Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown? - page 8. (Read 2875 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
April 20, 2018, 08:04:27 AM
for other reason like the secuirty and the other things i think it can shutdown, as we can know that bitcoin is the one of most popular currency in the world but it can shutdown if the bad people use bitcoin to do something bad in the world, like terror about a country and etc
I don't think bitcoin no one can shut down bitcoin. Even if many bad people use it, it doesn't matter. No country has authority to shut bitcoin down. Country can only restrict or forbid their society to access bitcoin. And I'm sure not all country will do that cause the potential of bitcoin is too much that anyone never expected.
Activity: 314
Merit: 105
April 20, 2018, 08:04:04 AM
I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
maybe that could be hapepen when we experience lacks or lost of electricity or the internet because bitcoin is powered by those. but instead of thinking on how to shutdown the bitcoin, why do not we think about how it will work better.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
April 20, 2018, 07:52:30 AM
Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!

I don't think that's the main reason because we can substitute solar energy to run our desktop and internet. I think if all country would agree to ban bitcoin or no one would like to buy bitcoin.
Activity: 364
PlayGame.com
April 20, 2018, 07:51:00 AM
for other reason like the secuirty and the other things i think it can shutdown, as we can know that bitcoin is the one of most popular currency in the world but it can shutdown if the bad people use bitcoin to do something bad in the world, like terror about a country and etc
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
April 20, 2018, 07:48:01 AM
I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

Some countries tried banning bitcoins but its citizens are still investing with one or another. Thus, it is impossible to shut it down completely.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
April 20, 2018, 07:45:13 AM
To be able to completely shut down the Bitcoin network all Bitcoin nodes should be destroyed which is those computers that runs bitcoin client software and has a blockchain on it. It's impossible to do that since Bitcoin nodes are spreading worldwide. Other ways to shutdown bitcoin, If all people lose interest using it, All countries ban of using it, Government shuting down electricity and internet connections. These are all possible scenarios but highly unlikely to happen.

Bitcoin can be shutdown in the absence of electricity or of internet connection because bitcoin is powered by those. Bitcoin has grown already after a number of years, we must try to do something to improve it and not to abort it.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
April 20, 2018, 07:41:19 AM
Nah i think impossible bitcoin cant be shutdown except no one buys bitcoin , no internet connection , every countries in this world banned bitcoin. Its so hard to shut down bitcoin nowadays people more likely to invest their money on virtual money. I think in the future people will use virtual money on transcaction.
I think bitcoin can never be shutdown because it is now slowly become the part of our daily life. Many people today trust bitcoin as their daily source of an amazing income i think bitcoin will become more profitable in the near future and I think it would really become the number one source of an extra income.
Activity: 43
April 20, 2018, 07:34:00 AM
As it was already mentioned, we would have to happen to be in the world without the electricity. But what is the probability of this happening? Very close to zero. But still the most probably thing which would prevent Bitcoin from existing.
Activity: 983
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
April 20, 2018, 07:33:35 AM
Nah i think impossible bitcoin cant be shutdown except no one buys bitcoin , no internet connection , every countries in this world banned bitcoin. Its so hard to shut down bitcoin nowadays people more likely to invest their money on virtual money. I think in the future people will use virtual money on transcaction.
Activity: 317
April 20, 2018, 07:32:32 AM
bitcoin is a new technology in the world of crypto and financial so this penemuan should be developed better not stopped because good technology should be developed.
Activity: 638
Merit: 300
April 20, 2018, 07:25:03 AM

maybe if  in this world will become no electricity and no internet , of course no bitcoin or blockchain anymore as the transaction is being done through internet. thats the only reason  I think it will completely shutdown the blockchain world.
Activity: 27
April 20, 2018, 07:22:38 AM
This is not possible unless you shutdown the internet which is impossible at current time. I think this is the beauty of bitcoins that  even governments are helpless against it.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
April 20, 2018, 07:21:28 AM
I think that very bad news can arrange a panic sale and the price can drop significantly. However, in the future of the strong technology, the coin will remain alive
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
April 20, 2018, 07:17:30 AM
Never. Bitcoin will never be shutdown because it is knowned worldwide. Not only that, bitcoin rises or expands too fast. Spreading immensely and not one will and can't stop it. This is just the beginning of bitcoin and it will go too far and rise to the top.
Activity: 210
April 20, 2018, 07:11:02 AM
Personally I think it it possible for a total shutdown of Bitcoin but it will need so much power and it will take a lot of time and effort from the governments to do so. I think it is possible but very unlikely to happen as of the moment. Bitcoin has helped and is still helping a lot of people have a step closer to their financial freedom so I believe it it not going to happen anytime soon.
Activity: 146
Merit: 1
April 20, 2018, 07:02:19 AM
In theory, hedge funds employ complex investment strategies that should allow them to achieve high returns both in bearish and bullish markets. In practice many fail due to short term thinking and over-leveraged trading. These can be especially costly and not suitable for the young and volatile cryptocurrency market as any long time bitcoin HODLer can tell you.  

I've already seen this post so many times, why keep asking that question, its not true bitcoin will never be shutdown because bitcoin is so popular, in terms of community bitcoin has a strong community and many people trust and invested it. So it will never be shutdown.
Activity: 70
April 20, 2018, 06:52:23 AM
Well bitcoin can never be shutdown..its not a computer nor a device that need to shutdown. Bitcoin has a worth sometimes we feel a little bit low price and sometimes it really comes up to the moon.. if the question is bicoin can possible be reach the lowest price convert to USD, my answer would be possible but not to the point we all suffer for the lost and thats i really never want to happen because im also the one person who could suffer if that happen.
Activity: 27
April 20, 2018, 06:16:07 AM
In theory, hedge funds employ complex investment strategies that should allow them to achieve high returns both in bearish and bullish markets. In practice many fail due to short term thinking and over-leveraged trading. These can be especially costly and not suitable for the young and volatile cryptocurrency market as any long time bitcoin HODLer can tell you.  
Activity: 546
Merit: 101
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 20, 2018, 06:15:36 AM
bitcoin can only be used by connecting through the internet network, the loss of internet network in the world will make all kinds of digital currency extinct because of the factors supporting the use of digital currency is the internet network itself.
Anyway, I don't think that will happen until the internet connection will disappear or will not be used again. I'm sure in the future the people will actually be closer to the internet connection for the various things/activities, the development of the era., of course, will lead to the more sophistication. Bitcoin having a high chance of having a long life.
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
April 20, 2018, 06:11:40 AM
bitcoin can only be used by connecting through the internet network, the loss of internet network in the world will make all kinds of digital currency extinct because of the factors supporting the use of digital currency is the internet network itself.

Restricting Internet access for every person 8n the world would be disastrous these days. A lot of services and data needs Internet access in order to be used. Online banking also works thanks to the Internet. There are not enough physical places when you can make a bank transfer. It would cause a lot of fuss and panic among banks clients. I would still choose Bitcoin though.
Pages:
Jump to: