Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 88. (Read 75588 times)

Activity: 597
Merit: 147
February 17, 2024, 10:46:05 PM
The process of the DCA method is simpler and easier for beginners to understand, just determine the time to make regular purchases whether weekly/two weeks or monthly it will be according to their abilities but this DCA strategy has become common but the most effective than other strategies, I feel how doing DCA for more than a year has a positive impact.

Those who sell in a hurry due to urgent needs may be due to lack of preparedness when starting investment with DCA, among others, they did not prepare a reserve fund for other emergencies.
But DCA is better above 5 years then the results will be even greater, but now it is trying on the way even though it is full of many obstacles and the temptation of an ever-increasing market because the desire to sell is always there, but until now it is still sticking with this DCA method.
In this case you are quite right because the DCA strategy is not a foreign strategy and is widely used by those who invest in Bitcoin. I feel comfortable applying the DCA Strategy in the investments I make.

DCA is quite good for beginners or old investors in accumulating Bitcoin.

I think the advantages of DCA that I have experienced in the investments I have made include that we are not burdened with thoughts that surround us. and there is also no pressure that makes us worry when prices fall because we always buy at every stage and continue to hold. For this reason, I think that for beginners, it is more suitable for them to use the DCA strategy in investing in Bitcoin.
Of course, the DCA method is the best choice among other methods for all investors and beginners because it is very easy to understand and apply, because it is simple and is not influenced by any negative factors. And it is also very comfortable to use for long-term investments and can also minimize risks due to highly fluctuating market movements.
DCA is a relaxed but sure way in terms of profits and this is real. And the most important thing is to consistently make purchases in stages to achieve planned financial goals, and if we apply the DCA concept in the long term, we will be able to meet our future needs earlier.
I have benefited a lot by investing in DCA method because when the market condition is bad I invest some and then when the market condition is good then a good profit accumulates in my account. And if I invest full amount it is very big for me.  There may be problem. So I invest some money instead of investing full money and use DCA method with the rest of the money when the market is dumping. I have more chances of getting good profit. I think everyone can use this method to get good profit.  There will be possibilities.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
February 17, 2024, 06:08:04 PM
You are making an error to be thinking somewhat linerally rather than in the power of exponentials.  You are getting more than 8x because you are getting 8 7** doublings... which makes the compounding to be even more powerful to let your investment ride upon itself.

**Note: I made a mistake in my earlier rendition since the first one does not count.. it is the base starting off point.   So we start to count doublings from the second one.  

So, let's look at the historical numbers and the timeline from 2015 to present again.

1) 0) $250  (2015)                                    1X
2)  1) $500  (2015-2016)                           2X
3) 2) $1,000    (2016-2017)        2X * 2 = 4X
4)  3) $2,000  (2017)                  4X * 2 = 8X
5)  4) $4,000  (2017-2020)          8X * 2 = 16X
6)  5) $8,000   (2017-2020)        16X * 2 = 32X
7)  6) $16,000  (2017-2022)       32X * 2 = 64X
8 )  7) $32,000  (2021-2023?)      64X * 2 = 128X
9)  8 ) $64,000  (2021-?)             128X * 2 = 256X
10)  9) $128,000  (?)                    256X * 2 = 512X

You can likely see that if you are shaving off profits at the earlier stages, then you are going to eat into the compounding (and/or exponential) component in regards to how your value would have had grown through that period of time.

So in this particular factual example the guys who bought in 2015 and had a base of $250 per BTC and who did not sell any of their BTC, they would have had experienced 8 doublings that would have brought their holdings up to 256x for a short period of time during the period that BTC was priced at more than $64k, and so then their amount of value would have come back down to 6 doublings when the BTC price dropped back down to around $16k (which would have been around 64x) and then now they are currently in the supra 7 doublings that would have been 128x when the BTC prices were at $32k, and they will be back to 256x once (or if) the BTC price gets back to supra $64k, and then if the BTC  price goes above $128k, then they will get into the supra 512x territory..

So each doubling now has much much greater magnifying effects as compared to the kind of smaller magnifying effects that would have had been felt in the first few of doublings.. so the power of the doublings tend to come later down the line, so long as the asset continues to go up in value and to have a kind of persistent effect.. .. something like a Lindy effect that suggest that the longer that something non-perishable (like an idea or a technology) is in existence and maintaining itself the more likely it is going to continue to be in existence.  

Of course, the bitcoin maximalist argument would assert that the Lindy effect applies to bitcoin more than it does to various shitcoins, but the theoretical idea of the Lindy effect is not completely absent from various shitcoins, even if some of the ideas and/or innovations of shitcoins (if they come up with any that involve anything worthwhile besides scamming people) may well have decently good chances to get absorbed into bitcoin.

So it's rather exponential than in terms of multiplication, I used to think that it's kind of a doubling effect where my capital would just keep increasing, but now this is totally mind blowing, giving long term holding a stand point as the best approach anyone can have, just imagine how much people that sold their holdings earlier would be regretting now that this compounding value has reached more than 120x in just 8 years, I have never heard of any investment than can give such returns of investment in a short time.

And from the way I see it since I'm still a new investor, just 3 months in, in think I the next 4 years I would be expecting a 4x* 2 doubling effect on my holding, then just imagine keeping to the plan of holding up to 10 years or so then I would be having almost or if not more than 150x compounding value on my portfolio. I guess choosing to be a holder wasn't a bad choice at all.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 579
February 17, 2024, 05:02:36 PM
It's not really a smart move if you're short on cash and can't afford to take the risk then putting your funds into a high speculative asset is downright risky. Your investment will not always be ideal because if you want to venture into a bullish market, you need to take risks and prepare for it by buying altcoins. A top altcoins will not suddenly sink full but your patience will lead you to the right destination. We invest in crypto only because of profit so having knowledge to pick best time and token is more important.
you actually advising someone with low funds to gamble with the only funds he or she had in investing in a certain shit coin. And don't forget if you have low funds and wanna invest you can try using DCA method to buy little quantities of bitcoin (not necessary you have to start investment with one bitcoin) than to invest in coin with higher risks. Is better invest in bitcoin (which is more safer) with an ensuring profit expecially when it's an long-term investment. As you keep on accumulating with DCA strategies with time you would see your portfolio getting mature and you would also see good evidence that your hard work is paying off. And you can use the remaining percentage of money in covering some expenses (known as emergency funds).
Of course we have to be smart and not believe too much in some stupid arguments that give advice on buying shitcoins. We only invest in Bitcoin because it has been proven to be able to provide better resilience than shitcoins which can go to zero. Yes, you are right, ignore those who give unclear advice because currently there are lots of misguided people who come up with various ways to confuse our minds.

Investing in Bitcoin, especially with the DCA strategy, is the best way to apply it. as we can see Bitcoin is now trading at $51k and if we buy at 15k of course the profit will come to us. But I hope everyone here remains focused on continuing to hold because Bitcoin will be a very valuable asset that we can pass on to our children us in the future.
Activity: 336
Merit: 76
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 17, 2024, 03:19:45 PM
It's not really a smart move if you're short on cash and can't afford to take the risk then putting your funds into a high speculative asset is downright risky. Your investment will not always be ideal because if you want to venture into a bullish market, you need to take risks and prepare for it by buying altcoins. A top altcoins will not suddenly sink full but your patience will lead you to the right destination. We invest in crypto only because of profit so having knowledge to pick best time and token is more important.
you actually advising someone with low funds to gamble with the only funds he or she had in investing in a certain shit coin. And don't forget if you have low funds and wanna invest you can try using DCA method to buy little quantities of bitcoin (not necessary you have to start investment with one bitcoin) than to invest in coin with higher risks. Is better invest in bitcoin (which is more safer) with an ensuring profit expecially when it's an long-term investment. As you keep on accumulating with DCA strategies with time you would see your portfolio getting mature and you would also see good evidence that your hard work is paying off. And you can use the remaining percentage of money in covering some expenses (known as emergency funds).

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 17, 2024, 02:05:36 PM
[edited out]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's not a joke. I truly believe that as Bitcoin HODLers, we should learn more about our investment. It's also no mere investment, it could be the most important asset, like Gold, that might serve as a back-up/fall-back if the current financial system fails/crashes.

Bitcoin's technical design and the design decisions made by the Core Developers ensures that it remains as a form of hard money for internet transactions. Those big institutions wouldn't touch Bitcoin and wrap it in an ETF, if that didn't have any value.
To the extent that you might not be changing your position and to the extent that I can even remember what we were arguing about in regards to whether bitcoin should be considered and presented to newbies as an investment or as something else, such as a technological phenomena that is better than any shitcoin.. blah blah, blah, it could well be that we are devolving into arguments about semantics... to the extent that you are still worked up about any of my potentially lame attempts at making light of bitcoin-related matters.  
No ser, I'm merely telling you that investing in Bitcoin and learning its technical features about WHY it's a good investment is also as important, probably more, as taking it as an investment itself. Many newbies would probably not care, but I believe if experiencing their first -50% drawdown it would be those newbies that would not have enough conviction to HODL.

Thanks for that further clarification, and sure fair enough in regards to a potential importance that comes from trying to understand some of the technical aspects of bitcoin in order to contribute towards the potentiality of developing stronger investment conviction, and so maybe that again is helping to highlight where you and I are considering these kinds of matters regarding the importance (or lack thereof) technical knowledge differently.

It seems to me that I am placing less expectation on what people need to do or what they need to know or even trying to direct them towards learning more about bitcoin, because in part, I am having troubles appreciating why anyone really needs to know jack shit all about bitcoin in order to figure out some kind of an investment strategy or to develop an investment thesis.

There are a lot of people who are lacking in knowledge in a lot of ways in regards to a lot of things that come up in their lives, and their motivation to act may well be based on the mere fact that all of their friends are doing it.. which is likely going to be the same for bitcoin... and someone's investment thesis in bitcoin might be good enough to decide to get into bitcoin merely based on the investment thesis that his buddy Windy got into bitcoin, and whatever Windy does, he is going to do.  

Yeah, it is all fine and dandy that the guy learns more about bitcoin, but it is surely not necessary, and it is probably way more necessary that the guy learns how to manage his own personal finances in terms of making sure that he does not invest any more than his discretionary/disposable income allows, rather than his having to know anything about bitcoin beyond the fact that his buddy Windy is into bitcoin.

So, from my perspective having and developing some kind of investment thesis for bitcoin is way more important than having any kind of technical knowledge about bitcoin, but hey, whatever to each their own..  if you want to continue to proclaim that it is a good idea for normies to develop technical knowledge about bitcoin in order to be better and stronger handed investors, then that's your choice... I personally consider technical knowledge about bitcoin to be a kind of nice thing to have (or consider.. a kind of optionality) rather than anything that is necessary in order to either invest into bitcoin and/or to increase your bitcoin position size.

Of course, the more aggressive that anyone is going to be in any investment, including bitcoin, then the more likely that he is going to need to know more about how to manage his finances (such as how to make sure that he stays within his discretionary/disposable income and has decently good ideas about his emergency fund, reserves and/or float), but that still concerns his own managing of his finances, cashflow and expenses rather than having very many clues about the thing that he is investing into.

In other words, I consider technical knowledge about bitcoin to be ongoingly way overplayed by people pushing that kind of unnecessary (and potentially misleading) narrative, and maybe on my below list of 9 items, I should even attempt to deprioritize number 4 more and more..

These 9 principle individual factors that influence your decision whether to invest into bitcoin and how to invest into bitcoin have financial, skills and psychological components that include:
1)   your cashflow,
2)   how much bitcoin you have already accumulated,
3)   your other investments (including considering your emergency fund, your float and your reserves - which are usually kinds of liquid ways to hold value in cash, dollars and/or your native currency in away that many of your expenses tend to be denominated),
4)   your view of bitcoin as compared with other investment possibilities,
5)   your timeline,
6)   your risk tolerance,
7)   your time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets, which includes figuring out the extent that you are in BTC accumulation, maintenance or liquidation stage),
8 )   your abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time,
9)   your considering your time, your abilities and whether to trade, reallocate from time to time, to use of leverage and/or to use financial instruments... (and for sure the use of financial instruments, leverage and margin trading involve higher level skills and are not even necessary to still become richie in bitcoin's already existing asymmetric bet.)

These are ongoing areas in which anyone should be working upon without necessarily concluding that they need to perfect all of them or even to perfect any one category prior to being ready to start investing into bitcoin.. whether that is investing with their time, their energies and/or their finances.

It's not really a smart move if you're short on cash and can't afford to take the risk then putting your funds into a high speculative asset is downright risky. Your investment will not always be ideal because if you want to venture into a bullish market, you need to take risks and prepare for it by buying altcoins.

That is really dumb.  

Fuck shitcoins.

You surely don't seem to understand bitcoin, and the fact that you are here pumping and/or talking about shitcoins is also pretty questionable, when this is a bitcoin thread, and if you want to talk about and/or pump shitcoins, then that is a topic of another thread. .since this is not a thread that involves comparing and/or contrasting which shitcoins might be less shitty, and therefore any discussion about shitcoins or pumping any one of them - which you are so vague in your comment that you don't even mention any particular shitcoin, but instead vaguely suggest that shitcoins, as a category, might have an investment thesis that is better than bitcoin in times like these - which truly is nonsense to the extent that you might be considering gambling to be a form of investing, since without further study there are no shitcoins that would justify investing into them rather than getting in and out including your vague-ass reference to shitcoins as a category to invest into rather than bitcoin, during these kinds of times.

A top altcoins will not suddenly sink full but your patience will lead you to the right destination. We invest in crypto only because of profit so having knowledge to pick best time and token is more important.

Truely you are one lost little puppy, and likely do not even understand the meaning of the term "invest," since you are using such term in both a vague way and also in a gambling kind of way that lacks any kind of foundational principles regarding either what you are talking about, when and/or how to invest.. .and yeah, even if you are supposedly focused on the top shitcoins (presumptively using their marketcap to increase your abilities to gamble), it is like you are using the term "invest" to mean throw your dart at this wall of potentially valuable landing points (that involve "top shitcoins") and hope that your dart hits a spot on that wall of "potentiality" that is going to end up pay off. because they are already "top shitcoins.". .and since the items on the wall are kind of like bitcoin (because they are imitating bitcoin and they have been doing a good job of imitating bitcoin (thats why they are top shitcoins) and relying on bitcoin's security) the landing of your dart on this vague-ass top shitcoins wall of possibilities is even likely to pay off better than bitcoin.
Activity: 903
Merit: 391
February 17, 2024, 01:03:35 PM

For me, it's actually the opposite of what you said, because I see that the top altcoins can also sink more deeply when the market and Bitcoin don't improve in the long term. Indeed, I also don't consider the top altcoin a bad choice as long as it is only for the short term, but if someone has the initiative to invest in the long term, of course the smarter choice is Bitcoin. Because basically every investment must be carried out patiently along with sufficient capital so that you can consistently maintain it for a long period of time.

Well, in this case I don't know why you say that choosing Bitcoin is not a smart choice on the grounds that it is a highly speculative asset. In fact, any altcoin also carries quite a bit of risk because they are all highly speculative assets, except for stablecoins which are generally not an investment option for many people. But on the one hand, I also appreciate your thoughts even though I have never done anything like that if the goal is for the best investment and long-term profits.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
February 17, 2024, 11:37:11 AM
Activity: 347
Merit: 19
February 17, 2024, 11:31:24 AM
Of course, the DCA method is the best choice among other methods for all investors and beginners because it is very easy to understand and apply, because it is simple and is not influenced by any negative factors. And it is also very comfortable to use for long-term investments and can also minimize risks due to highly fluctuating market movements.
DCA is a relaxed but sure way in terms of profits and this is real. And the most important thing is to consistently make purchases in stages to achieve planned financial goals, and if we apply the DCA concept in the long term, we will be able to meet our future needs earlier.
Every beginner is very good if they use the DCA method in investing and they only need to prepare capital every purchase date they have planned and do it consistently for results that match the target they want. Of course this will be very good for those who want to collect and hold it. over a long period of time for the benefits they desire.

Yes, it is very relaxing to use the DCA method but we also have to have a steady income so we can buy it with part of our income and it will be very difficult to do it if we don't have a special income because it could be that at the date of purchase we don't have the funds to be able to collect it so we have to miss that date.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 447
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 17, 2024, 10:55:57 AM
The process of the DCA method is simpler and easier for beginners to understand, just determine the time to make regular purchases whether weekly/two weeks or monthly it will be according to their abilities but this DCA strategy has become common but the most effective than other strategies, I feel how doing DCA for more than a year has a positive impact.

Those who sell in a hurry due to urgent needs may be due to lack of preparedness when starting investment with DCA, among others, they did not prepare a reserve fund for other emergencies.
But DCA is better above 5 years then the results will be even greater, but now it is trying on the way even though it is full of many obstacles and the temptation of an ever-increasing market because the desire to sell is always there, but until now it is still sticking with this DCA method.
In this case you are quite right because the DCA strategy is not a foreign strategy and is widely used by those who invest in Bitcoin. I feel comfortable applying the DCA Strategy in the investments I make.

I think the advantages of DCA that I have experienced in the investments I have made include that we are not burdened with thoughts that surround us. and there is also no pressure that makes us worry when prices fall because we always buy at every stage and continue to hold. For this reason, I think that for beginners, it is more suitable for them to use the DCA strategy in investing in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1818
February 17, 2024, 03:53:28 AM

[edited out]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's not a joke. I truly believe that as Bitcoin HODLers, we should learn more about our investment. It's also no mere investment, it could be the most important asset, like Gold, that might serve as a back-up/fall-back if the current financial system fails/crashes.

Bitcoin's technical design and the design decisions made by the Core Developers ensures that it remains as a form of hard money for internet transactions. Those big institutions wouldn't touch Bitcoin and wrap it in an ETF, if that didn't have any value.

To the extent that you might not be changing your position and to the extent that I can even remember what we were arguing about in regards to whether bitcoin should be considered and presented to newbies as an investment or as something else, such as a technological phenomena that is better than any shitcoin.. blah blah, blah, it could well be that we are devolving into arguments about semantics... to the extent that you are still worked up about any of my potentially lame attempts at making light of bitcoin-related matters.  

No ser, I'm merely telling you that investing in Bitcoin and learning its technical features about WHY it's a good investment is also as important, probably more, as taking it as an investment itself. Many newbies would probably not care, but I believe if experiencing their first -50% drawdown it would be those newbies that would not have enough conviction to HODL.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 579
February 16, 2024, 05:22:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
February 16, 2024, 05:21:31 PM
Could you explain more about how bitcoin compounds value to me a bit, i would really love to understand.
Can't you already see the idea of compounding value within my previous discussion and pointing out 8-9 doublings of the BTC price since 2015?  The idea of compounding value should be clear from looking at the numbers, no?  which part is not clear?

Of course it is not guaranteed to continue to happen.. but if you happen to have some understanding how bitcoin is more scarce than fiat currencies (and likely more scarce than any other asset or currency in the world), then you also might understand why bitcoin is likely to continue to have ongoing compounding value effects.. even though, again, it is not guaranteed, so we should account for how compounding takes time and likely to continue to take time..

and I personally like to look at the 200-week moving average rather than spot price in order to also see how the 200-week moving average (which tends to the the bitcoin price bottom) continues to go up, which in my entry-level fuck you status chart, you can see both the historical numbers and also the projection of bottoms (200-week moving average) until 2074...and that may or may not end up being correct, also...so you should be preparing according to your own financial and/or psychological circumstances.
In bitcoin it is not good to think in terms of compounding interest, but instead think in terms of compounding value.  

I touch upon that comparison in another thread in a post of mine from a few days ago:[/size]
For example, even just looking at where bitcoin was in 2015, we can see that there have been about 9 doubling of bitcoin's value events (in terms of it's dollar value) and yeah some retracements but still we are currently still around 8 doublings since 2015 (that is ONLY a little more than 8 years).
1) $250  (2015)
2)  $500  (2015-2016)
3)  $1,000    (2016-2017)
4)  $2,000  (2017)
5)  $4,000  (2017-2020)
6)  $8,000   (2017-2020)
7)  $16,000  (2017-2022)
8 )  $32,000  (2021-2023?)
9)  $64,000  (2021-?)
10)  $128,000  (?)
Historically, those value appreciations in bitcoin have been way greater than the debasement of the dollar even if someone were to have had paid you 10% interest on the dollars that they were holding for you, it still would have had been better for you to keep your value in bitcoin even if no dividends or interest had been paid by keeping your value in bitcoin and stored by yourself in isolation.

Historically, many folks have gotten overly greedy with their bitcoin and they put their bitcoin with third-parties in order to receive interest or yield and then they end up getting fucked.. so frequently it is not worth the risk to be using those kinds of interest bearing products in relation to your bitcoin, unless you can have some confidence that they are not gambling with your BTC too much.. which is truly difficult to assess because sometimes they are lying to you about what they are doing with your BTC in order to earn the yield.
Now that I know how bitcoin compounding works, I can see that it favors long-term investors. Historically, this has happened at intervals of two or even three times. Based on your explanation, if I started holding in 2015 and held it for four years, I would have received an eight times return on my initial investment . So bitcoin not only offers good compounding value effect but also a means to store value.

You are making an error to be thinking somewhat linerally rather than in the power of exponentials.  You are getting more than 8x because you are getting 8 7** doublings... which makes the compounding to be even more powerful to let your investment ride upon itself.

**Note: I made a mistake in my earlier rendition since the first one does not count.. it is the base starting off point.   So we start to count doublings from the second one.  

So, let's look at the historical numbers and the timeline from 2015 to present again.

1) 0) $250  (2015)                                    1X
2)  1) $500  (2015-2016)                           2X
3) 2) $1,000    (2016-2017)        2X * 2 = 4X
4)  3) $2,000  (2017)                  4X * 2 = 8X
5)  4) $4,000  (2017-2020)          8X * 2 = 16X
6)  5) $8,000   (2017-2020)        16X * 2 = 32X
7)  6) $16,000  (2017-2022)       32X * 2 = 64X
8 )  7) $32,000  (2021-2023?)      64X * 2 = 128X
9)  8 ) $64,000  (2021-?)             128X * 2 = 256X
10)  9) $128,000  (?)                    256X * 2 = 512X

You can likely see that if you are shaving off profits at the earlier stages, then you are going to eat into the compounding (and/or exponential) component in regards to how your value would have had grown through that period of time.

So in this particular factual example the guys who bought in 2015 and had a base of $250 per BTC and who did not sell any of their BTC, they would have had experienced 8 doublings that would have brought their holdings up to 256x for a short period of time during the period that BTC was priced at more than $64k, and so then their amount of value would have come back down to 6 doublings when the BTC price dropped back down to around $16k (which would have been around 64x) and then now they are currently in the supra 7 doublings that would have been 128x when the BTC prices were at $32k, and they will be back to 256x once (or if) the BTC price gets back to supra $64k, and then if the BTC  price goes above $128k, then they will get into the supra 512x territory..

So each doubling now has much much greater magnifying effects as compared to the kind of smaller magnifying effects that would have had been felt in the first few of doublings.. so the power of the doublings tend to come later down the line, so long as the asset continues to go up in value and to have a kind of persistent effect.. .. something like a Lindy effect that suggest that the longer that something non-perishable (like an idea or a technology) is in existence and maintaining itself the more likely it is going to continue to be in existence.  

Of course, the bitcoin maximalist argument would assert that the Lindy effect applies to bitcoin more than it does to various shitcoins, but the theoretical idea of the Lindy effect is not completely absent from various shitcoins, even if some of the ideas and/or innovations of shitcoins (if they come up with any that involve anything worthwhile besides scamming people) may well have decently good chances to get absorbed into bitcoin.

And this compounding effect would or might continue to occur because bitcoin will remain a valuable asset over time. Just look at how much it cost and how simple it was to obtain bitcoin in 2015.

The investment thesis for bitcoin seems to be getting stronger rather than weaker, even though we cannot really know the future prices of bitcoin, even though we surely can theorize that bitcoin's total addressable market is right around $1 quadrillion right now, and surely those kinds of numbers are likely to increase with the passage of time, including the probable more ways in which bitcoin would be useable in a variety of future scenarios... .. yet at the same time, the levels of past performance does end up taking away from quite a bit of the likely magnitude of bitcoin's upside potential in terms of how much time it might take for bitcoin to reach a market cap of $1 quadrillion or even greater amounts, which could well take 50 to 200 years, even if it makes it to those levels, and if we consider bitcoin's reaching gold's market cap to be around a 12x to 15x price appreciation, there likely could be a lot of stagnation in bitcoin's price appreciation in the territories in which bitcoin is 10x to 100x gold's market cap.. and it could even take several cycles to get to those kinds of price points, but it also might end up ONLY taking a few years.. and so it is not necessarily easy to know, even though we likely realize when BTC prices go up, there does need to be at least enough demand for it that it is ongoingly able to sustain prices that it achieves, which is largely why I prefer to ongoingly consider bitcoin bottoms rather than bitcoin tops in terms of my own attempts to figure out how to both value my bitcoin holdings and to consider future possible values of my bitcoin holdings based on bottom prices and as reflected (and projected) out to 2074 in my entry-level fuck you status chart.

Then, picture what it will be like in four years, and you can see that I, as a holder, will still have the opportunity to profit even if the compounding value is only two times or even greater—no one can predict with certainty.

It seems that as a whole bitcoin remains one of the best (if not the best) of investments that anyone can make, even if the current upside potential for the next 9 years is likely not as great as it ended up being in the last 9 years... and surely if your investment timeline is shorter, then you are not as likely to be able to take advantage of the varying compounding effects.. but for sure no one knows, and so part of the reason why several of us (including yours truly) continue to suggest that anyone getting into bitcoin should consider it as a longer term investment of 4-10 years or longer, and so if you are barely able to consider the minimum of that range, then you might be thinking too short term, but if you are considering reassessing at various points along the way or that there is some reason that you are going to want to be out of bitcoin in 4 years, then surely that also might be able to work out for you.. and if you are starting to invest in bitcoin now or even in recent times, such as within the last few months in line with your forum registration date, then you likely would be able to take some kind of a bitcoin investment approach and also continue to investigate it, research it, learn about it and perhaps tweak your BTC investment approach as you continue to learn and to reassess your situation in light of your presumptive ongoing learning about bitcoin and learning about yourself (in the event that there might be investment related things that you might want/need to learn about yourself).

Maybe one further point in regards to compounding value versus DCA investing, if you DCA invest into bitcoin for the next 4 years, then the earlier portions of your investment would have had more likelihoods of compounding and the later portions of your investment might not have had as much time to compound, and so sometimes it can make differences if you can get more frontloaded investing in order to have potentially more benefits of compounding value, but there might not be any way to really know if it better to front load and also some people are not able to front load into any investment (including investing into bitcoin) without putting their whole financial situation at too much risk in terms of ending up gambling rather than investing... so whatever you do, you don't want to end up in gambling, while continuing to realize that it can take quite a bit of time to both build up an investment and also to start to have enough value invested into such investment that you start to see the compounding effects. .which can be highlighted by doublings.. and even sometimes difficult to see during long correction and/or flat periods, and then sometimes even in bitcoin there sometimes end up being short periods of time in which a lot of compounding happens in a very short period, which can cause a lot of dilemma for guys in terms of figuring out what to do, especially more dilemmas the shorter the period of time that they had been in the investment because it is not even necessarily clear when or if to sell any BTC especially if guys are in their earliest of BTC accumulation stages.  

Therefore, based on my theory—which I haven't tested—I believe that as bitcoin becomes more scarce, the compounding value impact may rise. Time will hopefully prove if I'm right or wrong 🙂.

Yes, sure, bitcoin is already scarce and it's issuance is already known, so yeah the rate of its new issuance is going to continue to shrink, even though we already largely know that that is going to be, so its schedule of new issuance can be somewhat anticipated and included in what is known about bitcoin, yet at the same time, the demand is likely going to continue to increase with greater and greater accustomization to what bitcoin is, and the likely recognition that is it capable of solving a lot of current real world problems that seem to be stemming from corruptible man-made centralizing dynamics in regards to monetary policies... and so yeah, bitcoin was already built to resolve those foundational problems that are wide-spread with fiat systems, with the dollar currently in the position of serving as the least shitty of a variety of shitty fiat system systems.. that seemed to move further and further away from soundness.

I have seen the thread you creates on the fuck you status, it's quite broad and I take my time to look into it 😊.

Let me know if you have any questions..   Hopefully it sufficiently explains what it is attempting to do in terms of showing historically how many BTC that you would have had needed to reach entry-level fuck you status (presuming $2million as default entry-level fuck you status), and then it attempts to project that out until 2074.... so it can hopefully give you some ideas regarding your own plans about BTC accumulation, if that is where you might consider yourself to be right now.

[edited out]
You made me laugh so hard where you said "am I running out of words" I don't think a man like you will ever run out of words. 😂

Fair enough.

It is not a given that I am always going to have words to respond to various ideas presented in this thread.. and it is even a current reality that sometimes my fingers get sore from typing.. .. and surely sometimes I do speculate that I might be repeating myself a wee bit too muchie.., and I start to wonder whether I should (or need to) respond.

According to the DCA method, the longer the investment is, the more benefits will accrue. Since its inception in 2009, many investors have held Bitcoin for the long term to date. It is up to the investor who is ready to take the risk to invest at the right time. There is no fixed time to invest in Bitcoin, it is possible to invest only with proper thinking. I have participated in the investment since April 2023. And take everyone's advice to prolong my investment. I gather enough knowledge from here and am urgently trying to keep the investment alive for a long time and I am ready to invest more.

Bitcoin was so niche in 2009, 2010 and 2011, and even though bitcoin continued to expand and even started to have some monetary value in 2010, it is still kind of difficult to use those earliest years as times to consider that very many normal people were even able to get involved in bitcoin.  

In recent times, I have begun to consider that maybe somewhere around the beginning of 2012 might not have had been a good time to start to count BTC's monetary properties, especially since by then BTC's spot price and 200-week moving average were not very far apart and considering $4 to $5 as a starting point seems way better than starting at zero or even to be considering those first 3 years in any kind of way that presumes anything close to publicly accessible.. .so yeah, every year since then, bitcoin has continued to expand and to gain markets.. .. but sure, people can do whatever they like in their assessment of those first few years. which from my perspective seems to skew the data way too much to include them in terms of some of the thoughts about monetary value.. but at the same time, they cannot be completely ignored. .and sure, maybe it would be better to start to count at bitcoin's first halvening on November 28, 2012, yet it still seems to me a bit arbitrary and maybe a bit better to include the beginning of 2012... just to have a bit more data in which bitcoin's monetary use cases were starting to get some grass roots expansion in that year.

You can look up BTC spot price versus 200-week moving average on this website.

[edited out]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
February 16, 2024, 02:48:31 PM
DCA method is suitable for any investor because if they know the strategies they can definitely succeed. By using the DCA method for long-term holdings, it is possible to accumulate bitcoins on a monthly or weekly basis. The DCA method is the longer the holding and the more profitable the bitcoin.
Apart from that, the DCA method can also be used by anyone who wants to become an investor with the aim of buying Bitcoin to use as a long-term investment because this can be done by small investors and also by large investors. So it is very common that the DCA method is widely used by all investors and what is unique is that new investors are now also doing the same thing when they want to become Bitcoin investors. Although they still often wait for low prices and sell at high prices at certain moments in order to hunt for profits.

Activity: 2506
Merit: 576
February 16, 2024, 02:19:58 PM
DCA method is suitable for any investor because if they know the strategies they can definitely succeed. By using the DCA method for long-term holdings, it is possible to accumulate bitcoins on a monthly or weekly basis. The DCA method is the longer the holding and the more profitable the bitcoin.
Apart from that, the DCA method can also be used by anyone who wants to become an investor with the aim of buying Bitcoin to use as a long-term investment because this can be done by small investors and also by large investors. So it is very common that the DCA method is widely used by all investors and what is unique is that new investors are now also doing the same thing when they want to become Bitcoin investors. Although they still often wait for low prices and sell at high prices at certain moments in order to hunt for profits.
Activity: 224
Merit: 151
February 16, 2024, 01:45:14 PM
So I would keep on accumulating more bitcoin, and bitcoin recent performance as motivated me more to keep doing so. And even went ahead seeking for some good sources of income to make my DCAing more effective.  
You have made the right decision in the right direction. One thing I would just advise is that you should be careful before you start over doing it and when you start over doing it, there every possibility you might get into trouble. You don't have to be so desperate when it comes to bitcoin accumulation. Buy the little your money can afford. When your finances increase you can buy accordingly.
Activity: 560
Merit: 287
February 16, 2024, 01:42:24 PM
What's happening now is the pre halving pump. I have carefully observed that months leading to the halving bitcoin do pump more and dump less. I think it's just bitcoin following the same pattern of the established norms. So I don't think anything will change from previous times. It's very unlikely that a new ATH will be set before the halving. Since it has not happened this way for the previous halvings that has occurred. Bitcoin is just following it's natural sequence, that's why we are seeing this continues high. This continues new high will now usher the new ATH few months after the halving.

The consensus that bitcoin is currently following is consistent with previous periods, and it is simply the normal cycle preceding the bull run. We have yet to witness the halving, and the current market movement is such that if a bull run occurs next year, bitcoin will reach a new all-time high before the actual bull run. But all I see is that another correction will occur before the day of halving, causing the price to drop slightly again.

I do not expect a large market drop again, but it will not be long before we see a halving as the expected date approaches. We will be left to speculate on the timing of the bull run after halving has occurred. I also believe that the price the markets reach after halving will determine how the market reacts to the bull run when it comes to setting a new all-time high.

According to the DCA method, the longer the investment is, the more benefits will accrue. Since its inception in 2009, many investors have held Bitcoin for the long term to date. It is up to the investor who is ready to take the risk to invest at the right time. There is no fixed time to invest in Bitcoin, it is possible to invest only with proper thinking. I have participated in the investment since April 2023. And take everyone's advice to prolong my investment. I gather enough knowledge from here and am urgently trying to keep the investment alive for a long time and I am ready to invest more.

The DCA method is still the best way to accumulate bitcoin for the long term. Even when lump summing, you usually reach a point where you wish you hadn't bought everything at once and instead waited for the price to drop a little before buying. The market's volatility makes it difficult to predict. Although any method is suitable, and anyone can work perfectly for you if you follow through and are prepared to hold for the long term. Just look for the one that works perfectly for you and stick to it, and if you see the opportunity to use the two methods, don't hesitate to do since it will increase your bitcoin holdings for the long term.
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
February 16, 2024, 12:56:04 PM
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1818
February 16, 2024, 12:49:55 PM
[edited out]
What is the actual importance of Bitcoin? If we merely talk about it as something that "will make people gain more from their investment", especially people who have yet to actually learn anything about it, it might sound like a Ponzi to those people, no?
Yes, people to think about bitcoin as a ponzi, and they don't really tend to understand what bitcoin is.. and I still see no reason to get worked up at the term investment,
Pardon me, but let me stop you there. No one is getting "worked up" at the term "investment". I'm merely debating for learning more about Bitcoin if someone wants to talk about it with other people, especially nocoiners that are still suspicious about "Bitcoin". I believe if the suspicious truly learn about how it works and how elegant of a solution was found to the Byzantine General's Problem and the game theory behind it, then something inside them might "click" and acknowledge the value of what Bitcoin gives to society. People should accept that it's a new "standard" for hard money, and THAT makes it a good investment.

No problem.

Stop getting worked up so easily.   Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Activity: 1540
Merit: 654
February 16, 2024, 12:06:03 PM

Yes and it is true that you will get greater benefits if you are able to run the application of DCA in your accumulation with the long term, most likely you will be able to achieve maximum profits in accordance with what you expect provided that you must really be able to maintain consistency in terms of budget allocation at any time that you have determined or planned at the beginning in the DCA that you run (recommended with the same amount), for me DCA is an intermediary or a way to achieve financial freedom which is quite good in the future. But before that what should be considered is your financial situation, you really need to make sure that you have an ideal income in life, having the ability to make ends meet is the main and most important point, the other thing has a remaining budget from the total income you get is a pretty good situation for you to start or keep the bitcoin accumulation that you have done and planned.

On the other hand of course there is no definite time to invest, I would say that it is your decision that will determine when you should start, so it means that if you are too focused on procrastination with a million reasons then obviously all the planning you have made will never work if it is not accompanied by action. Looking at the financial situation to be used as a benchmark for making considerations is the first thought that must be done, bitcoin does not force you or anyone to get involved in it but if indeed you have a pretty good or balanced financial situation even though you have to set aside a certain amount of budget for investment or other things then I think you can start joining the accumulation. On the other hand everyone would want to have a more beautiful future and bitcoin accumulation gives you the opportunity to achieve it with some suggestions and conditions that are suggested, but it all comes back to you in terms of making decisions and if you have started first then we expect you to stay firm on the plans you have made as well as putting firmness on the idea of "maintaining allocation consistency in DCA".
Activity: 336
Merit: 76
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 16, 2024, 04:17:57 AM
"what  if bitcoin reaches a peak from here would I also be amongst the testifies or do I have enough bitcoin in my stash to benefit from the bull run
also has same thought, few days back when bitcoin hit the price range of $51k I checked my portfolio and a big smile appear on my face and same time I had a glimpse of memory when I was new in this space I was basing on some altcoins back then. I remembered how I thought I was an investor, half-size knowledge without knowing how the market work ended making countless losses and noticed I wasn't heading anywhere or doing myself any good. But things has changed since knowing this forum, And seeing the true beauty of bitcoin. So I would keep on accumulating more bitcoin, and bitcoin recent performance as motivated me more to keep doing so. And even went ahead seeking for some good sources of income to make my DCAing more effective. And I think you shouldn't be having such thought right now . All you got to do is to find way to accumulate more bitcoin in your portfolio because there's time for you to be among the testifies in the next bull run.
that's the spirit, yeah using DCA strategies for long-term investment is just a great matchup. The longer your DCAing (long-term investment) more chances for to yield good profits. And holding for long is just the best
Pages:
Jump to: