Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 119. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 544
August 15, 2017, 10:23:12 AM
Maybe if everyone in the world knows bitcoin and invests bitcoin. Poverty in the world will be resolved. Bitcoin will give them a lot of income. Maybe the world needs to know bitcoin. So that all people in the world are far from poverty. I think this is an effective way to eliminate the poverty that exists in the world. See bitcoin as a good and profitable investment. I'm sure if all countries legalize bitcoin .. maybe a big change will happen. Poverty will decrease

I agree with you.  Bitcoin can help at least lessen the poverty in the world.  So the first step would be for each country to legalize bitcoin then people will be aware of it.  Of course knowledge in computer is required also supply of electricity and internet connection would be necessary.  And important is the knowledge in bitcoin as it is the real reason that they can able to earn money.  Even out of school people from different level and different gender can earn through bitcoins. 
Activity: 455
Merit: 106
August 15, 2017, 10:03:19 AM

Definitely "No", but it can ease people suffering by earning a profit enough for him/her. But in the end, bitcoin can only contribute to lessen a portion of financial problem. A massive problem like poverty, bitcoin is not sufficient to end a thing like that. Bitcoin can only do a little thing regarding poverty, one such problem is not gonna end that easily.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 15, 2017, 09:44:48 AM
Maybe if everyone in the world knows bitcoin and invests bitcoin. Poverty in the world will be resolved. Bitcoin will give them a lot of income. Maybe the world needs to know bitcoin. So that all people in the world are far from poverty. I think this is an effective way to eliminate the poverty that exists in the world. See bitcoin as a good and profitable investment. I'm sure if all countries legalize bitcoin .. maybe a big change will happen. Poverty will decrease
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
August 15, 2017, 09:24:08 AM
Interesting read. I think Bitcoin can help lessen the world's poverty, in fact this is already happening, but it's happening at a very slow pace, the biggest change has to come from people themselves.
Yes, you really shouldn’t blame some people for not using bitcoin or for not knowing about it. There are people who doesn’t have access to internet, or can’t afford to pay Internet bill. So you don’t really need to blame them. You will never know this until they tell you. They don’t have money for food, so they need food before talking about internet.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
August 14, 2017, 07:47:57 PM
Definitely not. More precisely, reducing poverty in the world because it is impossible to eliminate all poverty in the world. The cause of world poverty is very complicated. So how can poor people buy it if they do not have internet access. Bitcoin is only beneficial for some people.
I agree that Bitcoin cannot eradicated world poverty. It is indeed a result of many phenomenon, such as war, disease outbreak, lack of fundings (like in communist countries, they prefer military than the welfare of the citizens) etc.

Indeed you need internet but you don't need to buy Bicoin earn, there are many ways.
Yeah thats is true, I think the problem of poverty does not happen just for the reason of not having a job but more complicated than that. Maybe if poverty is just because of not having a job, then bitcoin can provide help to get out of poverty but the problem is more than that, such as a lack of resources, lack of knowledge, lack of experience, etc.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 14, 2017, 07:23:02 PM
Definitely not. More precisely, reducing poverty in the world because it is impossible to eliminate all poverty in the world. The cause of world poverty is very complicated. So how can poor people buy it if they do not have internet access. Bitcoin is only beneficial for some people.
I agree that Bitcoin cannot eradicated world poverty. It is indeed a result of many phenomenon, such as war, disease outbreak, lack of fundings (like in communist countries, they prefer military than the welfare of the citizens) etc.

Indeed you need internet but you don't need to buy Bicoin earn, there are many ways.
yes that is right in fact that is not so easy job, because still majority of people even do not know about bitcoin and most most the people are even illiterate and therefore they do not have any opportunity to learn about bitcoin and getting profit from it.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
August 14, 2017, 05:50:51 PM
Ending poverty has no assurance but easing and make their living easier may be the best answer and it is still depends on the holder of bitcoin, will that person participate on helping to end poverty?. But, we cannot conclude just like everyone is posting here, it may or may not only time will tell, but wholeheartedly, i can say that this could be possible, let's be hopeful.
You are right in saying that it always depends on the person jolding the Bitcoin or the money because even if someone handed a solution for you in having the money the individual always has the decision on where to spend it. For example there is a cash incentive given by the government instead of using it for investment they will ise it on gambling, beer, and other vices in which won't fix our problem with poverty. I think that we need to invest more in the education of these people before giving them a solution for money.
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
August 14, 2017, 05:10:29 PM

Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
August 13, 2017, 04:17:44 AM
i doubt it, in reality the rich will buy up bitcoin before the poor can and will own a large percentage of it. It can help them if they have enough money to save, but that wont help poor people in the moment. Most poor people cant afford and bitcoin because they are living paycheck to paycheck.
I think they do not have to buy bitcoin first, I know the price of bitcoin is expensive and it only has a little money, and they will not be able to use their money for investment. They can get bitcoin for free of course with patience, they can benefit and improve their lives
Bitcoin to end world poverty is an tedious process, because bitcoin is an storage token that helps the elite people to keep hold of a large amount. In terms of world poverty What's required to eliminate the poverty level is by educating the people around the world. When one is educated automatically they will start earning through some way.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
August 13, 2017, 04:02:38 AM
Ending poverty has no assurance but easing and make their living easier may be the best answer and it is still depends on the holder of bitcoin, will that person participate on helping to end poverty?. But, we cannot conclude just like everyone is posting here, it may or may not only time will tell, but wholeheartedly, i can say that this could be possible, let's be hopeful.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 13, 2017, 01:48:57 AM
With bitcoin they can have a chance to earn a decent income that is able to meet their living expenses. Although this certainly requires knowledge and ability to take advantage of existing advantages in bitcoin.
However if you to learn about bitcoin of course we will be able to get bitcoin well and able to make Bitcoin as source of income.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
August 12, 2017, 11:59:22 PM
i doubt it, in reality the rich will buy up bitcoin before the poor can and will own a large percentage of it. It can help them if they have enough money to save, but that wont help poor people in the moment. Most poor people cant afford and bitcoin because they are living paycheck to paycheck.
I think they do not have to buy bitcoin first, I know the price of bitcoin is expensive and it only has a little money, and they will not be able to use their money for investment. They can get bitcoin for free of course with patience, they can benefit and improve their lives
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
August 12, 2017, 11:24:11 PM
I could not say that this question is answerable with yes but maybe in the future since Information Technology is for everyone, but unfortunately, not all countries have access to the world wide web or the cyberspace that makes a big gap between humankind and technology.

For now, i would leave it to no.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
August 12, 2017, 11:06:37 PM
I think no because poverty can now be considered as worldwide sickness which has no cure. If your basis to say that because bitcoin provides income online to help those people in need, then it is not enough to treat or end world poverty because money or currency is not enough to stop it due to the fact that money is not the only thing we need. We also need food that comes from natural resources and that money cannot provide. Bitcoin is not that powerful to think that it can end world poverty. It may just lessen its effect on people.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
August 12, 2017, 10:59:18 PM
No i think bitcoin cannot end the worlds poverty.the bitcoin is only an intrument even if it is so expensive but the people arround in this world dont have an interest and  didnt work for it i think bitcoin wont work at all.in short we the people who live  in one society is the key to end the poverty if we all work as one.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
August 12, 2017, 08:37:58 PM
I have a very interesting questions: How will the poor peaple get a PC? How will they learn about the bitcoin? How will they get it? All these questions show that the bitcoin will never eradicate poverty in the world. Rich people and dont even know what the bitcoin is right now. Then the poor .........
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 12, 2017, 03:18:55 PM
Activity: 390
Merit: 100
August 12, 2017, 01:40:36 PM
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 12, 2017, 01:25:00 PM
Money is moving like in a poker game. The poor people's money is not away, it's just owned by somebody else Cheesy

So the answer is as broad as the question itself. Potentially and theoretically yes, but for what does it not apply nowadays. I think it depends on what the people want. And also, poverty is caused by capitalism, not by our money system.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
August 12, 2017, 01:20:48 PM
I think, one of the key origins of poverty is financial inequality, created by banking system.

There's a lot of countries with zero mortgage interest rates and lots of money.
Wherein, there's a lot of countries with 3 billions of people living there, where interest rates on credits are as high as 30%.
And all traditional banks in such countries are working like pawnshops for SMEs: you need to have huge collateral just to begin talking to the bank manager.

Also, current financial system almost blocking intercontinental money transfer to dozens of countries. For example, Western Union takes up to 20% of payment if you're trying to send money from EU to Africa.

So, the money are locked up and money distribution is weird.

Thats why we've decided to launch cross-border p2p-interchange project, based on cryptocurrencies.
Hope, our social experiment will be successful enough Smiley

You are talking about Africa, but how can you explain the complex blockchain project to an illiterate farmer from Zimbabwe?

You don't really need to understand the intricacies of Bitcoin to be able to use it, the same way that you don't need to understand the way an engine in a car works in order to drive it.  From a user standpoint, you just need to understand that a transaction has a sender and a recipient.  At the moment I agree that it's mostly adopted by more tech savvy folks, but the user interface will get easier to use for people that aren't.
Jump to: