Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 17. (Read 1957 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 10:03:03 AM

Governments can only kill Bitcoin if they impose tough regulations and bans on it, otherwise on a fair market platform, even if the governments come up with their own cryptos, i dont think if they can match bitcoin or lead to its decline.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
March 10, 2018, 09:58:28 AM
The government cannot kill BTC per se. It can only control the usage of internet and access to BTC trading and anything related to it. Take other countries as an example, they moderate or ban any BTC transactions, but they cannot stop or kill BTC.
Yes I agree that government can't kill bitcoin because first and foremost government has no control over bitcoin and that's why some of the countries are banning bitcoin because of its as known as decentralised which only mean that they can't take any control on it. Government can only banned bitcoin but they can't kill or stop it.
Exactly.I think all they can do is just banning bitcoin and  discouraging people from using bitcoin due to some speculations but i guess it's all useless.Bitcoin cannot be controlled by any supervising agency in the government because of its being decentralized in nature.And the fact that it's giving jobs to all unemployed people will make it very hard for the government to compete with bitcoin or kill bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 09:52:05 AM
It is not wrong to analyze Bitcoin as gold in digital form. Because to get it, you have to mine it first.
and if every country in the world bans bitcoin then bitcoin becomes illegal but will not die because bitcoin users will continue to wear it in any way.
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
March 10, 2018, 09:51:19 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

Actually I think government can't kill bitcoin because there are so many popular person that are involved here. I think everyone who are working on bitcoin will not let someone who destroy, shutdown or kill it because this is our only hope or this is only way that we know how to earn a large amount of money.
Activity: 461
Merit: 101
March 10, 2018, 09:46:05 AM
The government cannot kill BTC per se. It can only control the usage of internet and access to BTC trading and anything related to it. Take other countries as an example, they moderate or ban any BTC transactions, but they cannot stop or kill BTC.
Yes I agree that government can't kill bitcoin because first and foremost government has no control over bitcoin and that's why some of the countries are banning bitcoin because of its as known as decentralised which only mean that they can't take any control on it. Government can only banned bitcoin but they can't kill or stop it.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 165
March 10, 2018, 09:39:07 AM
Bitcoin is decentralized,even the government can't handle its volatility. But the government decides whether transactions with bitcoin is allowed in their country or not. Government can make digital crypto currency whenever they like, the crypto currency they made could be a big hit in the market or not. But regardless of its demand, the government still can't kill bitcoin.
Activity: 91
March 10, 2018, 09:38:12 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
I dont think so that goverment can kill bitcoin because i think theyre consevative about bitcoin because they think that bitcoin is gamble and theres a lot of scammers in this system but for me theres on way to kill bitcoin as if it lessen unemployment rate.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
March 10, 2018, 09:35:52 AM
In no way,the governments could replace bitcoin with their own crypto currencies as the investors would not be willing to support such centralised coins which would never increase in price like bitcoin and which would not allow anyone to stay anonymous.Governments could only regulate bitcoin and all the world countries have started to realise it.
Activity: 153
March 10, 2018, 09:29:24 AM

Bitcoin and most other crypto currency works using Peer to peer protocol just like how torrents work. Every user has its data and shares it through out the world. No one controls it and is totally decentralized. Even though the government is trying hard to stop piracy by taking down torrent sites, do you think they are being successful? They take it down, and then the site goes back up again in few days. Now compare and think about bitcoin in the same way as torrents.
I think its right, but for me it is possible that they could kill bitcoin. Investors of bitcoin should always open their minds that one of the risk in investing bitcoin is the possibility that there will be an alternative crypto currency that would take the place of bitcoin and make bitcoin an obsolete one. However, we sholud always believe that whatever happens bitcoin should always be the number one crypto currency.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 10, 2018, 09:18:55 AM

Bitcoin and most other crypto currency works using Peer to peer protocol just like how torrents work. Every user has its data and shares it through out the world. No one controls it and is totally decentralized. Even though the government is trying hard to stop piracy by taking down torrent sites, do you think they are being successful? They take it down, and then the site goes back up again in few days. Now compare and think about bitcoin in the same way as torrents.
Activity: 276
March 10, 2018, 09:16:53 AM
Can. The Government had the authority in taking decisions everything problem in her country. Government decisions are absolute and not bother to sue by anyone.

Your statement itself makes sense. There are some governments of different countries killed the Bitcoin or in other words, the bitcoin is banned in some countries.
Activity: 30
March 10, 2018, 09:12:56 AM
That's the whole point of BTC. If you keep off exchanges that require KYC idenification, there is no way to know which wallet belongs to whom, so goverments cannot track and punish you even if they ban BTC.
Activity: 70
March 10, 2018, 09:09:03 AM
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
March 10, 2018, 09:07:41 AM
Can. The Government had the authority in taking decisions everything problem in her country. Government decisions are absolute and not bother to sue by anyone.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
March 10, 2018, 09:03:58 AM
Government can't kill bitcoin because they didn't know who was the owner of this. They just can ban this site but users will make a way to use bitcoin.

They know or might not know who is the owner of bitcoin but the fact is no one is owning bitcoin, bitcoin is being used by people and no one is controlling nor owning them. There is no way that they will "kill" bitcoin even if they ban it since they will only be banning bitcoin in their country unable to use bitcoin in their country but the people there can still use bitcoin online.

Activity: 2408
Merit: 213
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 10, 2018, 08:59:30 AM

i think even china or any other country makes own digital currency, i believe bitcoin continue to be strong as first decentralized crypto currency,every country have an own rights to make what they want for their country. and i do not believe on that way bitcoin die.
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 08:55:38 AM

I don't think it's possible to be happen, bitcoin is not easy to kill and it's hard to replace with other digital currency.
Activity: 5
Merit: 254
March 10, 2018, 08:43:35 AM
Chaina, Russia and USA have an impact on Bitcoin. If they closed Bitcoin transaction in their country, it will face a difficult effect on Bitcoin price But i don't think Bitcoin will die or closed. It will continue over years and years.
Activity: 84
March 10, 2018, 08:53:11 AM
Actually government has an authority to do that because of his power. But it seems impossible in the near future.why ?. Decentralized system used in  it's operation makes it difficult even impossible to kill or ban fully. Mostly people are interested in and support bitcoin strongly including it,s blockchain technology.
Activity: 882
March 10, 2018, 08:39:38 AM
I think it will not be so easy to kill Bitcoin.In many countries,the government has not accepted Bitcoin. But Bitcoin has not killed. I think Bitcoin helps in improving for a country.So government will not kill Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: