Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 21. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
March 01, 2018, 09:24:59 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Actually,hackers are very skills,i dont know why they can hack MEW without knowing our private key,because even that all things precaution they remind from not  opening fake website to the safest reminders i did ,they still success to hacking my account,thats why im mostly afraid of hackers because we dont know what things really they,capable off,sometimes i thinks that maybe they have a sottware that capable to hack an  account in MEW or maybe they have a contact in some working in MEW,but this is only my specualation and no probable cause  to support my all statement.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 09:11:29 AM
Anything can be hacked. This is a question of the price and capabilities of the attacker. Also do not forget about the thermorexual cryptanalysis
For me that is possible to happen, and i think not just the myetherwallet is can be hacked but for me all wallet is can be hacked if we will not gonna protect our private key or if we will not secured our wallet. And my advice is always remember our private key.
Activity: 187
March 01, 2018, 09:07:07 AM
As much as I can't guarantee a system I'm not an insider, I'd say MEW is safe and hacking it wouldn't yield anything to anyone who does.

But,

If hijacked or laced with malware, users can be phished and private keys harvested as users use the platform to transact.

To prevent losing your assets, if this happens, MEW advises you bookmark and confirm the page each time you're signing in.

Also, use the most secure method at your reach.
Activity: 291
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 09:00:12 AM
I think it can happen, but it's very difficult to hack myetherwallet.com
March 01, 2018, 08:55:47 AM
Yes it can, and that is why you should use the safest method possible to access it, which at the moment is to have the metamask plugin installed to avoid sending keys on-line.

Can some1 explain this. How is having metamask pluggin safe.
March 01, 2018, 08:54:57 AM
Yes MEW server can be hacked. Though MEW specifically says that it does not hold any keys , so directly tthere will be no harm. However, if the servers are hacked then this could lead to phishing attack. User has to attentive to this...bookmark your MEW website address. It will help you from avoiding such phishing attack. Stay safe out there! Cheers
Activity: 182
March 01, 2018, 08:51:55 AM
In this world, nothing is impossible, I think it has been repeatedly cracked, but it's still good! A lot of people use it, very convenient and fast! If you want to keep your coins in complete safety then use a cold purse, for example Power Ledger.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 518
March 01, 2018, 08:48:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that there is no way to hack myetherwallet (you can bet that if it was possible, hacker already had destroyed it).
When someone claim that it's account was hacked, it's nothing more than his personal mistake.
Usually people enter in a phishing site, or lose their key, and then blame MEW
No, Myetherwallet server itself can be hacked by professional hackers. What it means is that they can change the site's nameservers to their own which will be an another phishing sure ofcourse which will have access to the the user's private keys.
Well, if you think so, then any thing that has a microprocessor and an I / O device can be hacked. Then it's better to immediately go live on a desert island. If you treat everything sensibly, then you need to maximally secure your computer and follow the simple rules of the Internet, in this case I think that worry about breaking myetherwallet is not necessary.
Activity: 264
TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain
February 27, 2018, 12:14:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that there is no way to hack myetherwallet (you can bet that if it was possible, hacker already had destroyed it).
When someone claim that it's account was hacked, it's nothing more than his personal mistake.
No, Myetherwallet server itself can be hacked by professional hackers. What it means is that they can change the site's nameservers to their own which will be an another phishing sure ofcourse which will have access to the the user's private keys.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 540
February 27, 2018, 12:08:24 PM
Yes myetherwallet has a tendency to be hack specially if you trade on etherdelta you will import your private key I advise to you to use metamask to prevent that and don't even put your private key on any site just store it on a safe place and don't even click on any phishing site that can steal your wallet.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution
February 26, 2018, 06:16:31 PM
Yes it can, and that is why you should use the safest method possible to access it, which at the moment is to have the metamask plugin installed to avoid sending keys on-line.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 06:11:56 PM
Activity: 109
February 26, 2018, 01:53:10 AM
Yes try to look at their site especially if you import your private keys you can see at the bottom that there are chance MEW will be compromised
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
February 26, 2018, 01:51:05 AM
Can myetherwallet get hacked?

if this is true and you use the offline version, than hackers will not be able https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/967254448174088192
Activity: 336
February 25, 2018, 06:55:32 PM
While there are no hackers who could do this, it is clear that if you have a huge desire, you can hack all that you want. But I think for the time being that I hack the MEW, very few people can. So do not worry.
Activity: 182
February 25, 2018, 03:06:30 PM
Anything can be hacked. This is a question of the price and capabilities of the attacker. Also do not forget about the thermorexual cryptanalysis
Ha. ha! I think you don't have to make the thermorexual cryptanalysis. You should have basic safety security rules and not enter your private key on any website or elsewhere (cold wallets, metamask can help you)  Wink
I completely agree, you just need to ensure the safety of your computer and do not visit phishing sites. I also recommend that you remove all add-ons from your browser.  Smiley
Activity: 235
February 17, 2018, 08:26:01 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
I think if you want to be more secure, it's relatively safe to buy a hardware wallet.

And not only a hardware wallet like Nano Ledger S is safe, but it is also quite easy to use. Don't worry if you are stupid, just the fact that you know that you are stupid means that you are not 100% stupid. So I think you will manage it with a hardware wallet.
Activity: 490
February 17, 2018, 07:15:48 PM

Yes, of course anything can be hacked, but is it worth the resource need it? The easiest way always is to get the private key of the user.
Activity: 133
February 17, 2018, 07:04:43 PM
Ha. ha! I think you don't have to make the thermorexual cryptanalysis. You should have basic safety security rules and not enter your private key on any website or elsewhere (cold wallets, metamask can help you)  Wink
Activity: 364
February 16, 2018, 09:52:10 AM
Pages:
Jump to: