Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown? - page 6. (Read 2875 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 100
April 21, 2018, 01:58:42 PM
What can Bitcoin ever be shutdown? This may well be an electromagnetic cataclysm of a global scale, completely blocking electricity. And if seriously, it does not occur that it can be. Blokchain it's a hydra Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
April 21, 2018, 01:34:44 PM
I think that it is almost impossible. I suppose that BTC will exist while criptocurrency will be used. Due to recent criptocurrency growth and development BTC has good chance to survive Smiley
Activity: 390
April 21, 2018, 01:29:42 PM
You would essentially need to shut down internet to shutdown bitcoin. while bitcoin is one of the most resilient pieces of software around, it requires the availability of the internet in order to operate.
Activity: 378
Merit: 114
April 21, 2018, 01:19:19 PM
There are lots of thing can be says about thing. Of course, Bitcoin is a human invention, to serve the human need, if at any point a general consensus can be arranged and its decided we don't need this invention, or that we humans deem it unfit to serve as legal tender, it will loose value so quick that it would be like it is shutdown even before the main shutdown. lets see what happen
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
April 21, 2018, 01:13:33 PM
It is very difficult to shutdown bitcoin. Yes, if there is no electricity and internet connection, bitcoin will stop functioning and eventually it will die. Another scenario is if all the government bans it, then it will have adverse affect on its life.
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
April 21, 2018, 12:55:01 PM
Sooner or later bitcoin will be removed from the first positions, but it will remain as the first currency had changed the world. And new technologies are already being implemented and this can not be stopped
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
April 21, 2018, 12:40:57 PM
I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
if the internet access network is gone from the face of this earth may be new bitcoin lost but I think bitcoin forward growing with the development of technology and development era
aside from internet there is no other may reason can be bitcoin may ever have to shutdown for therefore bitcoin will lead specially when the times of it got may become more so good and people accept it more.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
April 21, 2018, 12:37:26 PM
I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
if the internet access network is gone from the face of this earth may be new bitcoin lost but I think bitcoin forward growing with the development of technology and development era
Activity: 192
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 12:36:14 PM
this might happen if people even the whole world do not use bitcoin anymore. But for now impossible bitcoin can be shutdown. Because there are still many people who want it.
Activity: 451
Merit: 15
Investor
April 21, 2018, 12:12:11 PM
Bitcoib couldn't possibly be illegalized in every country. That would mark a global chaos among the common men and tge government. Moreover, I don't think bitcoin would ever be shut down. This might take something as completely shutting down the use if internet to benable to whittle down bitcoin's prowess. So if you're planning to do something dodgy I advise you stop fron here.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 254
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
April 21, 2018, 12:03:25 PM
Its clear bitcoin depend on us, Its users who just love it. Only thing can take bitcoins down which is stop using it. If every people stop using it like stop buying and selling its start decreasing and at the end its shutdown forever.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
April 21, 2018, 11:48:40 AM
Unless every single government in the world bans bitcoin and makes it illegal I don't think Bitcoin could be shutdown and all the governments banning bitcoin isn't going to happen as at least some countries are going to be in favor of crypto currencies and they would be enough for Bitcoin to survive in this world.
Activity: 476
April 21, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

I think bitcoin network could have been turned off when the internet is gone, because I think the bitcoin network movement depends only on the condition of the internet or not, but if it is deliberately turned off it seems unlikely that the bitcoin miner makes so much bitcoin network will never die.
Activity: 232
Merit: 0
April 21, 2018, 11:45:39 AM
How will bitcoin shut down if there isn't even anyone that has full control over it? Bitcoin is a decentralized bitcoin currency. It's time for us to think about the further development, because its clear that the blockchain technology is gonna make a big change in all sectors when implemented. No need to think of such a shut down, as far as I know the bitcoin archive are in for conditioning.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
April 21, 2018, 11:40:44 AM
I don't see the possibility of bitcoin shutting down unless if there is no internet connection and electricity which is not possible but i just pray that bitcoin never shuts down
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
April 21, 2018, 11:25:57 AM
No, because there are many users and investor who uses it to do some campaign. Bitcoin will have a better system in the near future.
Activity: 193
Merit: 1
April 21, 2018, 10:46:38 AM

Since bitcoin is P2P, let's say most of bitcoin's network/ users are in a single country, and this country decided not to support it, it would probably be shut down.

No money exchanging stores would accept bitcoin because central banks wouldn't back them up and no business stores would accept it as well.
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
April 21, 2018, 10:18:09 AM
Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!

Very well said. I agree with you ! Bitcoin will surely be completely shutdown if that will happen. We all know that internet is one of the ways on how to access the bitcoin and if there was no gadgets and electricity, internet is also unaccessible. Bitcoin will completely vanish if governments of each country ban it as what stated above. I also want to add, if no one will support it bitcoin will definitely die.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
April 20, 2018, 01:23:34 PM

I think bitcoin may be turned off when mining is out of the way for miners bitcoin and network conditions of bitcoin are not connected for a few seconds it is certain bitcoin will start to stop and there will be a terrible price shock which is likely to make the price collapse.
Activity: 392
April 20, 2018, 12:49:39 PM
Bitcoin will shut down when we lost Internet. Since it's a Digital Currency, it needs the Internet to work.and without that, Bitcoin will definitely be gone forever. and maybe there's more reason aside from this on. just like Banning the Bitcoin all over the World.
Pages:
Jump to: