Pages:
Author

Topic: Calling top at $16500 (Even Newer!: $2483 bottom 19 Feb 2021 MtGox said so!) - page 39. (Read 24334 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Instead of your top, I'm calling a BOTTOM @ $16,500.

Think fast buddy, if it breaches $11,2 no more support til around $9,9...

So much easier to make a decision when you have time to think about it.

Yeah my previous bottom call was shit. Or not really shit if we hadn't had a black swan EOY sell off. But I didn't buy that bottom anyway.

I DID buy the $11,500 dip. Prepared again to buy @ $9900 if we go lower.

And you sgbett?

No chance! 2 reasons:

1. I always, in the past, bought back in too early on corrections. If I was gonna buy back in, I'd probably wait until I felt like the bottom was in for real (still thinking $3,7 but that is probably months if not years away). I'm no trader, trying to time local tops and bottoms for me is a mugs game.
2. I don't think BTC has the fundamentals to warrant a recovery this time. BCH is now Bitcoin for me, that is the one that will recover.

In 6 years I have remained incredibly consistent. I have never wavered in what I believe Bitcoin is (the concept, not the 'product'). I have always believed in global, digital p2p cash with massive worldwide adoption. Nothing has changed for me, except the name of the project following that vision.

How about taking on a bet instead of spreading FUD fool?
When do you think BTC will fall below $10000? I say never ever again?
Lets take a bet and you can put your Money where your mouth is!
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141
pfft..that was so last year.

price above 16,5k ? yah

*grumbles*

I dont know what I hate more...that your right or I am wrong. 

On that note..my feeble attempt at analysis does suggest a weakening over the next 24 hours....but..I am still expecting this coming friday to be entertaining.

My $60ish coins still feel bullish my friend.
Activity: 55
Merit: 1

price above 16,5k ? yah

Hi sgbett!  I'm new to TA.  What do you mean when you call a top?  How far down from the top are we headed?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141
legendary
And still, here we are... no getting over it.... Bitfinex keep pumping out Tether, sell pressure keeps bringing it back down...

~$16.5 was your top, give or take.
legendary

Yeah my previous bottom call was shit. Or not really shit if we hadn't had a black swan EOY sell off. But I didn't buy that bottom anyway.

And you sgbett?

I see most of the users here are Legendary members so I really think your thougts are important and valuable for relatively less experienced users like me for instance. So I wonder do you think the long term (1,2,3 years) situation for bitcoin broken? Or do you think it will maintain its upwards trend in the following years as well?

Meh, everyone is "legendary" these-days. The rating system doesn't scale Wink

Go back and read posts from when satoshi was around, and the discussion going on then. Read old posts from speculation subforum. The history this forum contains is incredible.

I was a Bitcoin permabull for years, nothing shook that. Now I think its broken, and that makes me sad.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hello,

Its been a while.

Imagine for a second that we are nearing the blow off top, I'm looking out for where we might ultimately form a new baseline (background)

I'm going to say ~$3700 looks good

https://i.imgur.com/TZxXwQE.png

As you all know, this run up started around $200

$200 to $3700 is $3500 increase. If we do a fib retrace of 78.6%, working the math we end up with that $3500 representing 12.4% of the overall expected gain before it corrects. That gives 3500/0.124 => $16300 gain.

$16,300 + starting point of $200 = $16,500

BTC Will Go up 20.000$ in 1 month.
legendary

And you sgbett?

No chance! 2 reasons:

1. I always, in the past, bought back in too early on corrections. If I was gonna buy back in, I'd probably wait until I felt like the bottom was in for real (still thinking $3,7 but that is probably months if not years away). I'm no trader, trying to time local tops and bottoms for me is a mugs game.
2. I don't think BTC has the fundamentals to warrant a recovery this time. BCH is now Bitcoin for me, that is the one that will recover.

In 6 years I have remained incredibly consistent. I have never wavered in what I believe Bitcoin is (the concept, not the 'product'). I have always believed in global, digital p2p cash with massive worldwide adoption. Nothing has changed for me, except the name of the project following that vision.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069
So I wonder do you think the long term (1,2,3 years) situation for bitcoin broken? Or do you think it will maintain its upwards trend in the following years as well?

It'll be WAAAY up from here in 2-3 years. You'll be shocked.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250

And you sgbett?

I see most of the users here are Legendary members so I really think your thougts are important and valuable for relatively less experienced users like me for instance. So I wonder do you think the long term (1,2,3 years) situation for bitcoin broken? Or do you think it will maintain its upwards trend in the following years as well?

legendary

And you sgbett?
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
$11,441 is the old November top which I've seen referenced a few times via Fibonacci levels. It relates to the ATH and the first pullback area of $15,771 which failed to hold and then was a top at midnight. Again I'd be looking for significant reaction in this area.

Here is the graph I drew end Nov, I think its relevant now as we retrace old volume areas.

legendary

legendary

Heh. Not as easy as it looks this speculation game Wink

So,  just to put into perspective how great I am Cool lets do some math.

Say you bought in at the previous ATH of $1260, and you sold when I called top at $16500. You made 1300% by being able to see what was coming with reasonable accuracy.

Instead you held because "that sgbett is a hack, he's a BCH shill just trash talking BTC because he wants it to crash. All that talk of him still having some is BS, he's lying". (despite a 6 year history of being pretty straight up honest, being trivially identifiable as a real human being, with a real reputation)

right now its $11,8 and falling your profit is 936% and you are holding, what do you do?
legendary
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Hello,

Its been a while.

Imagine for a second that we are nearing the blow off top, I'm looking out for where we might ultimately form a new baseline (background)

I'm going to say ~$3700 looks good

As you all know, this run up started around $200

$200 to $3700 is $3500 increase. If we do a fib retrace of 78.6%, working the math we end up with that $3500 representing 12.4% of the overall expected gain before it corrects. That gives 3500/0.124 => $16300 gain.

$16,300 + starting point of $200 = $16,500

Think about $ 50000
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
Read a bit further up the thread, I'm what some might call a "bcash shill" and even I am saying we could see anything up to $80k in the short term.

I don't get it sgbett. How did you become a BCash shill and still be rooting for Bitcoin?

You do realize that when Bitcoin gets a block size increase (and it WILL eventually) then BCash will become completely obsolete?

Pity its taking so long.   I think the fix for transactions has to be scalable, this is a favourite criticism of many mainstream pundits that this whole crypto 'economy' is just a side show and would fail if tested.
So far BTC fee structure has proven them right which should not have been allowed to occur really.   I think any solution has to allow side chains of some sort and security is selectable by the user by the needs they have and of course the size of the transaction.   We dont need coffee to the same security as a house purchase clearly, but the layout of BTC so far lacks that clarity.

The top is nearer 19 to 20k and the current pullback is within that bullish rise.   I'm quite surprised people are so wary when not a vast sell in percentage terms.   All the way back to 15,713 is still quite strong.  A mid way marker for the nervous I will call $17,155    thats just a speed hump between those two larger boundaries
Activity: 317
Merit: 252
Looks to me like the most recent Tether injection has not resulted in the uptrend resuming with the same strength it was... i've trimmed my BTC exposure. Good luck to all remaining longs! ;P

(more fool me if it suddenly blasts through 20k though hehe!)

I am feeling so woozy, I am about to vomit. What is going on with the price? Help.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347
Looks to me like the most recent Tether injection has not resulted in the uptrend resuming with the same strength it was... i've trimmed my BTC exposure. Good luck to all remaining longs! ;P

(more fool me if it suddenly blasts through 20k though hehe!)

Anyone can buy bitcoin, including the banksters.

So its easy to imagine they shorting it after CME futures launch, to win their bets and create a snowball effect.

Luckily for us, the positions are being quickly bought by people eager to jump in.

Pages:
Jump to: