Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 19. (Read 1967 times)

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
March 10, 2018, 04:25:38 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

It is impossible for governments to kill bitcoin even replace it with theur own digital currency because bitcoin already made a huge name in the market of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is alredy popular all over the world. Maybe they can make their own digital currency to be compete bitcoin and put  tax regulation. But everything is depends on the acceptance of the community.
Activity: 105
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 04:24:38 AM
No. US and China is not the country in the world. There are more countries in the planeteearth. Two is better than one but in bitcoin two's is not enough to kill bitcoin. Government can stop it if let the world form an office for cryptocurrency to just stop it. That will be their goal by creating the office to let bitcoin be killed. Without like that kind of strategic plan it couldn't kill bitcoin. No one can stop it unless everybody is against to it. While everyone is not against bitcoin will  remain.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
CAT.EX Exchange
March 10, 2018, 04:24:14 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

what makes you make a post like this? I think you can read from many threads here. what you discussed has been overwhelming.
and every government will not have the same policy. and what you have said has not been proven to date.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
March 10, 2018, 04:23:31 AM

No,they.cant.. People who currently possessed bitcoins right now are from different parts of the world. So,how can they kill bitcoins like that? They only have the power to ban bitcoin or regulate it on their country.  But for now,the chances that they will kill bitcoin is next to impossible. They are only anxious of bitcoins potential in the future and they are also worried because they cant control bitcoin and the issues on how to impose taxation on it
Activity: 215
Merit: 101
✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP
March 10, 2018, 04:22:36 AM
Governments can effectively push BTC to the underground. They can regulate it in a way that no one in the main stream will be able to use it, and as a result it will, for all intents and purposes, be dead as the future of money. We have seen several countries already start down this path.
Activity: 318
March 10, 2018, 04:21:22 AM

Bitcoin can not be completely banned, I think so. It's like the Internet, it's impossible to forbid it either. The fact is that bitcoin is decentralized. This means that he does not have a single control center. It is controlled by software from many different locations around the world.
Activity: 6
March 10, 2018, 04:19:58 AM
Bitcoin is not affected by any organization. The government may limit the development of the special currency, but it is impossible to make Bitcoin disappear. Bitcoin will always exist unless the Internet disappears.
Activity: 238
March 10, 2018, 04:13:37 AM
Governments are absolutely against digital money.

Governments make money through taxes and commissions.

However, thanks to the digital money, we can send money to the desired country without commission.

The banks are not sending money at weekends. With digital money, we can make the time we want when we want it.
Activity: 217
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 04:07:13 AM
i think it may possible if governments all around the world accept to elliminate bitcoin, but i personally dont think it is gonna be easy because no government can easily quit a huge amount of money while they can still have benefits from its, but if one government ban bitcoin, another will take the benefits from it, so lets just agree bitcoin can hardly be killed by governments.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
March 10, 2018, 04:06:23 AM
I believe competition is the 'soul' of business. If governments intend to introduce their own digital currency, I think it will be even good. This will make the market more open and no one coin would be a super dominating coin. The government would always try to create more patronage within her citizen and beyond and that will give more room for growth and acceptance of digital currency.

I like the idea because it will end in creating more awareness of cryptocurrency and bitcoin particularly.
Activity: 45
March 10, 2018, 04:02:44 AM

I believe attempting to kill bitcoin by developing their own cryptocurrency will only make bitcoin stronger. Developing their sends a message that it is threatened by it, and will only end up imitating it. And again, just like many others that imitate it, they failed, and made bitcoin stronger than ever.
Well it's just my assessment though.
copper member
Activity: 11
March 10, 2018, 04:01:59 AM
I think that government can literally ban bitcoin (just like the China ban) but it will still exist as a value like gold.
Activity: 99
March 10, 2018, 03:58:01 AM
No. They may try to limit it, but that will only drive the price harder and in turn, increase its popularity. It's not a good use of resources for any government.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
March 10, 2018, 03:45:22 AM

of course can not because if you know the purpose of bitcoin is to create money that can not be controlled or controlled by anyone including the government can hardly ever be to destroy or kill bitcoin. the circulation of bitcoin is very free, not hindered by any of it.
Activity: 546
March 10, 2018, 03:31:30 AM
It is indeed the future plan of big countries such as china, Russia, America to create their own digital currency, but that I believe will not be able to stop bitcoin currency, because bitcoin is already owned and spread all over the world.
yes i agree with you.you are right .bitcoin now very popular and people like it very much.if government decide bitcoin kill .it is i think not easy for government.bitcoin now very strong and good place in many country.
Activity: 68
March 10, 2018, 03:29:18 AM
many governments are now attacking bitcoin with any variety but I am on the principle of bitcoin can not be replaced by other virtual currency because bitcoin has proven its range and variety that is in touch.
Activity: 224
March 10, 2018, 03:20:50 AM
I dont think that government can kill bitcoin because bitcoin is not under by the government so they cant control it the reason why they ban bitcoin but still bitcoin is unstoppable because many people are investing on it even though its a little bit risky.
Activity: 345
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 03:08:14 AM
The thing which does not exist physically, how can someone kill it??
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
March 10, 2018, 02:22:46 AM
The government may limit the development of Bitcoin, but believe that the government cannot stop Bitcoin. The development of Bitcoin itself is not controlled by any organization.

How can they be able to limit the development of Bitcoin since they are not the developers of such currencies? Bitcoin will not be stopped by the government but they can banned them in their own respective countries.
Activity: 783
March 10, 2018, 02:10:24 AM
the government will never be able to kill bitcoin, because bitcoin is now one of the most profitable coins. so I think the government can only limit the rules without being able to kill bitcoin, because after all the bitcoin is not owned by the government and the government does not have the authority to destroy or kill bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: