Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 21. (Read 1967 times)

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
March 09, 2018, 10:10:49 PM
difficult, the government can't block blockchain technology. the government can only close the sale and purchase sites only. and if it happens but there are still countries that open bitcoin trading sites, we can still trading bitcoin.
Activity: 359
Merit: 15
March 09, 2018, 10:04:15 PM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

Yes this is possible if the world government take their actions to totally banned bitcoin because they want to create their own crypto currency and monitor who is the holder of the currency they are making today. this will definitely kill bitcoin.
Activity: 328
Merit: 10
March 09, 2018, 10:04:07 PM
It is indeed the future plan of big countries such as china, Russia, America to create their own digital currency, but that I believe will not be able to stop bitcoin currency, because bitcoin is already owned and spread all over the world.

I agree that bitcoin is spread all over the world and no other country can kill bitcoin exept if they ban bitcoin in their country. Eventhough other country has their own digital currency, bitcoin is the most common used currency all over the world.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
March 09, 2018, 10:04:03 PM
If government kill and stop bitcoin operation, it is something a war between government and bitcoin, because many people against government decisions if they try to kill bitcoin operation. And we all know that government has the power to kill bitcoin operation, and hopelly government would not be able to do that kind of actions.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 09:59:28 PM
This is an interesting topic. How do they kill Bitcoin? Even if it introduces its own cryptocurrency, it needs to be based on Bitcoin. If it is not a blockchain technical currency, then what is the difference between the digital currency and the legal currency? The coin is the door that they can't go around. They need to acknowledge the door before they can come.
Activity: 11
March 09, 2018, 09:56:46 PM
The government may limit the development of Bitcoin, but believe that the government cannot stop Bitcoin. The development of Bitcoin itself is not controlled by any organization.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
March 09, 2018, 09:51:39 PM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

No they cannot kill something that is not alive, they can only put curbs on it, which as we have seen are a waste way of doing things, China tried it last year Bitcoins tanked and soon it shot up like anything. Bitcoin answers to no one and is not bound by limitation as it has no controlling authority. Let them ban it, we'll only indulge in it more, plus their coins will be a alts I don't buy alts, so no the government won't succeed for sure.
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
March 09, 2018, 09:51:18 PM
Yes government can kill bitcoin in the way how they want to do it for example if there no more people who are appreciating bitcoin they can kill it easily

How can they kill Bitcoin "easily", why haven't they done it already if this was indeed the case? Bitcoin is decentralized and has a format to prevent any manipulation from a central figure. Only certain aspects of mining is somewhat centralized.  Trust me if it was so easy to 'kill' Bitcoin then it would of likely been done already. I mean it's had several attempts on it, but as of today all have failed.
Activity: 84
March 09, 2018, 09:47:49 PM
Yes government can kill bitcoin in the way how they want to do it for example if there no more people who are appreciating bitcoin they can kill it easily
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
March 09, 2018, 09:47:24 PM
Speculation is after all speculation, but unless the government offer an improvement on Bitcoin then why would this be a threat to Bitcoin? If it's improved on Bitcoin then why would we be hostile to this crypocurrency? If the government came out with an improved cryptocurrency which was open source and decentralized then I for one welcome the change. Would probably change my mind of the way governments think if they actually did this. If it's not decentralized or open source then it should fail.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 09:47:05 PM
It is indeed the future plan of big countries such as china, Russia, America to create their own digital currency, but that I believe will not be able to stop bitcoin currency, because bitcoin is already owned and spread all over the world.
Activity: 56
Merit: 7
March 09, 2018, 09:35:22 PM

Pages:
Jump to: