Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 64. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
November 18, 2017, 07:18:09 PM
No it can't . Bitcoin is limited and can only occupy a large space of population but our necessecities are unlimited. Poverty won't end , it will just pass family generation to another generation but bitcoin would probably help to lessen the number of poor.
Yes i also agree with you, i also do not think that it can be possible in present time that bitcoin wil lend world poverty, because bitcoin is a currency and i do not think that a currency can help in controlling world poverty, and specially for a very new emerging currency where the users of such currency are not more than 2% of the totally population of the world.
Activity: 105
Merit: 12
November 18, 2017, 05:38:24 PM
no because even if you have the good intention to share or to teach other people about it they would not still jump to it and just believe on the traditional business and other profession or job that they may have.  It is also a process of collaboration to the government of each country to the community because if it is legal to one country then it would be easier to transact bitcoin rather than a country who banned bitcoin and didn't accept as their money for payment.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 17, 2017, 01:12:22 PM
my opinion, maybe not.
Because, reducing poverty not only recognize bitcoin alone.
But there must be cooperation between state governments.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
November 17, 2017, 12:57:51 PM
No it can't . Bitcoin is limited and can only occupy a large space of population but our necessecities are unlimited. Poverty won't end , it will just pass family generation to another generation but bitcoin would probably help to lessen the number of poor.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
November 17, 2017, 12:46:51 PM
If you believe in bitcoin or whichever cryptocurrency that takes over as the leader of this space as a store of value and means of accounting, it will help alleviate some symptoms of poverty.

Without having to store fiat in a bank or other financial intermediaries, one minimises his risk of being "robbed" of his money should our current financial system encounter another crash and these banks collapse.

Another angle you can look at is the accessibility of investment products for the "less wealthy". In most countries, setting up an investment account comes with administrative fees, minimum investment sums that will deter the young adults with limited savings or the poor. Crypto exchanges in this competitive space mostly charge low fees, and participation in token sales/ICOs cost a fraction of traditional IPOs, and offer potentially much higher returns. This provides an attractive avenue for young and less wealthy investors to park their money.

Of course this is an optimistic view of crypto markets, things can go very wrong in the near future.
Indeed, Bitcoin will decrease the rate of poverty in the whole world but it will take more long time because this a major problem in most of the countries and bitcoin is the main way which can reduce the rate of this problem because bitcoin is giving chances to all type of people in the world of jobs which can earn money by setting in their home.
You forget Bitcoin is only a cryptocurrency and almost the income can earn from Bitcoin are from trading it. You can not call campaign or freelancer are the job of Bitcoin. Because before we have Bitcoin, freelancer can still make money and get payment through others gate payment.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
November 17, 2017, 05:58:48 AM
Bitcoin can lessen poverty but can never end poverty.

The effect will be insignificant. For someone with zero money, Bitcoins doesn't matter much. He may not be having a bank account and he may never think about creating a Bitcoin wallet. As a currency/asset, Bitcoins are more suited for the middle class and the rich elite.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
November 17, 2017, 05:50:38 AM

This is true. The good thing about bitcoin is that it is not just for people who are already rich or has enough in life. It is also for people who are poor. As long as they have enough knowledge and background in bitcoin, then there's no problem.
Activity: 196
Merit: 20
November 17, 2017, 04:47:35 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin cannot end the world poverty because poverty is one of the problem of many country that until now they cannot control to be stopped.
But I think bitcoin can help only to lessen most of the people that jobless, no permanent income to support their family lives.
So for me, bitcoin can lessen the poverty but will not end the poverty.
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
November 17, 2017, 04:16:42 AM
Bitcoin can lessen poverty but can never end poverty.
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
November 17, 2017, 03:56:28 AM
yes why not.bitcoin is great.more focus more earn.bitcointalk is for who those have no job at this time but it is also possible for those who have already work .
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
November 17, 2017, 03:37:46 AM
It can definitely end the number one problem of our economy nowadays which is poverty. Specially in out country,i admit we have this problem which is severely. That is why i consider bitcoin as a blessing to everyone. If a certain person would put so much effort to bitcoin, with perseverance and patience, nothing is impossible. It can end world's poverty. We all can witness the standing of bitcoin in the market, it has an exchange rate which is very high compared to all other currency from different parts of the world. Its very unbelievable and amazing indeed, yet it has been helping thousands of people already. Thats why it is really the answer to poverty that the world have been experiencing.
Activity: 79
November 17, 2017, 03:19:47 AM
i think so because bitcoin can reduce unemployed by just using bitcoin for me bitcoin can be source of income
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
November 16, 2017, 02:42:42 AM
Bitcoin is able to reduce the weakness of human resources to optimal, the current civilization system requires the community to follow the strata of business and education to be actively involved and reactive. In my opinion, bitcoin will help many countries to get rid of this problem and their duty is just mandatory to make strong regulations on crypto currency.
Activity: 163
Merit: 0
November 16, 2017, 02:41:47 AM
If you believe in bitcoin or whichever cryptocurrency that takes over as the leader of this space as a store of value and means of accounting, it will help alleviate some symptoms of poverty.

Without having to store fiat in a bank or other financial intermediaries, one minimises his risk of being "robbed" of his money should our current financial system encounter another crash and these banks collapse.

Another angle you can look at is the accessibility of investment products for the "less wealthy". In most countries, setting up an investment account comes with administrative fees, minimum investment sums that will deter the young adults with limited savings or the poor. Crypto exchanges in this competitive space mostly charge low fees, and participation in token sales/ICOs cost a fraction of traditional IPOs, and offer potentially much higher returns. This provides an attractive avenue for young and less wealthy investors to park their money.

Of course this is an optimistic view of crypto markets, things can go very wrong in the near future.
Indeed, Bitcoin will decrease the rate of poverty in the whole world but it will take more long time because this a major problem in most of the countries and bitcoin is the main way which can reduce the rate of this problem because bitcoin is giving chances to all type of people in the world of jobs which can earn money by setting in their home.

Sadly, poverty is a multi-faceted problem caused by politics/corruption, lack of quality education, access to a reasonable job market and more. Bitcoin and other altcoins at the end of it all are just tools to HELP solve these issues, and not the full solution.
Activity: 89
November 16, 2017, 02:33:04 AM

Activity: 163
November 16, 2017, 02:25:20 AM

Activity: 672
Merit: 176
November 16, 2017, 01:50:07 AM
I read the article and the only thing they talk about bringing people out of poverty is for people to have a way to verify they own something, they are not talking about a way for bitcoin to generate wealth but bitcoin as a way to prove that you own a particular piece of land and to me that is not going to bring anyone out of poverty since they are not generating new wealth.
here I agree with you and even more can say in this matter that bitcoin is not as accessible to society as everyone thinks. a poor man, is a man always with limitations in the possibilities.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
November 16, 2017, 12:48:22 AM
I read the article and the only thing they talk about bringing people out of poverty is for people to have a way to verify they own something, they are not talking about a way for bitcoin to generate wealth but bitcoin as a way to prove that you own a particular piece of land and to me that is not going to bring anyone out of poverty since they are not generating new wealth.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
November 15, 2017, 11:11:16 PM
Yes but this is limited to those who do not know. Of course if you do not know about bitcoins you will not have the chance to earn it here. And another is not because you have bitcoins that will make you rich and end your poverty. You also need to be diligent and persevering to multiply it and find out the result. In other words, even if you have bitcoins if you do not get diligent, nothing will happen.
Activity: 14
November 15, 2017, 10:40:21 PM

Ending poverty in bitcoin is a long process. If you're thinking that bitcoin can totally change the world you must take in the considerations that government is the number one cause of it. Rift the corrupt government first and slowly the bitcoin can make a huge contribution on the economy.
Pages:
Jump to: