Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 1956 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 101
April 15, 2018, 05:26:25 AM
I think of course the government can kill bitcoin, let alone superpower like US and russia. the government could have banned everything related to cryptocurrency, especially bitcoin, and with that no one else would want to invest crypto or save their money in the form of crypto, so that way the market would be ruined and there would be no cryptocurrency
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
April 15, 2018, 03:41:32 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

Yes, but specific to its territory only.
Activity: 182
April 15, 2018, 03:38:18 AM
I don’t think so, they can make their own digital currency, but when going to international transactions they will exchange it with bitcoin.
Activity: 15
April 15, 2018, 03:33:51 AM
For me its possible that government will kill bitcoin. Infact some other countries are in the plan of doing it. According to the news, India is about to kill bitcoin. They ban bitcoin in all banks. Bitcoin will become illegal in all transactions.
Activity: 168
April 15, 2018, 03:22:04 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
Some countries forbid bitcoin because they can not control it. They plan to make their own digital currency in order to be controlled. I do not think it will have much effect because Bitcoin has its own community.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
we're Radio, online!
April 14, 2018, 07:05:30 PM
For now the possibility exists, as we know the impact of bad news and the closing market market in a country could have a big impact on Bitcoin. What I'm afraid of is if the big country is really illegal Bitcoin and many small and developing countries follow it. Hopefully it does not happen...
Activity: 210
April 14, 2018, 06:53:11 PM
There are some governments trying to oppose the BTC. But I do not think much about BTC, because other governments still accept BTC. and BTC will continue to exist. So please invest in BTC.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
April 14, 2018, 06:45:31 PM
well maybe it could be if the government
create a law for those who invest, buying and selling bitcoins will be imposed criminal penalties or fines
by making such a regulation likely to be a stirring news if any country makes such a rule
but well there does not seem to be any such rules
there will be some debate
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
April 14, 2018, 06:40:23 PM

Bitcoin is change our life, from rugs to riches. There are some people are bad impression in bitcoin. Maybe they did not know the big advantage in joining in bitcoin maybe they don't know how to earn big profit in bitcoin. Bitcoin is still stronger and fight for our future. I don't believe they can completely erase bitcoin in the game board. It will take more than political influence to do this.
Activity: 405
Merit: 251
April 14, 2018, 06:25:53 PM
i dont think so, that governments can kill bitcoin. perhaps they can dump the price with their laws against btc but definitly not kill it, because is not easy
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
April 14, 2018, 05:58:53 PM
Each individual user of the network bitcoin can safely store his money on his computer, anonymously send to any part of the world and not be afraid that his account can be blocked if he somehow did not please the state or bank
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
April 14, 2018, 05:51:36 PM
Of course, they can kill bitcoin!!Why? Just buy more than 50% of all bitcoins) After that they will absolutely control it)
Activity: 185
April 14, 2018, 05:49:59 PM
Shut down the internet connection,by that,  the government can stop or kill right away the transaction of bitcoin. That is the only way they can stop the operation of digital currency.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
April 14, 2018, 05:45:32 PM
Difficult question. However, I believe that there is no sooner than yes. With a high probability, the future for crypto-currencies, and progress as you know, can only be slowed down, but it will not stop. However, this does not mean that the government will not interfere in any way with the development of bitcoins and other crypts.
Activity: 201
Merit: 1
April 14, 2018, 05:33:44 PM
Many developed countries want to create their own digital currency, and it is legitimate but requires a long and time-consuming process for one country to apply its own digital money, but to kill bitcoin is impossible, because the development of digital currency the world today can not afford without the presence of bitcoin in every country.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
April 14, 2018, 05:18:37 PM

Yes, Government can do that by not allowing use cryptocurrency but Government cant make their own coin to use by the people because that is decentralized
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
April 14, 2018, 04:59:39 PM
I don't think any government can totally kill Bitcoin but they can hamper it's growth or even reduce its value. They'd do this through two mechanisms: legality and bank regulation. Banning bitcoin would remove a lot of the 'honest' investors and thus reduce the value; it'd push bitcoin into the fringes. For instance, big investors and even institutional investors would be forced to cash out into fiat.

The big hammer governments have is through banking regulation; imagine if governments around the world forced banks to sever any connection to institutions that purchase bitcoin, such as Coinbase. If Coinbase couldn't receive fiat from banks that'd dramatically push purchasers away. The only way to get bitcoin would be peer-to-peer transactions.

Together these would dramatically lower the value of bitcoin and to me are the biggest threat to long term value storage. If neither of these happen then Bitcoin will just continue to climb in value.
Bitcoin does not come under anyone control and it is really not influenced too much by the actions of any sort of authority. It has been on its own since ever. At most, any decision against bitcoin can slow its progress down for few days and that is not near to the efforts people put in bringing bitcoin down. If you ask me, such governments are just wasting their time here.
Activity: 224
April 14, 2018, 02:31:20 PM

I don't think so but there is a possibility that this can affect bitcoin price. The more those larger country act and involve their country towards bitcoin is a bad sign for bitcoin's market. This could act as a threat for investors.
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
April 14, 2018, 02:16:05 PM
I dont think so but  government can kill bitcoin maybe someday because in other country they ban bitcoin. But all i need to do is enjoy using bitcoin and just Ignored it.
Activity: 322
April 14, 2018, 01:11:33 PM
it could happen but I feel it will be very difficult because the one using bitcoin not only from one country but in the whole world and with its very much bitcoin enthusiasts at this time then it's in my opinion will be very difficult and takes a long time to kill bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: