoins. Just follow their rates before you decide which of them you want to invest into and then buy several alts.
Jump to: