Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 114. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 258
August 24, 2017, 11:56:09 AM
No, it won't... but obviously, it can make the rich richer... and the middle class, rich.

The poor will remain poor because they do not have money to invest in bitcoins. The only way to end poverty is to at least take money from the rich and spread it equally over the poor, but of course that is close enough to impossible. If only we could go back to 2009, amigo... we could have probably mined plenty of bitcoins and give 1 to each poor people and tell them to strictly HODL it until 2017. In that way, the rich won't have an option but to buy high from the poor... therefore we legally take away money from them and give it to the poor.
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
August 24, 2017, 11:45:13 AM
Maybe, i think so , you know why, bitcoin is the most valuable token in this internet generation, bitcoin continuously increasing day by day so if people save atleast 1 bitcoin they will rich someday for sure,
Activity: 97
Merit: 11
August 24, 2017, 11:40:54 AM
NO. Maybe it can, ONLY to those people who knows bitcoin. But what do you think of those poor people who doesn't know a single thing about it? Of course, not. They can only end poverty of those people who knows btc but cannot actually end WORLD poverty.
Activity: 336
August 24, 2017, 08:50:12 AM
No, bitcoin can not change poverty. The rich will only become richer, and the poor can only occasionally receive some money as a charity. Here, the state should think of a way out of this situation.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
August 24, 2017, 07:00:54 AM
No, I think the idea itself is pretty much ridiculous. No offense, but I don't see how bitcoin can put an end to such a major issue as world poverty. It's more of an investment opportunity than a currency. And it will always be too costly to invest in for very large groups of people that are hardcore poor.

I think you are missing the point. Like Bill gates said, Blockchain technology showed us how cheap it can be, there are millions of middle man in every single industry, those guys adding up the cost of almost everything. With Blockchain technoloy we dont need middle mans anymore, there are smartcontracts, there are coins which transfer the value faster and cheaper than fiat currency etc. That is why Blockchain will reduce the cost of almost everything, no more need of middleman. And there are more things will come, we cant even imagine right now. Industrial age is over my friend

Allow me to not understand how buying online tickets for my traveling to Bahamas without a middle man will help people with water shortage in zambia.
The blockchain technology will only help those who can afford to use it, those who have the money.

The ones earning 2$ a month will still be earning 2$ a month, blockchain or no blockchain.

Yes, it is possible that bitcoin will end world poverty in the future because bitcoin open oppurtunities to people to have a source of income

Yeah right, bitcoin will solve everything. Poverty, climate, water shortages, food shortages, cure for HIV...
How do you get a source of income from btc when 5% of the world does not have access to continuous  electric energy?

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 24, 2017, 06:47:44 AM
Yes, it is possible that bitcoin will end world poverty in the future because bitcoin open oppurtunities to people to have a source of income

Dude, people will have sources of income with bitcoin that they can use for spending but it can't solve a problem as major as world poverty. There are government and agencies where the solution has to start from. Btc is far from capable of solving this by itself.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
August 24, 2017, 05:33:37 AM
In order to reply to such a question, I think it is necessary to start off with the idea that poverty and wealth are subjective notions. Of course we can identify threshold, for example if you don't have enough ressources to feed yourself, you are probably more dealing with misery than wealth.

But when you're done with what life requires, when the needs are fulfilled, only desires are left to be satisfied. Shifting from needs to desires is very problematic because it completely disrupt what anyone could consider as necessary or not given its own point of view (which is influenced by its environment globally speaking (culture, climate, language, ...)).

In Europe, food wasting is almost reaching 30% of the ressources. What does it say about our perception of poverty and wealth ? As food is not a concern anymore in rich countries, the notion of wealth shifts to less necessary goods (electronics, luxury, clothes ...)

What is Bitcoin, as a currency, going to change into this system ? It is hard to see any modification of the global behaviour which is to constantly produce and acquire more goods, and to finally shift our desires to something that is newly designed and that we consider we lack. As a currency, Bitcoin will act the same as any other currency : provide a way to ensure that those new goods can be desired and exchanged by individuals.
Activity: 200
SWISSBORG- THE NEW ERA OF CRYPTO WEALTH MANAGEMENT
August 24, 2017, 05:23:42 AM
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
August 24, 2017, 04:57:58 AM
Bitcoin does not help to solve the problem of world poverty, because that he is like gold. The rich will use it to make more investments, and the poor will have a much lower financial position.

It can help to solve every bitcoin user to get out of poverty depending on how he is working with it. And this is a fact, you know how to make grow your investment and it just doesn't grow without doing anything. Unless you are a big time holder and you hold a lot of bitcoin then you can contribute and lessen the people who are in the poverty line.
Activity: 132
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
August 24, 2017, 04:57:01 AM
I think No, but it helps lessen poverty. Bitcoin can't help people to search for job and work hard for their daily needs, It only depends on people if they work hard for them to help themselves.
Activity: 336
August 24, 2017, 04:52:13 AM
Bitcoin does not help to solve the problem of world poverty, because that he is like gold. The rich will use it to make more investments, and the poor will have a much lower financial position.
Activity: 293
August 24, 2017, 04:38:32 AM
No, I think the idea itself is pretty much ridiculous. No offense, but I don't see how bitcoin can put an end to such a major issue as world poverty. It's more of an investment opportunity than a currency. And it will always be too costly to invest in for very large groups of people that are hardcore poor.

bitcoin is doing its level best to reduce the poverty but it will take some to finish it completely bitcoin is providing good sources of income not only to me a lot of needy people they who has no source of income and poverty is a universal problem and a lot of people are still not aware of the bitcoin and some countries are not having internet access so it can reduce poverty to some extent however it is a good effort bitcoin can do it and it will happen soon.
This topic is really so deep. Poverty alone is a very serious problem. Bitcoin can end poverty unless, the rich who gets richer due to bitcoin will be able to share their money to those who are poor or give it to authorities so that those who are in authority can make action plans on how to provide employment to those who do not have income and provide education to those who can't afford to go to school and most importantly to make people learn financial education so that they will know how money works. So if that scenario will happen, then I think poverty will be solved. But the question is, are they willing to share?Are we willing to give and share?
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
August 24, 2017, 03:35:36 AM

bitcoin is doing its level best to reduce the poverty but it will take some to finish it completely bitcoin is providing good sources of income not only to me a lot of needy people they who has no source of income and poverty is a universal problem and a lot of people are still not aware of the bitcoin and some countries are not having internet access so it can reduce poverty to some extent however it is a good effort bitcoin can do it and it will happen soon.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
August 23, 2017, 04:33:42 PM

It is not much ridiculous but definitely bitcoins all alone cannot end poverty. Bitcoins are though providing opportunities to many for earning their livelihoods and this is helping them to improve the economy of their respective countries. But for poverty, governments should work hand in hand with bitcoins. 
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
August 23, 2017, 12:44:28 PM

I think you are missing the point. Like Bill gates said, Blockchain technology showed us how cheap it can be, there are millions of middle man in every single industry, those guys adding up the cost of almost everything. With Blockchain technoloy we dont need middle mans anymore, there are smartcontracts, there are coins which transfer the value faster and cheaper than fiat currency etc. That is why Blockchain will reduce the cost of almost everything, no more need of middleman. And there are more things will come, we cant even imagine right now. Industrial age is over my friend

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
August 23, 2017, 11:28:25 AM
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
August 23, 2017, 10:58:13 AM
According to the World Bank, 70% of the world’s population does not have access to basic financial services. In the United States, one of the world’s wealthiest countries, about 50% of the population does not have access to basic financial services, including bank accounts. There is a huge amount of people around the world that do not get to experience, and be a part of, the global economy, because they don’t have access to the financial system for a variety of reasons. I do think the blockchain technology will lift a lot of people out of poverty, but will also be an inclusive technology that allows more people to engage in global commerce.

Pretty soon, smart phones may be had for less than five dollars each – this is basically right around the corner. Nearly every person living in poverty on earth will have access to a smart phone and be connected to a network. That is game changing in and of itself. When you have digital wallets on these phones, and the ability to trade assets, we are going to answer the question “What happens when everybody has money?” Capitalism itself has thrived in some areas by the natural exclusion of others from markets. It actually uses that scarcity principle as its driving basis. So, what happens when money is not scarce?

We do not have to have people living in squalor and fighting for a handful of rice every day. There is too many resources in the world to live like that anymore.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/worlds-cheapest-smartphone-costs-5-and-doesnt-seem-terrible-at-all-20160218-gmy2f2.html

The Revolution Will Not Be Centralized.
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
August 23, 2017, 10:50:27 AM
Bitcoin can not complete world poverty. Its price today is too high and for the poor it will be very difficult to earn or even buy. It's an investment, not a wand of poverty.

I also think that bitcoin can not solve the problem of poverty. It  can help rich people become even richer through investment. But  poor people still will not have access to bitcoin.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
August 23, 2017, 09:09:31 AM
Well, what BTC and other cryptos do is open the door to end world hunger. By taking the power away from the centralized institutions and putting it back in the peoples hands, true innovation can start to sprout. When you have a government entity or corporate banking entity hanging a dark cloud over your finances, innovation shrinks up. That is another reason you have seen a massive explosion of ICO's and innovative ideas, just simply because this technology will revolutionize the way we use and interact with "money", as well as goods and services. Smiley
Activity: 1652
Merit: 299
August 23, 2017, 08:54:20 AM
Bitcoin cant end world poverty but it surely can reduce the poverty level in the world today. Looking at the way bitcoin is rising all that one needs to do is just to buy little bitcoins and keep and be optimistic that the price will rise in the future.
Jump to: