Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I trust BTC exchanges? - page 2. (Read 21741 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
October 25, 2015, 05:41:21 PM
Bro did you try this changer.com ? i will use it for exchanging my usd to bitcoin or bitcoin to usd.. and its easy to manage it...

Hidden whois, check. 'Contact details' consists entirely of one email address, check. That isn't really in the spirit of this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
October 25, 2015, 01:09:59 PM
With all the things in the news lately with Cryptsy, why would anybody want to put any trust in exchanges when they have the power to lock your account and ruin off with your money?

it must be said that cryptsy is one of the few exchange tha never got hacked, and they have a nice volume, to they have an overkill security

but it seems that it is working, seeing how they were not violated even once
True. Cryptsy is out there since a while. And it must be said also that in terms of usability is one of the crappiest exchanges we've ever seen. Maybe vircurex was worst than Cryptsy if someone remembers it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
October 25, 2015, 11:44:44 AM
Bro did you try this changer.com ? i will use it for exchanging my usd to bitcoin or bitcoin to usd.. and its easy to manage it...
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
October 25, 2015, 09:03:02 AM
i don't think so

i lost around 1 btc when bter hacked.

and right now, after trading, if wanna go around, just WD my coin

Trading is risky always, but in the same time we can't judge every exchange system as not trusted
I think there is some trusted exchange platforms however we have always to take care and choose the safest ones
Activity: 504
October 25, 2015, 08:38:36 AM
With all the things in the news lately with Cryptsy, why would anybody want to put any trust in exchanges when they have the power to lock your account and ruin off with your money?

it must be said that cryptsy is one of the few exchange tha never got hacked, and they have a nice volume, to they have an overkill security

If just a user can't withdraw his bitcoin then it's ok (not good)
But if the number increases then we can't trust anymore Cryptsy.
Personally i do trust exchanges but only for small amounts and withdraw as soon as possible from there.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 25, 2015, 03:24:23 AM

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 24, 2015, 09:28:16 AM
i don't think so

i lost around 1 btc when bter hacked.

and right now, after trading, if wanna go around, just WD my coin
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
October 23, 2015, 02:46:43 PM
legendary
Activity: 896
October 23, 2015, 02:43:11 PM
There is just some good exchanges and reputables businessmans running them ,using new exchanges can turn the new scam history.

people get wiser over time and stop using new exchanges that promise you interest rates and such. better stick with existing large exchanges and you'll be fine.
Activity: 994
October 23, 2015, 09:41:20 AM
Well there is always a risk sending to someone else that you don't know.
Especially to exchanges, as we know there have been many hacks recently.
Personally i use time by time YoBit and until now it is working good.
Activity: 560
October 19, 2015, 08:03:14 PM
There is just some good exchanges and reputables businessmans running them ,using new exchanges can turn the new scam history.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
October 19, 2015, 06:03:23 AM

It's crazy that at the end, only Poloniex, Btc38 and maybe Bittrex have survived and are still functioning very reliably. All of the other alt coin exchanges are pretty much gone in my opinion or with a lot 9f problems.

It's to be expected really. I'm sure lots of dreamers decided running an exchange would be a fun and painless idea. They'd quickly realise you need serious commitment to make one work properly and a decent income to justify the time expended.

It's either that or they have become very greedy during the time running their exchange by seeing all the funds that they have a control off.

You know, even when people get into exchange business with right intentions, shaking a lot of money in front off their nose changes their honesty quite a lot sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 19, 2015, 02:25:24 AM
I suggest to do trades with trusted exchange which is established/registered in your Home Country! The best part is in case of any dispute, you can claim them through your local authorities!

what if there are none? i'm forced to go with some abroad exchange, which i think is the case for many here

i think as long as you use famous exchange there will be no problem, just don't let your coins sit there, or convert them to fiat, all exchange should be insured against fiat fraud but not btc
Activity: 742
October 18, 2015, 08:02:01 PM
I suggest to do trades with trusted exchange which is established/registered in your Home Country! The best part is in case of any dispute, you can claim them through your local authorities!

The problem that in many countries there is no such established exchangers using Bitcoin, or exchanging it , so in this countries people will need for sure to use the online exchangers, no other choice
Activity: 560
October 18, 2015, 01:44:37 PM

It's crazy that at the end, only Poloniex, Btc38 and maybe Bittrex have survived and are still functioning very reliably. All of the other alt coin exchanges are pretty much gone in my opinion or with a lot 9f problems.

It's to be expected really. I'm sure lots of dreamers decided running an exchange would be a fun and painless idea. They'd quickly realise you need serious commitment to make one work properly and a decent income to justify the time expended.

Well i guess most exchanges had made their profit and the work involved to keep the income were getting bigger ,and well some bugs ,problems,i only use poloniex to manage my principal funds,i know the others but till the moment only poloniex has my trust at the moment.Im not saying the others arent safe ,but im dont need to log in there even having accounts .
Activity: 532
October 18, 2015, 01:44:15 PM
dont keep your money in there

lost 2 btc this way

I lost few bitcoins too, when i wanted to exchange doge to bitcoin.
Made an order with a extremely high price then the price was pumped and it was converted to bitcoin.
When i got up i saw the exchange website has gone offline Sad, so no trust at all to them.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
October 18, 2015, 01:11:00 PM
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
October 18, 2015, 12:07:33 PM

copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me
October 18, 2015, 10:16:41 AM
dont keep your money in there

lost 2 btc this way

can you share your experiences lose 2btc ?
where you lose your bitcoin?

Btc-e ? bitstamp ? bitfinex?
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
October 18, 2015, 10:10:25 AM
I would like some percentage of my bitcoin to sell, at these recent peaks and the leave money on the exange.
And buy back when we are all in despair again, which site are recommend?
Sometimes it takes a couple of months before I will buy back.
I will off course set up 2 way authenticator.
Kraken any good?
It needs to be anonymous, and can't withdraw to my personal bank account in the mean time.
Pages:
Jump to: