Pages:
Author

Topic: By now, is it worth to invest in major altcoins for the long term? - page 8. (Read 1241 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 251
I dont think major altcoin will go down that much , for time being we are seeing slow dip but it will recover as it is already in bottom. In this year we will see btc above 12k range then we will see rise in altcoin as well and major altcoin are next to btc if you looking for significant gain as many of the altcoin are promising and they will gain good heights in future.
Activity: 646
Merit: 100
tozex.io
If you have done your research and it is actually loosing value, I think the next thing to do is to look for a good entry point, with the right altcoin and good entry Point it will be a profitable investment. They could easily double your investment. So I think you shouldn't rush into it ,long term investment is good .
Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
If you want a long-term investment you better buy bitcoin compared to altcoin if you doubt that the major altcoin will lose its value, but if you want to keep investing try to buy altcoin top 10 coinmarketcap.
Those top altcoins were still good to invest with especially if they are able to sustain their spot even the long bear market we experienced as when BTC increase they will sure to increase. They may cause lost before especially if we invested when ATH occurs but at this time they are still good to buy knowing they have chance to increase still like BTC, just make sure its like ETH or other top alts that still plans to do some upgrade in their product.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
major altcoins ? such as ETH,LTC,XRP ? it can be true,so far they go down since the last 3 years,but not for all, such as coin based exchange like BNB,OKB,HT,KCS growly well.
so i have no idea,did u will believe it or not, it depend  on you.
It depends on the developer and what we can do to take the right point to enter the market. Remember those who have bought major coin on the peak price have been getting a big lost as it was going down more than 50% from ATH. OP means about it's not always the right decision to say you must always make your bet on the major coin while at the same time some coins from the low marketcap are still offering a huge chance to do a comeback again. I do agree with what already did by OP.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

I have been hearing that even major altcoins are gradually losing its value.

For long term investment purpose, no more investing in major altcoins recommended?

For large altcoins in this market, you should still invest in it. Altcoins can pump faster and make you more profitable than BTC if the bull market starts to run. As long as you don't buy shitcoin without liquidity, you'll be fine with in altcoins. And I recommend that you only invest in altcoins in the top 10 coinmarket, a few examples you can refer to: ETH, NEO, XLM ...
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

No one can and no one should make that call for you. If you need investment tips, you shouldn't ask them from random people from the internet. Study the markets yourself and act accordingly. You are in danger of losing your money if you need someone else to make that decision for you.
In addition to this...
We shouldn't have to rely on others to tell you what we have to do. Making our own decision must be preferred rather than soliciting others which of course that is also their insight on the market which I believe that we are different.

@OP, if you are doubt towards investing crypto, I suggest not to make it hard and push yourself on. Think first and decide what is best for you and so you'll find no regrets after.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

For long term investment purpose, no more investing in major altcoins recommended?
Where do you read that? I don't agree though. In the long run, based on past performance, major alts price is growing. Especially in bull market like the one in 2017 where almost every alts make a crazy all time high. I said crazy because ETH all time high was in the range of $1000, about 9 times its price now.

Sure, if you buy on top that would be disastrous but looking at the price now, compare it to their all time high, and the momentum we had now in early 2020, I say this is another great chance to make some money from alts.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
For long term investment you should invest in major coins like bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin they are really worth to invest and I'm sure these coins will gain you a big profit in the future or just wait bull run.
Activity: 896
Merit: 100
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
major altcoins ? such as ETH,LTC,XRP ? it can be true,so far they go down since the last 3 years,but not for all, such as coin based exchange like BNB,OKB,HT,KCS growly well.
so i have no idea,did u will believe it or not, it depend  on you.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 257
If you want a long-term investment you better buy bitcoin compared to altcoin if you doubt that the major altcoin will lose its value, but if you want to keep investing try to buy altcoin top 10 coinmarketcap.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269

If you are not going to invest in major coins in the market, then it's better to not invest at all, major altcoins have proven their worth over the years, these have all the volumes, define the market, and these major altcoins are the reason why the industry is moving forward, it's the new coin that are holding crowdfunding  that you should not invest, because of uncertainty in their future. 
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
Yes is still worth to invest in altcoins with a good history and even if they nor bring profit in short time we should really wait for altcoin bull run, but if have enough money choose also bitcoin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
For long-term investments, I am a little hesitant on altcoin, both large and in the development stage. Long-term investments in altcoin are far more risky to lose, fluctuating prices are very difficult to predict. But if just trading altcoin is indeed more profitable quickly compared to bitcoin, of course your prediction must be really valid or in accordance with what will happen. My advice is the most important analysis or research and find an accurate reference or source, then do what you have to do. A secure portfolio allocation that is for bitcoin no less than 50% of your total investment.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Even when major / reputable coins are down, they still have the ability to raise prices unlike shitcoins which, when dropped in price, will have a hard time rising and eventually become dead coins. That's why it's better to buy these major altcoins now because we can definitely make a big profit here. Especially when bitcoin prices start to rise.
That is something that often happens to new coin where when they are listed in exchange, the price slowly decreases and disappears. It is true that it is better to invest in a large altcoin or top altcoin to minimize this and also minimize the possibility of getting large losses. But do not forget to observe and determine at what point you will buy the coin and make no mistake in making decisions.
Activity: 821
Merit: 101
      The risk of losing your investment is much higher when you invest your money in someone else who is not so known. If you want to invest a large amount of money, for your peace of mind it is advisable to invest them in top currencies (such as ethereum, cardan, onthology). You can risk small amounts on unknown altcoins.
i agree on what you have said that dont invest in a project that is not known cause the risk will be higher compared to projects that is already on top 100 coins which will give you high percentage to get profit.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
Even when major / reputable coins are down, they still have the ability to raise prices unlike shitcoins which, when dropped in price, will have a hard time rising and eventually become dead coins. That's why it's better to buy these major altcoins now because we can definitely make a big profit here. Especially when bitcoin prices start to rise.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Long term is actually better to Bitcoin because the price is quite far if there is an increase or otherwise it makes Bitcoin suitable for the long term. It's actually a good altcoin can also be the origin of choosing with a really good project but it is better for short term only.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

Not every altcoin is going to die so you can actually invest on them when the prices of bitcoin is going to explode because it will also results in major altcoins o spike up from their current price.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 470
Telegram: @jperryC
I've been in the crypto industry for a fair amount of time and I haven't heard major altcoins that's been losing it's value. Just dropping price, yes. But not losing its value because every cryptocurrency have its own uses which can still be used no matter its value so i don't think only the price drops.

If you mean losing value is decreasing the price of a certain coin, well it's a natural scenario that you can find on the market we may say that we are on the bearish market for a period of time but it will soon be back to the bullish market you just need to have patience  Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
This really only depends on your own thoughts. You can't refer too much to the opinions of others. Otherwise, you will lose money. I think you will scold others. Investment is considered by yourself, so that you make money and lose money, all by yourself. For newbies, I suggest having space for time. Read more encrypted books. To learn about Bitcoin,...
Pages:
Jump to: