Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 456. (Read 108155 times)

copper member
Activity: 1316
Merit: 715
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 18, 2023, 01:57:52 AM

Whether you buy the dip, or you DCA.. or you HODL ... or you do some variation of that, if your investment timeline is 4-10 years or longer, you are likely coming across more cash during that time and you are likely witnessing a decent amount of BTC price volatility along the way.. so yeah, if you are able to figure out when and where the dips are, then you are likely going to be better off by being able to time the buying of BTC during the various dips.. yet it seems to me that figuring out the dips and getting it right is not an easy task, so any of us who are in bitcoin for a decent amount of time and are continuing to add to our position with the passage of time, we are likely going to realize that sometimes we are just throwing up our hands and just sucking it up.. and buying at whatever price because we are having difficulties figuring out whether the BTC price is going to dip more and also we might well be able to see that we are accumulating cash with the passage of time and we would rather store some of that cash in bitcoin rather than continuing to hold it in cash and waiting for a dip that may or may not come.

Your insights about difficulties of timing the market and accurately predicting the dips in Bitcoin price are accurate. It is true that investing in Bitcoin is a long term game to make your investment profitable. It is also important to have a well thought out plan that aligns with your investment goals and risk tolerance. Dollar cost average (DCA) is a popular strategy to mitigate the impact of market volatility but we should keep in mind  that no investment strategy is entirely fool proof and there are always risk involved with investment.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
March 17, 2023, 01:03:14 PM
Bitcoin is surging, and it has gone over $26,000. But I'm not yet that convinced that we're starting a new bull cycle. Is it time to buy EVERY DIP? Yes. Has Bitcoin reached the bottom during November? Most probably. But because of the Macro-Economic situation around the world with inflation also surging, I believe the Central Banks might start being more aggressive to control it = more tightening. Because if the Central Banks cannot control it, inflation itself will cause a recession, and that will definitely not be good for everyone.

You are a bit ambiguous both in terms of your prognostication regarding what might happen and also lack of specificity regarding what constitutes a "dip" worth buying.

#justsaying for a friend.

Bitcoin is surging, and it has gone over $26,000. But I'm not yet that convinced that we're starting a new bull cycle. Is it time to buy EVERY DIP? Yes. Has Bitcoin reached the bottom during November? Most probably. But because of the Macro-Economic situation around the world with inflation also surging, I believe the Central Banks might start being more aggressive to control it = more tightening. Because if the Central Banks cannot control it, inflation itself will cause a recession, and that will definitely not be good for everyone.
The bankruptcy of the SVB bank because the Fed was too harsh in raising its interest rates so that it was not only the bitcoin market that was affected but caused a threat to banks that do have a little liquidity and I think that will be a consideration not to apply aggressiveness to interest rates.
Buying every dip at the current state is a pretty good thing in my opinion, because we are not yet in the bullrun phase, because if the bullrun phase has started I think it will be very difficult to find a decline like a few days ago which caused bitcoin to turn to $ 19k, and I think it's very difficult to wait for it to happen again, most likely we will make a new dip at the current resistance price.

You are also failing/refusing to specify what you consider to be dip that would be sufficient for buying.. even though you seem to be giving some specificity when you suggest that going down to $19k is less likely than it had been.. but yeah, sure.. I am never really assured that current momentum is anything beyond temporary.. and it is really difficult to assess whether momentum has gained enough traction to give much if any confidence for UP rather than down.. in the short term, even if there does seem to be some momentum of UP.. that may well be short-lived.

By the way, I had been thinking that some of the most recent actions of various US Govt agencies (cannot always tell who is causing the outcomes) seems to have had dried up some liquidity channels that had been available 24/7, so I am not sure if that is going to cause greater difficulties to move fiat during off-hour times (such as weekends), which could cause DOWNity price pressures on the weekends if some of the players cannot move fiat around as easily... yet it could just cause more fleeing to USDT or maybe some other coins that seem to be less subjected (at least for now) towards US Banking authorities attempts at cracking down on USD-related channels... so yeah, for BTC prices to pump at any time, there is either a need for dollars to be held on exchanges or various third party channels.. or there is a need for the dollars to be able to be moved fairly rapidly (even during non-banking hours) from banks to various BTC exchanges... it will be interesting to see how the liquidity of the various channels might be affected by aspects of what seems to be "operation choke point"... even though I give few if any shits about shitcoins that might end up being used for these kinds of movement of value purposes... and will those dry up too? or get choked somewhat?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
March 17, 2023, 09:46:49 AM
The bankruptcy of the SVB bank because the Fed was too harsh in raising its interest rates so that it was not only the bitcoin market that was affected but caused a threat to banks that do have a little liquidity and I think that will be a consideration not to apply aggressiveness to interest rates.
Buying every dip at the current state is a pretty good thing in my opinion, because we are not yet in the bullrun phase, because if the bullrun phase has started I think it will be very difficult to find a decline like a few days ago which caused bitcoin to turn to $ 19k, and I think it's very difficult to wait for it to happen again, most likely we will make a new dip at the current resistance price.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
March 17, 2023, 09:23:45 AM
March 16, 2023, 10:46:38 PM
The market repeats its cycle but many times painful situations are created in the market to shake out the panic sellers. And that situation is seen after the last bull market, this bear market has bankrupted many big companies.

In investing, one has to be aware of the market conditions, otherwise the expected results are not seen later. Therefore, in order to invest, it is important for an investor to look at the market conditions as well as the future potential of the market.
I think we need to look at the news that is circulating and relate it with a little analysis and that will bring together a point when we have to get out and when we have to get in. Panic always occurs due to unclear issues circulating on social. As the op said where to buy and hold, I think this option is not concerned with anything else maybe an analysis in our minds, because if we implement a gradual purchase or JJG call it DCA it doesn't matter whether the price is low or high because every week/month we have to do it every rounds and it depends on the period you make for each round.
snip
In and out of the market because of panic is because people are not long term investing oriented, paying attention to the news sentiment is good enough to be an entry indication to continue the weekly or monthly DCA, but if you have plenty of time to pay attention to it.
I really understand how panic comes when there is a decline and that is a natural thing for investors especially those who put their money in at once, now to overcome that is true, DCA is the best way to get rid of panic, because when an extreme decline occurs you can buy bitcoin at that time because the rest of your money to invest is still there, the orientation of the long-term mindset is also like that, don't care about the previous price and experience a decline because we can buy again when the decline occurs, and the sure thing is to hold bitcoin in the long term bitcoin price the previous high you bought will definitely be picked up again in the bullrun later, so the current panic due to FUD and decline is nothing in the future, because I believe that bitcoin will repeat the same cycle and the lowest price and highest price are always increases in each cycle.
legendary
March 16, 2023, 09:27:11 PM
I agree with you 100%, for a new comer it is like mission impossible. They need to figure out the amount to invest? what to invest in and for how long to invest for? and then they need to asses the risk as well. And once it all gets sorted than there comes all the expectations that they will make it BIG in the market.
So the wholesome idea is to plan your strategy, implement it and than brace yourself for the worst outcome. This way the expectations stay low and you avoid making hasty decisions.
The best method for newcomers who are interested to invest in crypto industrybitcoin, is to utilizing Dollar cost average (DCA) for gradually accumulate Bitcoin and holding onto it for long term can be the most effective approach to maximizing profit . Day to day trading in Bitcoin is generally considered very risky, as Bitcoin is very volatile and highly unpredictable asset by its nature, unless you posses good technical skills to analyze charts to take informed entry and exit decisions. Additionally, to maintain good emotional control & employ risk/money management techniques is essential for successful trading.

FTFY.. Fuck shitcoins.

[edited out]
Yes, There are many ways that this can be done as you mentioned it is also true there is a market correction which is definitely always an option for the savvy as the cryptocurrency market can be very volatile with significant risks.

Why are you talking about shitcoins?

We are talking about bitcoin here.

Are you able to use the word.. "bitcoin"

Repeat after me:

"b.... i..... .t.......................c.........o.....i.........n"

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Buy DIP, and HODL! for me is the classic term most used and suggested. Although buying dips and holding on to the asset for the long term can be a viable strategy for some investors. My view is simple, it is important to always see where the market is going and I am sure that anyone can become a winner with a record of being able to control their emotions because trading is a psychological game that stimulates one's emotions. adrenaline of trading.

Whether you buy the dip, or you DCA.. or you HODL ... or you do some variation of that, if your investment timeline is 4-10 years or longer, you are likely coming across more cash during that time and you are likely witnessing a decent amount of BTC price volatility along the way.. so yeah, if you are able to figure out when and where the dips are, then you are likely going to be better off by being able to time the buying of BTC during the various dips.. yet it seems to me that figuring out the dips and getting it right is not an easy task, so any of us who are in bitcoin for a decent amount of time and are continuing to add to our position with the passage of time, we are likely going to realize that sometimes we are just throwing up our hands and just sucking it up.. and buying at whatever price because we are having difficulties figuring out whether the BTC price is going to dip more and also we might well be able to see that we are accumulating cash with the passage of time and we would rather store some of that cash in bitcoin rather than continuing to hold it in cash and waiting for a dip that may or may not come.
Activity: 742
Merit: 157
March 16, 2023, 08:17:09 AM

I agree with you 100%, for a new comer it is like mission impossible. They need to figure out the amount to invest? what to invest in and for how long to invest for? and then they need to asses the risk as well. And once it all gets sorted than there comes all the expectations that they will make it BIG in the market.
So the wholesome idea is to plan your strategy, implement it and than brace yourself for the worst outcome. This way the expectations stay low and you avoid making hasty decisions.

The best method for newcomers who are interested to invest in crypto industry, is to utilizing Dollar cost average (DCA) for gradually accumulate Bitcoin and holding onto it for long term can be the most effective approach to maximizing profit . Day to day trading in Bitcoin is generally considered very risky, as Bitcoin is very volatile and highly unpredictable asset by its nature, unless you posses good technical skills to analyze charts to take informed entry and exit decisions. Additionally, to maintain good emotional control & employ risk/money management techniques is essential for successful trading.
Buy DIP, and HODL! for me is the classic term most used and suggested. Although buying dips and holding on to the asset for the long term can be a viable strategy for some investors. My view is simple, it is important to always see where the market is going and I am sure that anyone can become a winner with a record of being able to control their emotions because trading is a psychological game that stimulates one's emotions. adrenaline of trading.

Buy from the dip and hold these words contains a green signal. But some never find this word dip in their investment and some also find dips in a bullish trend. Emotions play a big role. Not everyone can buy from the dip. Currently the market is $24k but it is still dip for me and that's why I try to hold slowly as much as possible and some investors may think $30k will be also dip according to it's bullishness.
Activity: 492
Merit: 48
March 16, 2023, 07:19:45 AM

The best method for newcomers who are interested to invest in crypto industry, is to utilizing Dollar cost average (DCA) for gradually accumulate Bitcoin and holding onto it for long term can be the most effective approach to maximizing profit . Day to day trading in Bitcoin is generally considered very risky, as Bitcoin is very volatile and highly unpredictable asset by its nature, unless you posses good technical skills to analyze charts to take informed entry and exit decisions. Additionally, to maintain good emotional control & employ risk/money management techniques is essential for successful trading.

Yes, There are many ways that this can be done as you mentioned it is also true there is a market correction which is definitely always an option for the savvy as the cryptocurrency market can be very volatile with significant risks.

copper member
March 15, 2023, 09:20:02 PM

Activity: 1358
Merit: 627
March 15, 2023, 04:46:56 PM
The market repeats its cycle but many times painful situations are created in the market to shake out the panic sellers. And that situation is seen after the last bull market, this bear market has bankrupted many big companies.

In investing, one has to be aware of the market conditions, otherwise the expected results are not seen later. Therefore, in order to invest, it is important for an investor to look at the market conditions as well as the future potential of the market.
I think we need to look at the news that is circulating and relate it with a little analysis and that will bring together a point when we have to get out and when we have to get in. Panic always occurs due to unclear issues circulating on social. As the op said where to buy and hold, I think this option is not concerned with anything else maybe an analysis in our minds, because if we implement a gradual purchase or JJG call it DCA it doesn't matter whether the price is low or high because every week/month we have to do it every rounds and it depends on the period you make for each round.

Well yesterday I saw btc go up 17% that was a pretty strong spike that was able to make up for the strongest resistance point at $25k but today there was a slight decline which I would say is a normal thing that shouldn't panic.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
March 15, 2023, 04:40:24 PM
We have seen that a few years ago, lots of crypto companies or others have influenced the price of bitcoin so that it plunged more than what we imagined at every moment and even reached the lowest price. regret when we listen to FUD that bitcoin will die when it crashes like last year when ftx crashed many people ran from the market because of that incident. the thing that makes me proud even though the amount of bitcoins I bought was not that much but buying in the $15k area is always medicine when there is a decline at a higher price.
I don't feel hopeless even though lately bitcoin has fallen quite extreme, even though last month's DCA I was at $24k but it doesn't make me panic because I still have the bitcoin that I bought at $15k and I plan to keep the bitcoin, and to become history the luckiest in my life.
well you can be said to be lucky if you can buy bitcoin when it falls to 15k $ but here the possibility of bitcoin falling even deeper is still happening, but if you intend to keep it for the long term as you said, you don't need to worry anymore, stay calm.
BTC did fall on that level last time but I won't say those people who availed it are lucky. They are just patient by some extra percent to be able to wait for that price and maybe they have the courage because others don't believe that the price will continue to $15k as the dumped that happen is already massive.

As of now, I don't see that deep fall you are talking about but what I can see right now is a recovery though I am still aware that we are at $23k last time and then we fell down to $20k but it wasn't deep enough IMO. Hodling for the long term is still the best policy here in crypto and solves all the issues that we are facing such as the dips and the crashes.
Activity: 20
Merit: 4
March 15, 2023, 04:28:52 PM

Another thing could be that a person is new to investing and they are trying to figure out what to invest in, and they can have all kinds of ideas about how to ease into an investment or to build up such investment over time, and historically, some people might invest 30-40 years, and never make it to fuck you status... but then when there is bitcoin  (and even crypto/shitcoins) there could be some expectations that they might be able to get to fuck you status more quickly.. and I am not even suggesting that getting to fuck you status might not be accelerated, even if many of us likely recognize and appreciate that there are a variety of ways that investors could screw up.. whether they are new investors or even more experienced investors who might start to employ higher levels of risk after some point that they might have had already built up their investment portfolio and maybe they become more adventurous and screw things up along the way?.. hahahahaha..  part of the attempted advantage of discussing matters in this thread might help for members to consider better (or at least different) strategies in regards to how to they might consider investing in bitcoin and/or accumulating it or maintaining their BTC stash.

Activity: 1806
Merit: 720
Top Crypto Casino
March 15, 2023, 02:06:25 PM

When the market creates an opportunity, one can use that opportunity to prepare for long-term investment. If you look at the history of Bitcoin, you can see that after every bull cycle it touches the previous ATH. But this time the situation turned very bad, the market went down more than the previous ATH. So it was a good chance, those who took this chance in preparation for long term investment are already in profit.

In deed it is a good idea to take advantage of lower prices of Bitcoin when market creates a buying opportunity to book significant potential profit in future, but it is also important to remember that past performance doesn't guarantee future performance. Although Bitcoin has never dropped below its previous ATH but this time it happened which vindicates that history is not necessarily repeated every time and solely relying on technical analysis based on historical data may not be always reliable. It is crucial to also consider fundamental factors that can significantly influence the market behavior.

Activity: 910
Merit: 677
March 15, 2023, 01:00:42 PM
Yes Lump sum would be fine for Hodl in the long run and I'm not denying it, but the mental attack from panicking because I've put money into bitcoin at one time, might make me sleep and eat uneasy if the market goes down. worse than the purchase price, therefore I prefer DCA as an alternative to buying Bitcoin besides that we have the opportunity to get DIP prices when using the DCA strategy.
Bitcoin seems to have a good relationship with the term "hold". Some people hold long-term and some hold short-term. Last couple of days when btc decreasing depression was working on Bitcoin but today that picture has changed. It is only a matter of time. As we know the more bearish of BTC, the more bullish it will be later on. There is a lot to learn from the current market trend. There is a world in crypto that if one cannot be a good holder one cannot become rich. I would agree with you that DCA is still viable as the most useful strategy for buying bitcoins.
I think when you say "hold" in this case, you're obviously talking about a relatively longer period of time. So in this condition for me personally, I don't really see some decline back to be one of the things that makes depression here.
The decline means another opportunity to increase the load, there is no need to make it an excessive panic because the portopolio that is already owned will clearly be threatened when we are in a phase that we are depressed and panic because of a momentary decline.
Instead, the good thing is to make it a real opportunity because this is also included in the concept of buy the dip as it exists for this discussion.
copper member
March 15, 2023, 02:11:56 AM

When the market creates an opportunity, one can use that opportunity to prepare for long-term investment. If you look at the history of Bitcoin, you can see that after every bull cycle it touches the previous ATH. But this time the situation turned very bad, the market went down more than the previous ATH. So it was a good chance, those who took this chance in preparation for long term investment are already in profit.

In deed it is a good idea to take advantage of lower prices of Bitcoin whenever market creates a buying opportunity to book significant potential profit in future, but it is also important to remember that past performance doesn't guarantee future performance. Although Bitcoin has never dropped below its previous ATH but this time it happened which vindicates that history is not necessarily repeated every time and solely relying on technical analysis based on historical data may not be always reliable. It is crucial to also consider fundamental factors that can significantly influence the market behavior.
Activity: 882
Merit: 258
March 14, 2023, 04:09:37 PM
Yes Lump sum would be fine for Hodl in the long run and I'm not denying it, but the mental attack from panicking because I've put money into bitcoin at one time, might make me sleep and eat uneasy if the market goes down. worse than the purchase price, therefore I prefer DCA as an alternative to buying Bitcoin besides that we have the opportunity to get DIP prices when using the DCA strategy.
Bitcoin seems to have a good relationship with the term "hold". Some people hold long-term and some hold short-term. Last couple of days when btc decreasing depression was working on Bitcoin but today that picture has changed. It is only a matter of time. As we know the more bearish of BTC, the more bullish it will be later on. There is a lot to learn from the current market trend. There is a world in crypto that if one cannot be a good holder one cannot become rich. I would agree with you that DCA is still viable as the most useful strategy for buying bitcoins.
legendary
March 14, 2023, 03:31:12 PM
Have you heard of bitcoin?

Here we are talking about bitcoin, we are not talking about various shitcoins.  DCA does not work with shitcoins (or tokens).. fuck shitcoins and fuck "potential tokens." 

Go to some other thread if you want to engage in discussions to assess the "potential" of various tokens (aka shitcoins).

The ultimate application of DCA, buying on dips and lump sum accumulation that we are discussing in this thread relates to having had already assessed fundamental strength that bitcoin has in the longer term, so in that regard, it hardly matters what price you buy so long as you continue to buy - especially if your investment time horizon is 4-10 years or longer.

Of course, if you are wrong about your assessment of the fundamental strength of bitcoin, then ultimately your investment might not be in profits 4-10 years or longer into the future.

The idea of buy on dip and HODL has to do with attempting to improve upon any kind of DCA approach that any of us might attempt to apply in terms of attempting to strategize buys that are at lower prices, and of course, HODL would be a kind of strategy that is meant to deal with mistakes of buying too much too soon while the BTC price might still be dipping and you might have already used up all of your cash.. so the HODL strategy would be a way to attempt to get through such dip period in which you are low on cash or you are waiting for more cash to come in or you are waiting for the BTC price to get out of its slump and return UPpity.. sooner or later UPwards movements in price should end up happening, but of course, there are never guarantees, and part of the conviction of making an assessment of decently strong fundamental strength would thereby logically follow that there is a bit of an expectation that at some point upward price movements are going to continue, even while at the same time realizing that no investment is 100% guaranteed, even if it has been assessed to have a lot of fundamental strengths.
Now i get the context  Grin Grin, I didn't think it was solely bitcoin based dca analogy because i didn't expect dca to be a strategy when investing in bitcoin. To my understanding; the best way to invest in bitcoin is by targeting and accumulating as much satoshis as possible because context wise; the target should be 1 bitcoin or 0.5 btc; that way the bullish trend would show more favorable trends to an holder wallet.

Also, i agree with your hodl strategy analysis too because bitcoin is the only token i attempt to hold long term. Thanks for the little enlightenment

Of course, anyone getting into bitcoin or any other investment needs to attempt to account for what might work better (from their own point of view) based on a variety of personal circumstances, and surely I don't have any problem with the idea to make a lump sum investment from the start of the investment and then to allow time to pass in order to hopefully see that lump sum investment appreciate in value over time, whether that is 4-10 years or longer or maybe some other specific timeline that the person considers to be their goal (what they believe that they are aiming for at the time that they start their investment into bitcoin).  

One of the detachments from reality that you seem to be in would be that there are a whole hell of a lot of people who are either unable financially or even psychologically just jump into any investment, whether bitcoin or any other investment with a lump sum, even if such lump sum might be more affordable now as compared to where BTC prices were at through most of 2021... but still if you think about it, not everyone willing or able to just stick $12.5k or $25k into bitcoin, if referring to 0.5BTC or 1BTC as an initial investment, and even if they were able to do such a thing, they might be unwilling to take such a lump sum approach, even if an overall a lump sum approach might be a better strategy than DCA and/or buying on dip.

Another thing could be that a person is new to investing and they are trying to figure out what to invest in, and they can have all kinds of ideas about how to ease into an investment or to build up such investment over time, and historically, some people might invest 30-40 years, and never make it to fuck you status... but then when there is bitcoin  (and even crypto/shitcoins) there could be some expectations that they might be able to get to fuck you status more quickly.. and I am not even suggesting that getting to fuck you status might not be accelerated, even if many of us likely recognize and appreciate that there are a variety of ways that investors could screw up.. whether they are new investors or even more experienced investors who might start to employ higher levels of risk after some point that they might have had already built up their investment portfolio and maybe they become more adventurous and screw things up along the way?.. hahahahaha..  part of the attempted advantage of discussing matters in this thread might help for members to consider better (or at least different) strategies in regards to how to they might consider investing in bitcoin and/or accumulating it or maintaining their BTC stash.
March 14, 2023, 11:23:43 AM
We have seen that a few years ago, lots of crypto companies or others have influenced the price of bitcoin so that it plunged more than what we imagined at every moment and even reached the lowest price. regret when we listen to FUD that bitcoin will die when it crashes like last year when ftx crashed many people ran from the market because of that incident. the thing that makes me proud even though the amount of bitcoins I bought was not that much but buying in the $15k area is always medicine when there is a decline at a higher price.
The fact is that the market can never avoid volatility, so make sure you only invest what you can afford to lose.
When you've been in this space longer than others, then hopefully you've found the right way to understand how the market works in the long term. FUD is of course bad if you think it is, but otherwise FUD is an opportunity you never expected to buy bitcoin at low price.
Yes I did that, using money I could afford to lose and not to use in the short term. I save value in bitcoins from the side of my budget needs and emergency fund, so you don't have to worry.
As far as I pay attention to the market and discuss it, I dare say that I quite understand the sentimental market. I have my own term in the DCA and HODL Bitcoin strategy, namely "I eat blood, I see green".

I don't feel hopeless even though lately bitcoin has fallen quite extreme, even though last month's DCA I was at $24k but it doesn't make me panic because I still have the bitcoin that I bought at $15k and I plan to keep the bitcoin, and to become history the luckiest in my life.
DCA is working for those of you who need time to save budget or perhaps have doubts about the potential for the next price drop. But if you're willing to hold bitcoin on a longer time frame, then I guess lump sum is fine too.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
March 13, 2023, 05:38:46 PM

Here we are talking about bitcoin, we are not talking about various shitcoins.  DCA does not work with shitcoins (or tokens).. fuck shitcoins and fuck "potential tokens." 

Go to some other thread if you want to engage in discussions to assess the "potential" of various tokens (aka shitcoins).

The ultimate application of DCA, buying on dips and lump sum accumulation that we are discussing in this thread relates to having had already assessed fundamental strength that bitcoin has in the longer term, so in that regard, it hardly matters what price you buy so long as you continue to buy - especially if your investment time horizon is 4-10 years or longer.

Of course, if you are wrong about your assessment of the fundamental strength of bitcoin, then ultimately your investment might not be in profits 4-10 years or longer into the future.

The idea of buy on dip and HODL has to do with attempting to improve upon any kind of DCA approach that any of us might attempt to apply in terms of attempting to strategize buys that are at lower prices, and of course, HODL would be a kind of strategy that is meant to deal with mistakes of buying too much too soon while the BTC price might still be dipping and you might have already used up all of your cash.. so the HODL strategy would be a way to attempt to get through such dip period in which you are low on cash or you are waiting for more cash to come in or you are waiting for the BTC price to get out of its slump and return UPpity.. sooner or later UPwards movements in price should end up happening, but of course, there are never guarantees, and part of the conviction of making an assessment of decently strong fundamental strength would thereby logically follow that there is a bit of an expectation that at some point upward price movements are going to continue, even while at the same time realizing that no investment is 100% guaranteed, even if it has been assessed to have a lot of fundamental strengths.

Now i get the context  Grin Grin, I didn't think it was solely bitcoin based dca analogy because i didn't expect dca to be a strategy when investing in bitcoin. To my understanding; the best way to invest in bitcoin is by targeting and accumulating as much satoshis as possible because context wise; the target should be 1 bitcoin or 0.5 btc; that way the bullish trend would show more favorable trends to an holder wallet.

Also, i agree with your hodl strategy analysis too because bitcoin is the only token i attempt to hold long term. Thanks for the little enlightenment
legendary
March 13, 2023, 05:12:00 PM

In deed, Dollar cost averaging (DCA) strategy can help to mitigate impact of market volatility on your investment in Bitcoin or any other asset. By investing a fixed amount of money regardless of market is up or down, you can potentially reduce your average cost per coin or share over time and can benefit from the long-term growth potential of your assets.
I read daily about the importance of the "Dollar cost averaging" DCA Strategy but nobody actually discuss its reality. "Dollar cost averaging" DCA is a good approach in a bullish market, but with the market sinking barely every day for the past 6 months, how have top traders been using their "Dollar cost averaging" DCA Strategy? do you just continue to buy the dip repeatedly with no bull signs in sight ?

Realistically, in a bear market, the Dollar cost averaging strategy will only force your hands to hold too much of a particular token at loss. The best strategy is to figure out a token with a potential, buy and hold until the next bull run. For example, You cannot continue to Dollar cost average a token that dumps from 14$ to 1$. Its too much loss on a particular trade

Jump to: