Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 1956 times)

Activity: 582
Merit: 101
April 15, 2018, 08:22:44 PM
if it kills the bitcoin it seems so hard or impossible even. unless there is a state that can create its own cryiptocurrency that costs more than bitcoin. maybe just a lot of people who moved to the crypto .Essentially everyone they choose when investing in the digital world. which coin is more profitable for them. and so far bitcoin is profitable and its position is still no one can replace it .
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
April 15, 2018, 08:05:46 PM
Unfortunately if a government really wants to kill the btc it is able to do it. Just a law that prohibits its use in commercial or financial transactions in some important countries and the btc would have died
Yes, I agree with you. Government officials has the power to kill Bitcoin; they are capable to ban it so I guess they are also capable to kill it especially they don't anything from it.
Nope, I don't think so. Actually there's no digital cutrency in real life. Bitcoin is just illusion. Bitcoin is only alive in internet. Yeah, the government can banned the bitcoin in their country but it's not mean that the bitcoin is actually killed because there are many countries who used bitcoin even though the government banned it in their country
P60
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Decentralized Digital Billboards
April 15, 2018, 08:00:21 PM
Unfortunately if a government really wants to kill the btc it is able to do it. Just a law that prohibits its use in commercial or financial transactions in some important countries and the btc would have died
Yes, I agree with you. Government officials has the power to kill Bitcoin; they are capable to ban it so I guess they are also capable to kill it especially they don't anything from it.
Activity: 252
April 15, 2018, 07:56:03 PM
No they don't.  I think governments can block Bitcoin's development and make some bans. But no government can stop Bitcoin altogether. Bitcoin has been accepted by a large community, as if it were impossible to stop.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
April 15, 2018, 05:42:26 PM
It is way too complicated than the US, Russia and other countries think. They cant easily kill or desecrate bitcoin per se. As a matter of fact, these countries can create their own cryptocurrency but they cannot get rid of bitcoin since the latter is already established.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
April 15, 2018, 05:25:49 PM
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
April 15, 2018, 05:07:00 PM
No, government cannot kill Bitcoin. It can although restrict its usage. Killing Bitcoin completely is not easy as it has already spread over the world. Further, government cannot interfere in a decentralized concept. Bitcoin does not need anyone’s approval to operate. Government can introduce some regulation to the crypto market to make it more secure, which is, indeed, a good thing.
Activity: 704
Merit: 270
April 15, 2018, 10:16:28 AM
It is indeed the future plan of big countries such as china, Russia, America to create their own digital currency, but that I believe will not be able to stop bitcoin currency, because bitcoin is already owned and spread all over the world.
Yes government can kill Bitcoin and in many country their government already killed it. Shocked Yes that is true many country produce their own crypto currency in order to lower the reputation and market price of Bitcoin. But those coins are not as much as famous like Bitcoin. The main reason behind any government fear to Bitcoin is their country economy Embarrassed. Due to decentralised nature it production and distribution is not stable,and this thing directly affect an country own currency value and also affect that country bank system and growth. Because of this reason Chinese government ban it  in their country. Bitcoin is also associated with criminal activity and due to this Israel government ban it in their country.  Smiley
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
April 15, 2018, 09:00:21 AM
It is indeed the future plan of big countries such as china, Russia, America to create their own digital currency, but that I believe will not be able to stop bitcoin currency, because bitcoin is already owned and spread all over the world.
I think yes,Government everywhere do the bad job of it.but not for lack of conscience and effort,rather more for lack of  humility.They will never be up to the task of central planning.
Yes but not in every country happening all this, growing market of bitcoin is making it good be like as in my government bitcoin is being support at very high level, for me bitcoin is best thing for the economy of the country, I hope this way if our government will support bitcoin then slowly we will get more stable in the world, and our country will appear as the strongest country in the  map of the world.
Activity: 434
Merit: 110
April 15, 2018, 07:16:56 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

Most likely no they can't kill bitcoin. Remember darknet, torrent and so on, all they can do is try to block these sources from us, but how can you block something which is decentralized, doesn't belong to no one, and has no boss or CEO Huh I guess most of Governments will try to settle a regulation around bitcoin and crypto market. Governments live by principle "If we can not forbid it, let's try to be head of it"
Not sure if crypto issued by countries will become that popular in near future, right now i know only one popular coin which is backed by oil - elpetro, cryptocurrencies which are backed by real product most likely could make it to stay on the market for a long time.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest
April 15, 2018, 07:09:29 AM
Speculation is after all speculation, but unless the government offer an improvement on Bitcoin then why would this be a threat to Bitcoin? If it's improved on Bitcoin then why would we be hostile to this crypocurrency? If the government came out with an improved cryptocurrency which was open source and decentralized then I for one welcome the change. Would probably change my mind of the way governments think if they actually did this. If it's not decentralized or open source then it should fail.

Yes sir! Their stories and tabloids they made up doesn't really have primary or proven source. All of them are just speculations and doubly true. If government will kill bitcoin, it will backlash to them. Instead of thinking of doing such thing, they should just support it and make it better and develop it more. 
Activity: 564
April 15, 2018, 07:05:28 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

Yes this is possible if the world government take their actions to totally banned bitcoin because they want to create their own crypto currency and monitor who is the holder of the currency they are making today. this will definitely kill bitcoin.
I think the government can not kill bitcoin. They want to kill the bitcoin to create their virtual currency, but they will not be able to. Some countries recognize the potential of bitcoin and they favor bitcoin, because bitcoin helps them attract investment.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
April 15, 2018, 06:33:04 AM
Government can ban the Bitcoin but cant stop the Bitcoin.Bitcoin have it own platform and peer peer technology based on Blockchain no need of third party or regulator authority to operate the Bitcoin.
It is good for government to legalize Bitcoin will be beneficial for the economy of the country.
Activity: 392
April 15, 2018, 06:21:51 AM
I dont government can kill bitcoin, they can only make the price drop drastically by closing many centralized exchange which people still have opportunity to use decentralized exchange in trading as government can not control decentralized exchange...
copper member
Activity: 179
Merit: 0
April 15, 2018, 06:05:10 AM
More chances that Bitcoin will kill government Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
April 15, 2018, 05:59:58 AM
Yes government can kill bitcoin in the way how they want to do it for example if there no more people who are appreciating bitcoin they can kill it easily
Bitcoins are not easily killed by the government. The government does not control bitcoin. If you want to kill bitcoin, all countries in the world must simultaneously block bitcoin. But I think this is totally unlikely

The bitcoin itself will no longer be killed by government. As long as the government has no access on the server of it, They will not control the bitcoin and it will still exists. Bitcoin is still in the market if the server will still have no plan in deletion of bitcoin. And i think, Bitcoin will exist forever.
Activity: 378
April 15, 2018, 05:58:31 AM
The government may limit the development of Bitcoin, but believe that the government cannot stop Bitcoin. The development of Bitcoin itself is not controlled by any organization.
Indeed, the government can only limit the development of bitcoin. Some countries like China banned bitcoins, causing bitcoins not to develop in these countries, but it flourished in other countries such as Japan and Korea.
Activity: 867
Merit: 522
April 15, 2018, 05:53:54 AM
Yes government can kill bitcoin in the way how they want to do it for example if there no more people who are appreciating bitcoin they can kill it easily
Bitcoins are not easily killed by the government. The government does not control bitcoin. If you want to kill bitcoin, all countries in the world must simultaneously block bitcoin. But I think this is totally unlikely
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
April 15, 2018, 05:38:51 AM

Some large countries are quietly killing bitcoins. They seek ways to prevent bitcoin development. Their purpose is to kill bitcoin then they release their virtual money. This is why China prohibits the use of bitcoin
Activity: 1302
Merit: 128
Vaccinized.. immunity level is full.
April 15, 2018, 05:31:05 AM

I don't think anyone can kill BTC unless the whole BTC community agrees to do so. BTC is distributed and decentralized which means it's not under any single authority's control. But yes government policies on BTC can have a huge impact on the crypto market, as in Sep last year we saw a huge decline in BTC value after China ban ICO's.
Pages:
Jump to: