Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 354. (Read 108517 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
November 10, 2023, 01:20:22 PM
So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978,
Considering the current market price compared with the Lowest low of this run which is around 15K and the Highest high which we are now, we haven't even crossed the quarter region to its next ATH.

So anyone who wants to buy Bitcoin for the long term still has time to buy at the discounted price but the price can move either way in short term and its always been the case so focusing on its long-term pattern will give better clarity for anyone who looks at what price to invest/buy bitcoin.
I agree that its still early in the -bull run- to buy now and look to the future to make profits if
thats the goal but after the surge up to todays market price of over $37,000 I would say that
there are a good few people holding out now for "the Dip" because inevitably it will happen eventhough
the sentiment ATM is that it could rise further . . . abd keep going!

It is not "inevitable" that a dip will happen from here.  Sure, the odds for a dip become higher "most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978" (which is right around a 50% price appreciation in two months).. but remember (or look at the charts), we experienced a 3.5x appreciation in 3 months in 2019 from April 1 to June 30... so none of us can tell very much regarding how high the odds for a correction are, but surely a correction not inevitable and even if a correction does end up happening, it does not mean that the correction is going to even come back down to the prices that we currently are at.

Personally, I do have a sense that there might be some resistance in the $50-$55k range.. but who knows?  Sometimes corrections come earlier than the anticipated resistance, and sometimes they will go past the anticipated area of resistance before correcting.. yet at the same time, many of us likely realize when the BTC price goes up fast, then there is a need for demand to keep up so sometimes the demand will peter out when the price goes up quickly and when it continues to go up without having some corrections in there in order to give some time for demand to catch up... yet none of that really means anything if we cannot exactly figure out where the demand is coming, and sure sometimes there are clues in terms of being able to see some of the places in which transactions are happening... but sometimes, it can be difficult to figure out where the demand is and if it might be Over the counter(OTC) which largely means off exchanges and behind the scenes rather than in places that are measurable.

Personally, I have FIAT now but I'm holding out for the "correction" - so yea I'm waiting for the
"Buy the Dip, and HODL" moment.

You might be talking your book when you are talking about the "inevitable" dip.  And, yeah, no problem waiting for a dip, but hopefully you are prepared for the fact that a dip might not happen to meet your satisfaction.  In other words, frequently it is preferable to prepare for both UP and down, and if you end up getting your prediction (or anticipation) wrong then at least you are sufficiently prepared to ride out the BTC price when it goes opposite the direction that you had most expected.  These preparations for both directions are ongoing issues in bitcoin, even though sure traders play those directional anticpations in BIG ways, and that's why an overwhelming majority of traders cannot beat a straight forward DCA approach, especially if we might look a trader in bitcoin and over a cycle or two..

Personally, I have FIAT now but I'm holding out for the "correction" - so yea I'm waiting for the
You've already had a million and one opportunity to buy during correction, so why wait now? You think next correction would be any different from correction we had before? Come one man, dont be so greedy. Take some of your holding and make a test purchase. You wont lose much, and would have tested the market. Who knows, maybe today is the best time to jump in and you would thank me in half a year.

That's part of the problem with fucking around with trying to wait for downity or something like that.  The guys waiting for downity will sometimes end up getting caught in a kind of loop of psychological trauma because if the price keeps moving up they may well end up getting more and more bitter about their situation of having had not sufficiently prepared by betting too much in a direction that may or may not end up happening, especially if they might have had played their hand too BIGgedly.. .and then as the price keeps moving up..  .just like it is 50% up from the low from 2 months ago, they believe that this is not a good time to buy (and they are probably right), but they either should have been buying all along or they should not have been fucking around with either trading or refusing to buy with too BIG of plays.

One of the main solutions is to have an ongoing buying practice so that there would not be any need to buy on the way up, unless it is merely part of a DCA plan... rather than an attempt to chase the price (no body wants to be in a position of chasing the price, but what are we going to do if the BTC price keeps moving up but we continue to fail/refuse to buy and at the same time we had failed/refused to stock up sufficiently on dee cornz.

Your suggestion for aoluain to buy on the way up might not really work so well because it could well be the case that aoluain had already gotten himself into a pretty BIG pickle (a bad situation by either failing/refusing to buy or selling too much too soon - ie. trading)...

And, yeah the point about having a lot of opportunties, there has been a little more than a year and a half in which the BTC price has been quite a bit lower than current prices. and yeah, especially we had a lot of opportunties in the low $20ks and even below $20k for right around 7 months mostly in late 2022.

Another thing is that aoluain has been in bitcoin since early 2017.. which is another reason that he should have had been able to stock up on quite a few cheap cornz, even though sometimes it can take a while for guys to figure out that stacking up is the key, but even from late 2018 there were a lot of opportunities to buy BTC for quite a bit less than $10k, but there also were quite a few times of pretty scary price moves that could have had caused confusion for those who are trying to play the waves rather than mostly accumulating.

Let's look.  A guy buying $100 per week of BTC since the beginning of 2017 until now would have had investedd right around $36k, and would have accumulated right around 5.3125 BTC (with a current market price of nearly $200k - which would be right around a 5.5x appreciation in the amount invested), and that surely would not be a bad place to be.

You are correct Litzki1990 in pointing out how so many members seem to get caught up in wrong ideas about the various ways that rich people are advantaged over poor people, and sure, rich people likely have more disposable income, but it surely does not mean that the rich people are going to end up taking advantage of opportunities to invest into bitcoin, and it could well end up happening that many poor people are able to surpass the advantages of rich people merely because they both know about bitcoin and they consistently invest into bitcoin.
Just as a rich person does not take time to become poor, so a poor person does not take time to become rich. Changing the position of people is only a matter of time. There are many poor people who have changed their fortunes by investing. 

Your profit or loss will not depend on how much money you have, but your profit or loss will depend on how much knowledge you have to invest. 
If a rich person invests a large amount of money in the wrong place and if he does not get a return due to the large amount of money invested in the wrong place, he will lose only a part of his total money, thereby reducing his wealth. 
On the other hand, a poor person who invests in the right place and holds his investment for a certain period of time, but that poor person can increase his money by investing. That is, a rich person's money goes down due to investing in the wrong place and a poor person's money goes up due to investing in the right place. How much money you have is not important but what matters is whether you are using your money properly. Investing in Bitcoin is investing in the right place, and investing in the right place can transform an investor's position if deeply held. 

When I started investing I was not financially sound but my full focus was on my investments. I was committed to hold my investment for long term and I have continued to do so till now and that is why I am getting the success I expected due to my holding this investment for long term.

I doubt that it is a very helpful practice to compare a rich person investing in the wrong place and a poor person investing in the right place, and yeah, sure, that happens, but it is just not very realistic to boil it down to something like that, even though I get your point that if a poor person puts effort into making sure that he is invested in the right place, then he will have advantages over rich people and also that bitcoin is the right place to invest, and I agree with that too.. but at the same time, we are not going to really know if some place happens to be the right place or the wrong place, and that is part of the reason that we need to allocate our investment in such a way that we are not using money that we need in the short-to-medium term and that we can take the chance that either the investment will go to zero or at least that we may well not be able (or want to) access the invested money for 10-20 years or longer - whatever our investment timeline might happen to be.. of course, frequently we end up speaking here about investment timelines needing to be at least one cycle - so at least 4 years, yet many of us have likely already come to appreciate that there are several likely compounding advantages that might well end up coming if we are able to let our BTC investment ride a couple of cycles or more...

and sure I am a big talker, but so far, I have ONLY been through 2.5 cycles, and we cannot really know with any high level of conviction what might happen in the upcoming cycles as compared to the past, even though there are some expectations that some of the upside  may well have had good chances of not being as great, but I surely consider bitcoin's addressable market to likely be close to if not north of $1 quadrillion dollars, which makes bitcoin right around 2,000x of todays price.. but at the same time, it could take 50 to 200 years for something like that to end up playing out.. so many of us have way shorter investing cycles that might well be 4 years to 40 years.. depending where we are at and our age... so yeah, there could be some folks in their teens and/or early 20s who are just getting started in bitcoin and may well have the potential for a longer than 40 year investment cycle, even though there could be some hope that they might not have to continue to work until they are 60 or older if they invest well while they are young then maybe they could expect to get to fuck you status right around in their 40s.
Activity: 560
Merit: 511
November 10, 2023, 12:35:44 PM
there is a lot of profit potential in a short period of time.
I don't see any nig profit in bitcoin when you invest in a short period, because it is better that you focis on a long term goal and pit your mentality on a long term goal so that you will be able to hodli for long while you increase your portgolio with regulat DCA method. It is only traders that soimds the way that you are sounding. and that is why when they see a little increase in price all their body is in panic to sell. Don't focis more on this short term change of price because, it can tempt to to se;; and when you cam't overcome it, you might sell and miss out bigger profit that is upfront waiting for you. This is why you shoulf have a bitcoin target and make a plan on how much you will be buying regularly so that you can reach your butcoin target in the long run.

So I say to those who want to invest in altcoins, don't just focus on altcoins
It is better not to even think of altcoins as part of an investment because it is like gambling and not investment, since you will not be able to hodli for long. Infact just forget about them as they are distractions.

it's better to invest in bitcoins when the bitcoin pump starts, because in this case, the profit is more.
No mate, you are getting evertthing some how wrong. You can invest in bitcoin anytime whether when the market id pimping or dumping but what matters is that you should continue buying with DCA weekly or monthly do that you have more advantage over the market. This is because your bitcoin portfolio is increasing gradually and after a long tern like 4-10yrs and above, you will have a good amount that you have accumulated and the price of bitcoin will have passed when you started buying initially. I will say that the best time to buy bitcoin is at the bottom line of the dip buy do you want to start waiting for the bottom line when you don't know when it will come. That is why regular DCA saves from those regrets that you will make when waiting for the dip because you might end up missing out. Also it is better to increase your bitcoin investment gradually as that is how the nature of life is.

When you buy at when bitcoin price is why, it means that you are buying out of FOMO and you might get discouraged when the price dips below your entry point and stays there for a while. Don't buy because of quick profit but buy because you want to compound the profit over a long period of time.

But currently I am investing in altcoins in small amount that is on ENG token that's why its market value is almost bullish now.But I am currently more interested in investing in Bitcoin because I made a good profit in a short period of time investing in Bitcoin which I have done the most important work of my life
I can see that you are a beginner in your bitcoin journey and you are still a low coiner, why are you fucking around with altcoins when you do not have much bitcoin in your bag. It will be better for you to sell those shitcoins of yours and use the money to buy bitcoin, because as a newbie you need to stay more focus on one investment which is bitcoin since it is the ultimate of all. You will only end up distracting yourself with those shitcoins of your and it will hinder your progress in your bitcoin journey because your mind will be divided.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 370
November 10, 2023, 11:35:07 AM
You are correct Litzki1990 in pointing out how so many members seem to get caught up in wrong ideas about the various ways that rich people are advantaged over poor people, and sure, rich people likely have more disposable income, but it surely does not mean that the rich people are going to end up taking advantage of opportunities to invest into bitcoin, and it could well end up happening that many poor people are able to surpass the advantages of rich people merely because they both know about bitcoin and they consistently invest into bitcoin.
Just as a rich person does not take time to become poor, so a poor person does not take time to become rich. Changing the position of people is only a matter of time. There are many poor people who have changed their fortunes by investing. 

Your profit or loss will not depend on how much money you have, but your profit or loss will depend on how much knowledge you have to invest. 
If a rich person invests a large amount of money in the wrong place and if he does not get a return due to the large amount of money invested in the wrong place, he will lose only a part of his total money, thereby reducing his wealth. 
On the other hand, a poor person who invests in the right place and holds his investment for a certain period of time, but that poor person can increase his money by investing. That is, a rich person's money goes down due to investing in the wrong place and a poor person's money goes up due to investing in the right place. How much money you have is not important but what matters is whether you are using your money properly. Investing in Bitcoin is investing in the right place, and investing in the right place can transform an investor's position if deeply held. 

When I started investing I was not financially sound but my full focus was on my investments. I was committed to hold my investment for long term and I have continued to do so till now and that is why I am getting the success I expected due to my holding this investment for long term.
Activity: 559
Merit: 48
November 10, 2023, 11:15:58 AM

You've already had a million and one opportunity to buy during correction, so why wait now? You think next correction would be any different from correction we had before? Come one man, dont be so greedy. Take some of your holding and make a test purchase. You wont lose much, and would have tested the market. Who knows, maybe today is the best time to jump in and you would thank me in half a year.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
November 10, 2023, 11:11:42 AM
So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978,

Considering the current market price compared with the Lowest low of this run which is around 15K and the Highest high which we are now, we haven't even crossed the quarter region to its next ATH.

So anyone who wants to buy Bitcoin for the long term still has time to buy at the discounted price but the price can move either way in short term and its always been the case so focusing on its long-term pattern will give better clarity for anyone who looks at what price to invest/buy bitcoin.

I agree that its still early in the -bull run- to buy now and look to the future to make profits if
thats the goal but after the surge up to todays market price of over $37,000 I would say that
there are a good few people holding out now for "the Dip" because inevitably it will happen eventhough
the sentiment ATM is that it could rise further . . . abd keep going!

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
November 10, 2023, 11:03:02 AM

Activity: 392
Merit: 269
Fully Regulated Crypto Casino
November 10, 2023, 10:59:44 AM
In as much as every investors is entitled to his decision on investment shouldn't give them the mindset of believing that altcoins is good for investment, come to even think of it which investors will clearly see how good, potential and profitable Bitcoin is and they would ignore it to go for altcoins which there potentials are unknown.

Sometimes most of the failure on investment is as a result of bad investment decisions because in times investment only profits making should not be considered perhaps aside from profits the legibility and potential should also be considered because is better making a little profits but consistently than making a huge profits at a time and lose everything tomorrow.
One thing I always don't understand is why some investors invest in other coins instead of Bitcoin. Where other coins in the market are directly dependent on Bitcoin, it makes no sense to keep Bitcoin and invest in other coins.  
I have always put Bitcoin first in my long-term investment plan since the beginning.  

Perhaps most investors are looking for an easy way they could invest and be making money on a regular basis, so however seeing Altcoins as the only alternative of reaching to there goals, and most of the investors normally prefers altcoins because they uses a strategy of following some crypto influencials to know when they would give a call to purchase a particular altcoins so that they could buy and sell immediately, which is a very bad investment plan because an investor could easily be cut off by the market price and lose almost everything.

I don't know why most investors seem not to be bothered about the likely challenges and the risk of putting there money on altcoins because the earlier they realize themselves the better for them because on a daily basis that's how most altcoins investors are becoming victims, because I even had the experience when I started investment, so I was encouraged by a friend to invest on altcoin and did, so up till now i have not realized my capital and the altcoin has been dumped, so that's were I learnt my lesson so I can never invest my money on altcoin.
legendary
November 10, 2023, 10:52:41 AM
The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary.
It is quite exciting seeing some gains in the market but I think it is too early to conclude that we are in a bullish market. There still chances of this being a bull trap. A lot of theories have been postulated as to why the market is rising, some believe it is rumors of Bitcoin ETF approval while some believe it is as a result of Ordinals, that is NFTs on the Bitcoin Network. If the former is true and Bitcoin ETF did not see the light of day at least for now, the market might dropped drastically even though we don't know the extent to which the drop will be but surely the market will respond accordingly. This will confirm that we are really still far from being in a bull market as many things are still hanging in the balance. As we approach Q1 of 2024, a lot of things will become clear.

Nevertheless, the wise thing to do now is to continue to collect Bitcoin with whatever method you are using because the bull market will eventually come even though we are not certain when it will happen. In line with the topic of the thread, "Buy the DIP, and HODL"

I don't really like the idea of flip-flopping back and forth from we are in a bear market or we are in a bull market, and so sure, you may be correct Odohu that the bull market has not been confirmed yet, but I doubt that you are correct that we are not in a bull market.   Almost always there are corrections along the way, but that does not take us out of the bull market, unless maybe we go back to test the bottom such as $15,479 or maybe even getting below $20k or something like that.

Sure, you are free to talk about these markets as if they are flip flopping, but I doubt it brings vary much clarity to frame them in that kind of way. 

So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978, it does seem to appear that we could have some pretty severe corrections from here that could even go back down to the local low and maybe even lower, but surely a decent amount of space has been created between the two, and perhaps it will be difficult to get back down to that September low of $24,920, and maybe getting back below $30k might also be difficult, even though we surely are not very far away from $30k.. but even having had said all of that, sometimes in bitcoin's historical price performance, it does not go back to those previous prices, so if we end up getting more UP before down, then it could contribute to some difficulties in getting back to those kinds of lower prices such as either below $30k or below or touching upon the 200-week moving average which currently is at $28,622.

Yes, we know that the BTC price can go either way, and the BTC price is especially vulnerable to a deep correction when it has gone up quite a bit in a short period of time, but I doubt that means that we would be flip flopping from bear to bull and then back to bear.. when maybe we might be getting caught into semantics a bit in terms of trying to describe where we are at and what is the current trend.
Activity: 518
Merit: 509
November 10, 2023, 10:10:07 AM
The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary.
It is quite exciting seeing some gains in the market but I think it is too early to conclude that we are in a bullish market. There still chances of this being a bull trap. A lot of theories have been postulated as to why the market is rising, some believe it is rumors of Bitcoin ETF approval while some believe it is as a result of Ordinals, that is NFTs on the Bitcoin Network. If the former is true and Bitcoin ETF did not see the light of day at least for now, the market might dropped drastically even though we don't know the extent to which the drop will be but surely the market will respond accordingly. This will confirm that we are really still far from being in a bull market as many things are still hanging in the balance. As we approach Q1 of 2024, a lot of things will become clear.

Nevertheless, the wise thing to do now is to continue to collect Bitcoin with whatever method you are using because the bull market will eventually come even though we are not certain when it will happen. In line with the topic of the thread, "Buy the DIP, and HODL"
legendary
November 10, 2023, 09:35:09 AM
It is natural that not all investors will hold their investments up front but it is also true that not all investors will sell their investments up front. The market is in a good condition now and in such a condition some investors will sell their investments because they have noticed bad market conditions in the past and they may not be brave enough to hold on to their investments. You can be sure that those who are not brave enough to hold on to their investments now and those who sell their investments now will regret selling their investments at some point. I have a lot of faith in the Bitcoin market and that faith gives me so much courage. 

To be honest, if the Bitcoin market goes down a lot now, I won't think for a second why I didn't sell my investment because I'm used to it. Since I have developed a confidence in holding my investment deeply and since I am not very excited about market changes, I am sure and confident in myself that I can hold 100% of the investment even in the current market conditions.

The Bitcoin market moved around $38K today but from there the market has rebounded to around $36.5K. The market has changed so much in such a short period of time that many may have started thinking that they should have sold their investments at that time. People with such ideas will be more worry free when selling their investments. I think people who overthink their investments should sell their investments because overthinking is harmful to one's health. I will sell my investments at market highs and wait as long as I have to.
I think you are comparing two performances carried out by investors where they exercise options for the short term and for the long term and make repurchases when they make the decision to sell some of their holdings. This is of course a part of investment that may be implemented by large investors where they play scenarios at two levels for the short term and the long term. But for beginners like us, of course, with relatively small capital, it is better for us to choose the long-term option and accumulate Bitcoin gradually.

I think we need to maintain a balance in our investments, I mean if we have the intention to buy regularly then make a special note for each purchasing period so that we don't miss it. Because balance in making purchases will make the planning we do run successfully until the target we want is achieved.
I don't believe that you need to have a lot of money to keep your investment for a long time. I believe that financial support is not a big thing, but the big thing is the mentality of keeping your investment for a long time. If there was a certain amount of money mentioned in terms of making your own investment and keeping that investment for a long time, then I would have given importance to having more financial support, but since there is no fixed level in the case of investment, any investor can keep his investment for a long time. 

You have made a right point here that an easy thing for investors like us is to gradually increase the investment amount as per our financial condition after starting investment, I think it is a very good idea. If we can increase our investment amount every week or every month and continue this growth trend then in the long run our investment amount will be seen much higher.

I see two positive aspects in holding investments in long-term plans every week or every month, one is that an investor continues his investment trend and also an investor can control spending his extra money every week or every month.

I think from my side I can say if man has intention he can definitely invest and he can definitely keep his investment for long time. Deeply holding your investments requires only a mindset of holding. One who has the mindset to hold his investment for a long time will surely hold his investment deeply.

With bitcoin knowledge and action have the potential to contribute towards the advancement of many poor people, and surely any poor people can figure out ways to make sure that they have disposable income by either increasing their income and/or cutting their expenses, then surely the first 4-10 years might be somewhat painful because they might start out by only being able to invest $10 per week, but maybe they figure out ways to increase that investment amount to $100 per week or perhaps more.. and even if they are not able to increase their ongoing investment amount by very much, if they figure out ways to be persistent, consistent and prudent with their bitcoin approach, they may well start to perceive concrete advantages that they have built from their actively involving themselves in bitcoin investing.. and of course, it is not guaranteed, and of course, they may well need to learn a variety of ways of protecting their bitcoin investment along the way, such as getting some kinds of private wallets and learning how to use them and how to protect their bitcoin.

The rich person could well be have greater opportunities because s/he has potential for greater disposable income, but the richer person still has to recognize bitcoin as a place to consistently put his/her value in order to be advantaged by it, and some times rich people are too blinded by their own situations to see the value of bitcoin or to see value outside of fiat systems... so the mere fact that they are richer does not necessarily automatically give them long term advantages if they fail/refuse  to recognize bitcoin as a place to put value and to actually act responsibly in regards to that knowledge by consistently, persistently and prudently accumulating bitcoin.

But as a knowledgeable investor who may have had long-term experience in the market,  it will be a wise DCA approach to accumulate more bitcoin only when the price is at the discounted level and to avoid DCA when the price is high because a high price should be best used for cashing out profits, and not to open any buy position.
The question is how do you know when the price is low? Ok... Maybe a certain price below the last ATH right? But any price below the last ATH is certainly experiencing a dip so any point in time is good for buying.
Still from what you said, talking about the discounted level when do  you predict Bitcoin will experience a dip for you to enter the market. I should believe doing the DCA is good and better because their is every conviction that you must make profits from every funds you invest in Bitcoin , ones your initiative is for the long term and buying very bountiful when you see the Dip.

It seems to me that sure it is better to buy the dip when possible, but if you don't have any bitcoin or ONLY a small amount of bitcoin, you may well end up buying BTC at times in which the BTC price is going up and there still are decisions whether to buy or to wait, because sometimes when the BTC price ends up going up it might not dip back to previous prices, even if it is in the process of making new ATHs.  Is this time different?   We cannot be sure.  Here are some examples:

1) The early 2013 ATH of $263 did end up getting surpassed in around September 2013, and then when BTC prices dipped in 2014, did end up getting breached again in late 2014 and even stayed around and below it through quite a bit of 2015, but after October 2015, sub $300 BTC prices were never experienced again.

2) The late 2013 ATH of $1,163 did end up getting surpassed in around December 2016, and then did end up getting breached again in early 2016, but after March 2017 sub $3,000 BTC prices were never experienced again.

3) The late 2017 ATH of $19,666 did end up getting surpassed in around December 2020, and then did end up getting breached again in June 2022, and so far after January 2023, the $19,666 has not been materially breached even though it was very shortly touched upon in March 2023.   It does seem pretty doubtful that $19,666 will be breached again, but surely not guaranteed.

4) We will have to see about our current ATH of $69k.  Will have to see when (and if) it is surpassed and then if it is going to be breached again and if so for how long, yet at the same time, we should question any tactic that expects that the BTC price has to drop back below the previous ATH after the previous ATH ends up getting surpassed again.. Maybe my examples are contributing to a potential change in my considerations regarding how likely BTC prices might end up dipping back down to (or below) $69k once (and if) it gets surpassed.  I surely don't like the idea of waiting because we cannot necessarily know where the BTC price is going to go, yet maybe at some point in the future, it might become more advisable and prudent to wait rather than buy - once the BTC price surpasses certain UPpity levels including when (and if) it starts making new ATHs.
Activity: 266
Merit: 181
November 10, 2023, 08:57:07 AM
But I am currently more interested in investing in Bitcoin because I made a good profit in a short period of time investing in Bitcoin which I have done the most important work of my life.
The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary. I think you are planning to hold your investment for short term rather than long term. An investor who invests in a long-term plan does not care much about small changes in the market because his plan is to deeply hold his investment. 

If you were asked to find the difference between a long drive and a short drive, you would surely be able to find the difference between a long drive and a short drive. When we go for a long drive, our car or bike takes more fuel, we have to wait longer and we have to go through more challenges in the long drive than in the short drive. More fuel, longer wait after all these but we can reach our desired destination. But this is not the case with short drives, short drives have limited destinations and not much fun. 

Investments are like long drives and short drives. Just as investing for the long drive gives us a different kind of peace of mind, holding our investments for a longer period of time also gives us a lot of upside from our investments. We should hold the investment deeply even if it is to get something good from the investment.
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
November 10, 2023, 07:12:19 AM
choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.

Bullshit mate. You cannot really know anything about altcoins they are more unpredictable compared to Bitcoin. It will be a total waste of your time, trying to studying more about a coin that will not yield you any profit. If you want to study or know more about Bitcoin, it will be a much better choice for you. At least you have this certainty that you are investing your money and time in something that will yield you profit on the long run.

Many investors still prefer alts instead of Bitcoin because of the possibility to gain huge in a short period (especially if you invest on the current hype like meme coins) that's what they thought. But not realizing that investing solely to Bitcoin is way safer and less risky. It might take time to gain but at least it's much wiser compared to investing in altcoins.
Therefore, buy Bitcoin and keep holding because it's the best choice.
Investors who struggle to make wise decisions often experience frequent losses. I recall a specific instance when Dogecoin reached its alltime high due to influential figures like Elon Musk and some large investors. Many people bought in, expecting higher profits. However, today, Dogecoin's value is less than a dollar. Those who hastily invested are likely regretting it, holding onto coins with little to no value. If they had chosen to invest wisely in Bitcoin at that time, their profits would likely be much higher now. It's important for all of us to make wise decisions when it comes to investing.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
November 10, 2023, 05:59:17 AM
But as a knowledgeable investor who may have had long-term experience in the market,  it will be a wise DCA approach to accumulate more bitcoin only when the price is at the discounted level and to avoid DCA when the price is high because a high price should be best used for cashing out profits, and not to open any buy position.
The question is how do you know when the price is low? Ok... Maybe a certain price below the last ATH right? But any price below the last ATH is certainly experiencing a dip so any point in time is good for buying.
Still from what you said, talking about the discounted level when do  you predict Bitcoin will experience a dip for you to enter the market. I should believe doing the DCA is good and better because their is every conviction that you must make profits from every funds you invest in Bitcoin , ones your initiative is for the long term and buying very bountiful when you see the Dip.
Activity: 364
Merit: 308
November 10, 2023, 05:28:13 AM
If we invest in crypto of course we will choose Bitcoin as the investment we choose because it is very leveraged that we can get profits from Bitcoin if we can collect it with the strategy we choose, choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.
Many investors still prefer alts instead of Bitcoin because of the possibility to gain huge in a short period (especially if you invest on the current hype like meme coins) that's what they thought. But not realizing that investing solely to Bitcoin is way safer and less risky. It might take time to gain but at least it's much wiser compared to investing in altcoins.

Investing in Bitcoin is much safer and less risky than alt coins.The topic of Bitcoin is not relatively new. Because of this, Bitcoin is often considered an emergency investment.

In my opinion, investing in Bitcoin now has the potential to yield huge returns in the near future. Needless to say, there is a lot of profit potential in a short period of time. But you need to have the ability to wait in time.
So I say to those who want to invest in altcoins, don't just focus on altcoins, it's better to invest in bitcoins when the bitcoin pump starts, because in this case, the profit is more. And investing in Bitcoin is already very safe because no matter how much Bitcoin gets dumped, it recovers very quickly. And now Bitcoin is in a long dump from ATH so now is the time for Bitcoin to pump again. So I think investing in Bitcoin now can be very profitable in the future.

A long time ago I started my first investment and I have been able to hold my investment till now. The amount of investment that I started with in the beginning has increased today and my investment amount will increase more in the coming days which means that I can definitely hold my investment for a long time.
You are right in your place I think people investing in alt coins instead of Bitcoin are fooling themselves.Speaking as an investor I have invested in many alt coins before with no success.
But currently I am investing in altcoins in small amount that is on ENG token that's why its market value is almost bullish now.But I am currently more interested in investing in Bitcoin because I made a good profit in a short period of time investing in Bitcoin which I have done the most important work of my life.
People who are interested or want to invest should not only invest in alt coins but also invest in Bitcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 294
November 10, 2023, 04:49:04 AM
In as much as every investors is entitled to his decision on investment shouldn't give them the mindset of believing that altcoins is good for investment, come to even think of it which investors will clearly see how good, potential and profitable Bitcoin is and they would ignore it to go for altcoins which there potentials are unknown.

Sometimes most of the failure on investment is as a result of bad investment decisions because in times investment only profits making should not be considered perhaps aside from profits the legibility and potential should also be considered because is better making a little profits but consistently than making a huge profits at a time and lose everything tomorrow.
If we expect good things by investing in the wrong places, it will be like cleaning a mirror with dirt on our face. Investing in the wrong place means making a mistake in the beginning, and how can those who make such mistakes in the beginning expect anything good from the investment.  

ALT coin is never a perfect coin to invest and I think it would be a wrong decision for an investor if he decides to hold the investment in such coin for a long time. If an investor is planning to invest and if his plan is long term then he should accept Bitcoin for investment without thinking anything. Bitcoin offers an investor as much financial security as any other coin in the market, but not as much. Holding the investment is the next thing but the first and foremost thing for an investor is to invest in the right coin.  

One thing I always don't understand is why some investors invest in other coins instead of Bitcoin. Where other coins in the market are directly dependent on Bitcoin, it makes no sense to keep Bitcoin and invest in other coins.  
I have always put Bitcoin first in my long-term investment plan since the beginning.  

A long time ago I started my first investment and I have been able to hold my investment till now. The amount of investment that I started with in the beginning has increased today and my investment amount will increase more in the coming days which means that I can definitely hold my investment for a long time.

Many investors still prefer alts instead of Bitcoin because of the possibility to gain huge in a short period (especially if you invest on the current hype like meme coins) that's what they thought.
Those who invest in ALT coins to get rich in a short period of time should remember to never be in a hurry to change their position. Maybe he will invest in ALT coins to get rich for a short time but if he never gets any return on his money then he will become a poorer person instead of a rich person.
Activity: 392
Merit: 269
Fully Regulated Crypto Casino
November 10, 2023, 03:56:15 AM

Activity: 1330
Merit: 370
November 10, 2023, 12:57:17 AM
It is natural that not all investors will hold their investments up front but it is also true that not all investors will sell their investments up front. The market is in a good condition now and in such a condition some investors will sell their investments because they have noticed bad market conditions in the past and they may not be brave enough to hold on to their investments. You can be sure that those who are not brave enough to hold on to their investments now and those who sell their investments now will regret selling their investments at some point. I have a lot of faith in the Bitcoin market and that faith gives me so much courage. 

To be honest, if the Bitcoin market goes down a lot now, I won't think for a second why I didn't sell my investment because I'm used to it. Since I have developed a confidence in holding my investment deeply and since I am not very excited about market changes, I am sure and confident in myself that I can hold 100% of the investment even in the current market conditions.

The Bitcoin market moved around $38K today but from there the market has rebounded to around $36.5K. The market has changed so much in such a short period of time that many may have started thinking that they should have sold their investments at that time. People with such ideas will be more worry free when selling their investments. I think people who overthink their investments should sell their investments because overthinking is harmful to one's health. I will sell my investments at market highs and wait as long as I have to.
I think you are comparing two performances carried out by investors where they exercise options for the short term and for the long term and make repurchases when they make the decision to sell some of their holdings. This is of course a part of investment that may be implemented by large investors where they play scenarios at two levels for the short term and the long term. But for beginners like us, of course, with relatively small capital, it is better for us to choose the long-term option and accumulate Bitcoin gradually.

I think we need to maintain a balance in our investments, I mean if we have the intention to buy regularly then make a special note for each purchasing period so that we don't miss it. Because balance in making purchases will make the planning we do run successfully until the target we want is achieved.
I don't believe that you need to have a lot of money to keep your investment for a long time. I believe that financial support is not a big thing, but the big thing is the mentality of keeping your investment for a long time. If there was a certain amount of money mentioned in terms of making your own investment and keeping that investment for a long time, then I would have given importance to having more financial support, but since there is no fixed level in the case of investment, any investor can keep his investment for a long time. 

You have made a right point here that an easy thing for investors like us is to gradually increase the investment amount as per our financial condition after starting investment, I think it is a very good idea. If we can increase our investment amount every week or every month and continue this growth trend then in the long run our investment amount will be seen much higher.

I see two positive aspects in holding investments in long-term plans every week or every month, one is that an investor continues his investment trend and also an investor can control spending his extra money every week or every month.

I think from my side I can say if man has intention he can definitely invest and he can definitely keep his investment for long time. Deeply holding your investments requires only a mindset of holding. One who has the mindset to hold his investment for a long time will surely hold his investment deeply.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
November 10, 2023, 12:37:50 AM
If we invest in crypto of course we will choose Bitcoin as the investment we choose because it is very leveraged that we can get profits from Bitcoin if we can collect it with the strategy we choose, choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.

Activity: 812
Merit: 252
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
November 10, 2023, 12:22:58 AM

Everyone can invest using Bitcoin to be able to get a profit from the investment they make and also if we choose to buy it in stages it would be better for us to use the method as you said. We can make a note when we make a purchase and buy it regularly of course. we will achieve the targets we want from the investments we make.

I know that what gives you the courage and confidence not to worry about your crypto investment is that you invested in bitcoin, not an altcoin. If you have invested in altcoin, you will know that altcoin investments are not good to be held for so long in bad market conditions without making haste to sell them off asap because of loss of profits.
Yes you are right, if we invest in crypto of course we will choose Bitcoin as the investment we choose because it is very leveraged that we can get profits from Bitcoin if we can collect it with the strategy we choose, choosing altcoins to invest of course we have to really know well about the altcoin that we choose because it is very difficult to make a profit.
legendary
November 09, 2023, 09:35:56 PM
You are correct because there are no reasons to wait for the dip because a lot of weeks or months might pass and Bitcoin might not dip and one can use the money he/she was planning to buy the dip when it dipped to do something else. Most times when Bitcoin dips, those that are waiting for the dip might not even have the money to buy it anymore, rather than waiting till they have the money, but nevertheless, the dip will not wait for such a person, because Bitcoin has a destination that it is heading to, so the best strategy is DCA and not waiting for the dip.
To those of us who say we are waiting for opportunities to invest, I want to say that we are missing opportunities every moment. We take it one day at a time and miss one opportunity at a time. We will actually think that this is the best time to invest at what point is the price of Bitcoin? Those who wait for time and don't invest may not know themselves which is the best time to invest. I'm sure those who are biding their time are waiting for the bitcoin market to reach $30k ie they will invest when the bitcoin price reaches $30k. They only think that they will invest 30000 dollars, but when the market comes to 30000 dollars, they will wait for it to come down a little more. If the market goes down again, they will come down a little more, so they can't invest. 

We have seen the Bitcoin market hovering at $35,000 for a few days, but those who were planning to buy dips would have seen something positive at the beginning of their investment if they had invested in Bitcoin when it was at $35,000.

Perhaps the market is now at 38 thousand dollars, those who are new investors and plan to hold for a long time will not be impatient, you can invest from 38 thousand dollars if you want. Two to three thousand dollars isn't much of a difference to the amount of profit you're likely to make on your investment if you invest now and hold it for a long time. Invest now and try to hold onto that investment deeply. Overcoming hundreds of hurdles, when you keep this investment for a long time, you will not regret but will be much more excited about your investment.

It is a bit crazy and ridiculous that you are talking in terms of buying a whole bitcoin, when the overwhelming majority of the world's population and those who are able to get into bitcoin are not going to be able to buy a whole bitcoin at one time, and so you are talking about real minority (and even elite kinds of scenarios), and even people who might decide to invest $10k in bitcoin might well not do it in one lump sum.. but instead spread the buys out over a week or two. 

Yeah, there are some folks who have that amount of capital, or even 100s of thousands of dollars in their investment portfolio, and they may well be willing to allocate the quantity of a whole bitcoin at once, but still seems like a pretty small minority of people and likely NOT the kinds of people coming to this thread as newbie bitcoiners...

Sure you have some decent points, but you are still framing the whole hypothetical in kind of dumb-ass ways. .including a kind of presumption that there is a necessity of getting a whole coin or a whole coin at once.  Yeah, some people are dumb like that (and maybe quite a few people who do not know about bitcoin are thinking in those kinds of terms) , but there is no need to be enforcing those kinds of dumb ideas, even if a lot of people think about them and even don't really realize the power of the satoshi... which likely just means ongoingly cheaper sats for those of us who better understand ideas of divisibility.

I think that it is difficult to proclaim what people should do merely based on expectations of BTC price performance, especially if they had been in bitcoin for a longer period of time, then they may well have already set up some practices and/or parameters for selling their BTC, so largely both of us are attempting to respond to a longer-term scenario where kingvirtus09 had presented a somewhat vague scenario in which s/he seemed to be suggesting that a longer term BTC holder might have had sold many or most of his/her BTC during various past BTC price upswings, and I was merely off-setting such proclamation in a way to suggest that there could be scenarios that a longer term BTC holder might just be selling BTC at any price and at various points of BTC price appreciation with ONLY small attention to the extent to whether we might be in a bull market or a bear market, but at the same time, personally, I am with the idea of selling on the way up rather than either selling on the way down or even overly selling BTC with expectations of abilities to be able to buy back.

If you have a system in place that both provides you comfort but also that you have various plans for a variety of scenarios, then surely you are likely to be more prepared when those scenarios play out and even sometimes more prepared when the BTC price might go beyond some of your anticipated scenarios. which does happen from time to time, and so we likely do not need to necessarily agree upon the various ways to structure the plan in order to recognize and appreciate the various problematic natures to attempt to play the shorter waves which is selling on the way up and expecting to be able to buy back.  Surely, I am not personally against the idea of selling on the way up, but I think that it is quite problematic if any of us are selling on the way up and expecting to be able to buy back.. that just does not seem like a good mindset and/or a good framework, even though many normies do get sucked into trying to play the market in those kinds of directions and likely an overwhelming majority of the ones playing those kinds fo games would have had been much better off to just focus upon various ongoing buying techniques and/or buying on the way down techniques..

but at the same time, any of us might be able to recognize and appreciate that some people might have goals in which they do want to cash out some BTC at various points in time, and hopefully they do not end up having regrets in terms of selling too much too soon.. which surely does end up happening quite frequently in bitcoin's history, and really there is no reason to speculate that these kind of tendencies to sell too much too soon are not going to continue to take place.
Jump to: