Pages:
Author

Topic: Calling top at $16500 (Even Newer!: $2483 bottom 19 Feb 2021 MtGox said so!) - page 38. (Read 24334 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
Dear BTC-Graphicdesigns,

I hope you are tethering the storm. It has been some time now since I heard from you, and I hope that you and your family are doing well. These are treacherous times, and ever I feel the advance of the red army. Fearful for my life, I remain in the bunker. Let us pray for better times.

I have heard news from the front that supplies have arrived from the tetheral reserve, it fills me with joy to think that our green comrades might once again march upon this battlefield. I only hope that, godspeed, it is enough.

Yours truly

Matilda (sgbett) Wink
legendary
Paging BTC-Graphicdesigns...

you were so confident before.... where you at? Surely you are convinced the resistance at 13k can never be breached Wink
legendary
legendary
Correct. Not to mention there is only one of us that intends to pay up in the very unlikely event they lose Wink
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
You wrote :

Your max downside is $1000

So you meant $10000 RIGHT?

When exactly end of the year -> set a date.

And we will be using Bitstamp right -> send a link.

Yes, because thats what "max downside" means. Its the maximum possible loss for you if you were to bet 0.1BTC because if the price goes to $10k and you have to pay me 0.1BTC that means you are $1000 worth of BTC out of pocket.

End of year means the end of the year. Thats when the clock strikes midnight Dec 31st 2018 (UTC). If at that point it never went below $10k on bitstamp. I pay you $1000 in BTC. Within 7 days.

If at any point prior to that it goes below $10,000 on bitstamp you send me $1000 in BCH. Within 7 days.

https://www.bitstamp.net (you had to ask for a link to bitstamp!?)

I fully realise that this is an entirely one way bet, because in the event you win I will pay, whereas when you lose I expect you to renege. You are an anonymous account, you haven't really got any reputation to consider. I am a bitcoin OG, a real person, with integrity and so if I lose I am compelled to go through with my promise.

Even knowing that to be likely, I'm still making the bet because that's how confident I am that I won't lose.

I can hold the the money in escrow for you guys.  Fee would be five percent of the total.

Err, think about the terms of the bet for a moment and you'll see why that's a bit pointless.

Not sure what you are referring too.  If they are serious and honorable men, they will find a workable solution.  I don't see either of them paying out without someone to mediate the agreement.

Ignoring the fact that if they are “serious and honourable men” they would pay up escrow or no escrow, just read the terms.

The amount payable is variable based on the future dollar value of BTC and/or BCH, but is payable in only one  of the two currencies depending on who wins. It is not a traditional wager where each party puts in a fixed amount and the winner takes all. So how much BTC and BCH would go into escrow today?

Activity: 696
Merit: 258
I guess Bitcoin can be worth more than $20000 in another one or two months. We cannot expect the highest price to be constant always and need to wait for bitcoin to slowly acquire the highest price instead of sudden spike and then sudden down side. Always slow and steady wins the race and it would be constant as well for substantial growth.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
This is quite old.. But we all know that bitcoin can not be worth more than $16500 right now, it is full of huge sell walls in those levels and it is impossible for bitcoin to break those walls at the moment (with the actual fud + incredible fear on almost all the social media)
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
You wrote :

Yes, because thats what "max downside" means. Its the maximum possible loss for you if you were to bet 0.1BTC because if the price goes to $10k and you have to pay me 0.1BTC that means you are $1000 worth of BTC out of pocket.

End of year means the end of the year. Thats when the clock strikes midnight Dec 31st 2018 (UTC). If at that point it never went below $10k on bitstamp. I pay you $1000 in BTC. Within 7 days.

If at any point prior to that it goes below $10,000 on bitstamp you send me $1000 in BCH. Within 7 days.

I fully realise that this is an entirely one way bet, because in the event you win I will pay, whereas when you lose I expect you to renege. You are an anonymous account, you haven't really got any reputation to consider. I am a bitcoin OG, a real person, with integrity and so if I lose I am compelled to go through with my promise.

Even knowing that to be likely, I'm still making the bet because that's how confident I am that I won't lose.

I can hold the the money in escrow for you guys.  Fee would be five percent of the total.

Err, think about the terms of the bet for a moment and you'll see why that's a bit pointless.

Not sure what you are referring too.  If they are serious and honorable men, they will find a workable solution.  I don't see either of them paying out without someone to mediate the agreement.
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
You wrote :

Activity: 55
Merit: 1
You wrote :

If you guys are serious, I can hold the coins in escrow for you guys.  Fee would be ten percent of the total coins.  

We can make a skype phone call and I'm willing to share my drivers license to see this deal go through.
legendary
You wrote :

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
You wrote :

legendary
I’ve played this game before Smiley

My max downside is infinite.

I *never* short anything. (Except fiat!)

How about, end of 2018 as a fair approximation of “ever again”

If I win I want $1k in BCH
You win I’ll send $1k in BTC

Bitstamp.

So you say it will be under $1000 by end of December?

Where do I say that?

The bet amount is £1k the price is $10k and the deadline is the end of the year.

If it goes under you lose if it gets to end of year without going below you win.

Bitstamp.

So you say it will be under $1000 by end of December?
legendary

Bitstamp.
So sgbett you gonna take the bet or not? If no, anybody else in this thread wanna take the bet?
Instead of your top, I'm calling a BOTTOM @ $16,500.

Think fast buddy, if it breaches $11,2 no more support til around $9,9...

So much easier to make a decision when you have time to think about it.

Yeah my previous bottom call was shit. Or not really shit if we hadn't had a black swan EOY sell off. But I didn't buy that bottom anyway.

I DID buy the $11,500 dip. Prepared again to buy @ $9900 if we go lower.

And you sgbett?

No chance! 2 reasons:

1. I always, in the past, bought back in too early on corrections. If I was gonna buy back in, I'd probably wait until I felt like the bottom was in for real (still thinking $3,7 but that is probably months if not years away). I'm no trader, trying to time local tops and bottoms for me is a mugs game.
2. I don't think BTC has the fundamentals to warrant a recovery this time. BCH is now Bitcoin for me, that is the one that will recover.

In 6 years I have remained incredibly consistent. I have never wavered in what I believe Bitcoin is (the concept, not the 'product'). I have always believed in global, digital p2p cash with massive worldwide adoption. Nothing has changed for me, except the name of the project following that vision.

How about taking on a bet instead of spreading FUD fool?
When do you think BTC will fall below $10000? I say never ever again?
Lets take a bet and you can put your Money where your mouth is!

I've had poor experiences with this in the past.

I'm still owed 1BTC from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10136405

You think I'll ever see that? heh, I doubt it too!

So exactly what kind of bet do you want to welch on? Wink

The way you have been talking in this thread, I believe that you think BTC will go under $10000. I say it never will go under $10000 again. We can put a fix date and see if BTC goes below $10000 anytime until that date. I would bet 0.10 BTC. Unless you want to bet more - no Problem. You call the bet and if I agree I will confirm it here in the thread.
legendary
Instead of your top, I'm calling a BOTTOM @ $16,500.

Think fast buddy, if it breaches $11,2 no more support til around $9,9...

So much easier to make a decision when you have time to think about it.

Yeah my previous bottom call was shit. Or not really shit if we hadn't had a black swan EOY sell off. But I didn't buy that bottom anyway.

I DID buy the $11,500 dip. Prepared again to buy @ $9900 if we go lower.

And you sgbett?

No chance! 2 reasons:

1. I always, in the past, bought back in too early on corrections. If I was gonna buy back in, I'd probably wait until I felt like the bottom was in for real (still thinking $3,7 but that is probably months if not years away). I'm no trader, trying to time local tops and bottoms for me is a mugs game.
2. I don't think BTC has the fundamentals to warrant a recovery this time. BCH is now Bitcoin for me, that is the one that will recover.

In 6 years I have remained incredibly consistent. I have never wavered in what I believe Bitcoin is (the concept, not the 'product'). I have always believed in global, digital p2p cash with massive worldwide adoption. Nothing has changed for me, except the name of the project following that vision.

How about taking on a bet instead of spreading FUD fool?
When do you think BTC will fall below $10000? I say never ever again?
Lets take a bet and you can put your Money where your mouth is!

I've had poor experiences with this in the past.

I'm still owed 1BTC from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10136405

You think I'll ever see that? heh, I doubt it too!

So exactly what kind of bet do you want to welch on? Wink
legendary
pfft..that was so last year.

price above 16,5k ? yah

*grumbles*

I dont know what I hate more...that your right or I am wrong. 

On that note..my feeble attempt at analysis does suggest a weakening over the next 24 hours....but..I am still expecting this coming friday to be entertaining.

My $60ish coins still feel bullish my friend.

Indeed, a local top doesn't automatically mean its going to zero Smiley I'm pretty sure all OG's will *never* lose.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069
And still, here we are... no getting over it.... Bitfinex keep pumping out Tether, sell pressure keeps bringing it back down...

~$16.5 was your top, give or take.

Such boldness. Calling a top at $16,5k and the year has only begun. Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: