Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 5. (Read 1956 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
April 14, 2018, 11:38:05 AM
right. The government can kill bitcoin. Countries are stifling the development of bitcoin. They can forbid bitcoin to work. countries like China, China do not want to bitcoin activities. They are releasing their digital money to counter bitcoin.
Activity: 279
Merit: 11
April 14, 2018, 11:29:02 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
In my country Bitcoin is banned by the government but there are many investors involved in these currencies, it can be said that the virtual currency is making the economic market trying my country more developed but vice versa The government feels very uncomfortable when these currencies are in the market.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 14, 2018, 11:16:37 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

Yes, The government has a power to control or kill any activity under it's jurisdiction most especially if it threatens national security.
Activity: 252
April 14, 2018, 11:08:31 AM
What I worry about is governments shutting down the exchanges that convert bitcoin to local currency. They can make it illegal. I wonder there if Bitcoin can survive that, if people will be willing to use Bitcoin exclusively to buy and sell goods.

Activity: 210
April 14, 2018, 08:21:24 AM
It is indeed the future plan of big countries such as china, Russia, America to create their own digital currency, but that I believe will not be able to stop bitcoin currency, because bitcoin is already owned and spread all over the world.
I think yes,Government everywhere do the bad job of it.but not for lack of conscience and effort,rather more for lack of  humility.They will never be up to the task of central planning.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
April 14, 2018, 04:39:09 AM

Governments have begun to pay close attention to Bitcoin. They see the benefits of Bitcoin and the potential of Bitcoin in the future. The non-governmental nature of Bitcoin, which deals with the taxation of Bitcoin activities in disputed countries. As far as I know, governments are finding solutions to the management and taxation of Bitcoin activities. They will not replace it with another crypto. Bitcoin will grow stronger.
Activity: 103
April 14, 2018, 04:34:09 AM
If the government came up with an improved crypto currency, which was open source and decentralized, then I would be fine.
Activity: 252
Merit: 17
April 14, 2018, 04:30:49 AM
Definitely yes, governments can kill bitcoin or stop bitcoin but only in their jurisdiction or country. We all know that some countries or government already kill bitcoin on their land or country. They are their different reasons for doing that and the people of their country can’t do anything about this because we are all govern of whatever kind of leadership we have. Here in our country we are just luck enough that our government is not against with bitcoin and our hopes are so high that they will not do anything or plan to kill bitcoin here in our country.
Activity: 88
April 13, 2018, 06:40:23 AM
I don't see any reason why governments will even try to kill bitcoin. Cos, bitcoin have nothing to do with the governments.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus
April 13, 2018, 06:35:35 AM
No, bitcoin is decentralized system, even government cannot kill bitcoin. No one can control bitcoin.
Even if government have regulations about bitcoin, it will not kill bitcoin.

What government can do is only make trade regulation on bitcoin transaction but government or central bank can not control it because bitcoin transaction data spread around the world and in many computer
Activity: 110
April 13, 2018, 06:26:02 AM
It will be difficult for them to abandon bitcoint, all the same the majority of the population will start using bitcoint. But if the government tries, they will cover the bitcoin
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
CAT.EX Exchange
April 13, 2018, 06:05:08 AM
I think it will not happen, if the government wants to kill bitcoin would have been done for a long time. his real bitcoin has lasted for 9 years. bitcoin has been designed not to be easily destroyed by a government. its decentralized system makes the strong bitcoin unmanageable to anyone.
Activity: 182
April 13, 2018, 04:51:27 AM
The government of different countries see it differently. In any country, the government sees Bitcoin as its economic development, but one sees it as a loss. But most of the governments of the governments of this country will see it better. And if the country's head of government banned Bitcoin, There is no good idea about them. They banned Bitcoin in their country and could not stop its work. So B Are coins and will cilo.
Activity: 168
April 13, 2018, 02:07:18 AM
I don't think any government can totally kill Bitcoin but they can hamper it's growth or even reduce its value. They'd do this through two mechanisms: legality and bank regulation. Banning bitcoin would remove a lot of the 'honest' investors and thus reduce the value; it'd push bitcoin into the fringes. For instance, big investors and even institutional investors would be forced to cash out into fiat.

The big hammer governments have is through banking regulation; imagine if governments around the world forced banks to sever any connection to institutions that purchase bitcoin, such as Coinbase. If Coinbase couldn't receive fiat from banks that'd dramatically push purchasers away. The only way to get bitcoin would be peer-to-peer transactions.

Together these would dramatically lower the value of bitcoin and to me are the biggest threat to long term value storage. If neither of these happen then Bitcoin will just continue to climb in value.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
April 12, 2018, 06:51:55 AM
I think they can restrict and pinch the bitcoin and crypto market. However, that will not prevent bitcoin from working and evolving. It is difficult to control whether users or investors can transfer money or pay for goods. I totally do not expect that to happen with bitcoin and cryptographic markets.

Governments have no control over Bitcoin but have control over people and can not change or amend Bitcoin but can make amendment or can pass a law to ban Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in country to prevent people not to use cryptocurrencies. In my assumptions I have concluded a main point which is about the growth of Bitcoin; from now if there is no such country allow Bitcoin for its people to invest then there is no affect on the Bitcoin because Bitcoin is already using all over the world and some countries have adopted it fully so the future survival is valid and the and then lasting of Bitcoin is invalid.
Activity: 434
April 11, 2018, 10:26:15 PM

For me.yes if all tje governments all around the world will banned it into the market because in that sense the bitcoins will not.run anymore and the people cannot use it because it is banned but maybe it can be used because there wjll always be an illegal activity but they will lose a lot of people and the price will surely fall down too. But lets not forget that yhe Japanese is really supporting the bitcoins so that thing will not happen in.real life. Noyhing can stop bitcoins if there are still one country who supports it.
Activity: 504
YOUC | John McAfee Supports
April 11, 2018, 10:16:31 PM
No, bitcoin is decentralized system, even government cannot kill bitcoin. No one can control bitcoin.
Even if government have regulations about bitcoin, it will not kill bitcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
April 11, 2018, 07:05:19 PM
no government can kill bitcoin. the blockchain technology was not designed to be  manipulated by the government agencies or by the global financial laws as it is a stand alone technology. one of its motives is to decentralize the financial way in which the government regulated financial policies. thanks
They cannot kill bitcoin, but they are trying their best to try to manipulate the market and the people holding cryptocurrencies, they are trying to scare people away with all the regulations that they are imposing, I'm sure that the regulations are going to be so complex that you are going to need several accountants and lawyers and most the time people do not want to deal with that and they will avoid cryptocurrencies as a result.
Activity: 420
April 11, 2018, 08:11:55 AM
I believe that the government will not be able to kill bitcoin, for this they will need to unite and have the same position in relation to bitcoin. But many countries have a positive attitude towards bitcoin, so it will not be able to kill.
Activity: 58
April 11, 2018, 08:05:51 AM
Every government have the power to stop bitcoin operations when they amend or create a law for totally banning of bitcoin to their jurisdictions .
I'm hoping that my country could not do that.
Pages:
Jump to: