Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 536. (Read 108155 times)

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
September 20, 2019, 03:53:06 PM
The problem here is the range of dip we are talking about. If we reference the price on the last ATH then were totally at the midway, but if we refer to the last dip then we are too high for now. Why not trade short term to accumulate gains rather than hoping for a miracle to happened everytime. Do some short term trading but first learn the basics so you won't cried out when an unprecedented even happened on the market.
Should be the best way to trade up but you cant stop those people to think for long term.They do always have the target on many months ahead rather
than on considering to close a trade for a day.

Buying everytime you do see a dip doesnt work anytime.I can attest to this scenario yet been experienced for how many times and do fail up to make
money and leaving hanging on the market for how many months now and just patiently waiting up even just for the recovery.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
September 19, 2019, 06:30:33 AM
he plebs adjusted, and are waiting to buy the dip. The whale-cumulators counter-adjusted, and made their bids higher than the plebs' bids.

I believe that a catalyst for FOMO is when whale-cumulators place their bids ahead of everyone. Cool

just bids won't work for FOMO, the price itself has to rise above a certain level so that it could cause the fear in those people who are currently  waiting on the sidelines watching the market waiting for a "signal" to jump in. it is like the gunshot before a run! it fires and they all start pouring their money in. something like what happened when price went above $4200 and headed towards $5k. a big green dildo Grin

But whale-cumulators blocking the plebs' bids, yes with price on a certain level, by placing higher bids would cause? Market orders/panicked buyers who want to be first. It causes a chain reaction among plebs to "buy now, or be left behind". FOMO. Cool
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
September 18, 2019, 01:47:35 AM
The problem here is the range of dip we are talking about. If we reference the price on the last ATH then were totally at the midway, but if we refer to the last dip then we are too high for now. Why not trade short term to accumulate gains rather than hoping for a miracle to happened everytime. Do some short term trading but first learn the basics so you won't cried out when an unprecedented even happened on the market.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 17, 2019, 05:56:30 PM
he plebs adjusted, and are waiting to buy the dip. The whale-cumulators counter-adjusted, and made their bids higher than the plebs' bids.

I believe that a catalyst for FOMO is when whale-cumulators place their bids ahead of everyone. Cool

just bids won't work for FOMO, the price itself has to rise above a certain level so that it could cause the fear in those people who are currently  waiting on the sidelines watching the market waiting for a "signal" to jump in. it is like the gunshot before a run! it fires and they all start pouring their money in. something like what happened when price went above $4200 and headed towards $5k. a big green dildo Grin

And is that for short-term or long-term investors, Herbert2020? Is the same signal for both, or there are difference?
   I invest when I can, but I can`t buy every dip, I don`t have so much money. For me as long-term holder it`s good to buy when ever I have
some extra money.
   I think we will see even bigger green dildo in some time.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
September 17, 2019, 08:53:48 AM

just bids won't work for FOMO, the price itself has to rise above a certain level so that it could cause the fear in those people who are currently  waiting on the sidelines watching the market waiting for a "signal" to jump in. it is like the gunshot before a run! it fires and they all start pouring their money in. something like what happened when price went above $4200 and headed towards $5k. a big green dildo Grin
legendary
September 17, 2019, 07:41:06 AM
The dip did occur after all, made the 50 day average on the daily bars chart, pin candle down to some support and back up.   So it still seems hesitant in this area and its yet to cross but all the same that was enough to trade and gain from.

Week and monthly average are roughly together, which reflects the indecision in the price I think.  Perhaps they wait for some news but I always give the charts and numbers themselves the credit.

The plebs adjusted, and are waiting to buy the dip. The whale-cumulators counter-adjusted, and made their bids higher than the plebs' bids.

Activity: 812
Merit: 253
September 14, 2019, 01:03:10 AM
I agree, and I’ve learned my lesson to buy coins in every dip. But that is if you have the spare amount of money for you to hodl because profits are not attainable in an instant. It could take years but then again, buy only if tou have extra money too.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
September 13, 2019, 10:56:16 AM
The dip did occur after all, made the 50 day average on the daily bars chart, pin candle down to some support and back up.   So it still seems hesitant in this area and its yet to cross but all the same that was enough to trade and gain from.

Week and monthly average are roughly together, which reflects the indecision in the price I think.  Perhaps they wait for some news but I always give the charts and numbers themselves the credit.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
September 13, 2019, 05:35:33 AM
Actually buying when the market is in dip is a very difficult step to make as not all dips will guarantee earning because what most commonly happening now is when you buy the dip but it dips even more losing your investments so maybe buying the dip is applicable for Bitcoin only but not with the Altcoins.

You are right that not all dip is worth it. For bitcoin, it will come back if we have a little patience as it has happened after 2017 and it bounced back. The same might not be said with altcoins, some altcoins dip is the end for that coin. I have experienced this with some altcoins.

I disagree, all dip are worth it because bitcoin is expected to rise again, buying at dip will give you a good value and that you can sell at a great profit.
This year, if we were able to do the right timing, we will be able to buy the best dip at $3K +, and we can sell at $13K, well, that's only possible if we are really smart enough and lucky at the same time.

What I learned is that we should always buy every time the market dip, especially if the market is healthy again.
In my evaluation, the market movement for BTC is healthy this year, so buying at dip is advisable.
legendary
September 13, 2019, 01:38:13 AM
today was an interesting day for all the "dip buyers" and the whale accumulators who are doing it.
initially they started it with large and sudden dump on the market to force the bots with their stop losses to go crazy. the amount dumped was 1500BTC on bitstamp alone but price only went down to $9900 and jumped back up above $10200 ridiculously fast. then they did it again this time to $9855 before it jumped back up to $10100 again.
i am curious to see if they do it for the third time today or was that it.

The whale-cumulators might have predicted where the dip buyers bids were, $7,500 - $9,500, and then ordered their own bids ahead of everyone, $10,000. Hahaha.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
September 11, 2019, 08:40:12 AM
today was an interesting day for all the "dip buyers" and the whale accumulators who are doing it.
initially they started it with large and sudden dump on the market to force the bots with their stop losses to go crazy. the amount dumped was 1500BTC on bitstamp alone but price only went down to $9900 and jumped back up above $10200 ridiculously fast. then they did it again this time to $9855 before it jumped back up to $10100 again.
i am curious to see if they do it for the third time today or was that it.
legendary
September 11, 2019, 07:10:01 AM

I guess I'm a gambler or a trader then, I do get that investor idea of a regular buy in a growth sector or long term ascending chart.   Thats a fair enough call for BTC but also I want to get the buy alot lower then 10k, I dont have alot of capital so if 8 or 7k is possible even briefly then I want to see that as a buy.

Then you have a bigger reason to buy the dip, and HODL/save your money. Don't let the whale-cumulators take advantage of you gambling, because we can't beat the market. Not with our limited means.
STT
legendary
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
September 11, 2019, 06:10:49 AM
I guess I'm a gambler or a trader then, I do get that investor idea of a regular buy in a growth sector or long term ascending chart.   Thats a fair enough call for BTC but also I want to get the buy alot lower then 10k, I dont have alot of capital so if 8 or 7k is possible even briefly then I want to see that as a buy.      So the dip above was purely short term, it hasnt made a good run for the 50 day average.   It was buyable but only with a trailing stop loss because we are still developing in this area.

So the reaction is not positive as each dip is lower in price, I characterise it as lower lows and also lower highs but that is just short term view.  If I try to look at the longer view its more of a symmetrical triangle which is hard to call either way, I think this dip buying (for the speculator, fast money is always a force in markets) is becoming harder to do as its not lasting long in a positive rise after the dip.
legendary
September 11, 2019, 03:55:18 AM
Maybe we could setup a new thread, dip alert for the times the price has had a trend of falling but might bounce back.   I think now is one of those times, my outlook is not positive but it never pays to be singular minded and I think it can bounce after hitting an old trend.

usually "dip buying" is for the investors not traders. investors that keep on buying bitcoin on intervals like whenever they have some extra money that they want to invest every month. for them, any dip where price comes down a little is good and anything that is bigger than 10% is awesome. there is no need any kind of alert in my opinion because that kind of strategy doesn't need it.

Or anything below $10,000 is an OPPORTUNITY. Remember when permabulls said that we might not see another opportunity to buy below $5,000? It's there again with $10,000.

Remember the halving. Buy the dip, and HODL. Cool
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
September 10, 2019, 11:31:10 PM
Maybe we could setup a new thread, dip alert for the times the price has had a trend of falling but might bounce back.   I think now is one of those times, my outlook is not positive but it never pays to be singular minded and I think it can bounce after hitting an old trend.

usually "dip buying" is for the investors not traders. investors that keep on buying bitcoin on intervals like whenever they have some extra money that they want to invest every month. for them, any dip where price comes down a little is good and anything that is bigger than 10% is awesome. there is no need any kind of alert in my opinion because that kind of strategy doesn't need it.
STT
legendary
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
September 10, 2019, 07:50:37 PM
Maybe we could setup a new thread, dip alert for the times the price has had a trend of falling but might bounce back.   I think now is one of those times, my outlook is not positive but it never pays to be singular minded and I think it can bounce after hitting an old trend.

This is the daily bars and I think on a simple measure it can go back to 50 day average as a first target.   This is why buy the dip is a test of will as it looks negative at the time, some would wait till after it bounces some and then passes this 50 DMA for strength but thats losing part of the move.
  Our current daily bar does have a bit of a pin to it, some people did buy and its near to 10k so for a simple number some will buy just that.   Obviously it requires more but now we pass to Asia trading we'll see their take.

I was right, thats how people view it already.    A proper bounce deserves us getting to 10400 so we'll see how it fares and the 50MA even has a rising incline in it from previous price history.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
September 10, 2019, 07:24:49 PM
I think it wil take a bit more to actually hit bottom, right now we are not at the bottom if you ask me. It may go up from here I am not arguing against that, we may hit again 13k+ one more time and if you want to buy it than go ahead and do it but that doesn't mean we will definitely just keep going up, it will definitely go down and that is why I honestly think it is not worth buying right now with plans for year long holding.

If you want to do day trading and get a quick profit you can try your hand (no guarantees) but I feel like waiting for an increase and than the next dump where price goes even lower would be a better price to buy. After that I feel like its turn to go up really high, not like 20k but at least 12k which is why I will wait for an increase than decrease to buy next time.
There's nothing to do but keep buying in every occasions to get your dip , as you might will find that rising period longer than the down to dip ... indeed you need to be patient at this stage.

The more dip order executed , the more profit doubled or even quadrupled once it's begin rising... that's the beauty of buying the dips!
In reality peoples are panic in that stage, so once it is  down automatically people are move to some other platform. I think day traders only active in all the stage and some peoples are brilliantly plan the future earning. This year everyone saw the good growing on crypto market so all are willing to participate on upcoming days.
Naaah , that's why you need a good money management... so you won't get busted early or get panicked to sell it immediately.

As this kind trading strategy requires a really patient attitude... trading against the market trends always quite challenging and triggering adrenaline, just make sure you are using the money that you can afford to lose here Grin

Otherwise this "buy every dip" would ended up with a huge loss and extremely frustrating.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 516
1BTC Welcome Bonus
September 09, 2019, 12:40:38 AM
I think it wil take a bit more to actually hit bottom, right now we are not at the bottom if you ask me. It may go up from here I am not arguing against that, we may hit again 13k+ one more time and if you want to buy it than go ahead and do it but that doesn't mean we will definitely just keep going up, it will definitely go down and that is why I honestly think it is not worth buying right now with plans for year long holding.

If you want to do day trading and get a quick profit you can try your hand (no guarantees) but I feel like waiting for an increase and than the next dump where price goes even lower would be a better price to buy. After that I feel like its turn to go up really high, not like 20k but at least 12k which is why I will wait for an increase than decrease to buy next time.
There's nothing to do but keep buying in every occasions to get your dip , as you might will find that rising period longer than the down to dip ... indeed you need to be patient at this stage.

The more dip order executed , the more profit doubled or even quadrupled once it's begin rising... that's the beauty of buying the dips!
In reality peoples are panic in that stage, so once it is  down automatically people are move to some other platform. I think day traders only active in all the stage and some peoples are brilliantly plan the future earning. This year everyone saw the good growing on crypto market so all are willing to participate on upcoming days.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
September 08, 2019, 02:38:19 PM

STT
legendary
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
September 06, 2019, 06:26:52 PM
when you buy the dip but it dips even more losing your investments so maybe buying the dip is applicable for Bitcoin only but not with the Altcoins.

From the ground view its hard to tell whats going on overall and if its a buying opportunity or not.   Some still think alt coins can come back and have a place in the market and some believe they never should have existed, a form of digital heresy.
   Buy the Dip is extremely valid advice however its a shortened phrase thats lost its qualifier.   Apparently this is a common thing to happen and sometimes advice is reverse of what commonly society has come to understand from that phrase.      However in this case we can still see the logic is fairly plain that buying into a dip even at a 'bad price' is ok so long as the product itself is valid.  Or in other words you get a bad price or risk a bad price but this still remains a reasonable hold within a larger greater overall bull market on the long term time frame over years.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/buy-the-dips.asp
Jump to: