Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 19. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 11
March 10, 2018, 08:36:39 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but since it's a web service based on the blockchain, as long as you hold possession of the private keys hackers would only have a list of accounts, but they could do nothing without Priv Keys or JSON file to access it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
March 10, 2018, 08:25:55 AM
OFC it can be hacked. Usually it is just a user fault caused by putting a private key on a phishing website and sadly there is no way to reverse the transaction.
On the other hand, there is also an undiversifiable risk meaning the platform itself may be hacked, but sadly nothing can be done in this situation(
copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 07:45:28 AM
I Also Agree That there many ways for hackers to collect the wallet information like malwares and keyloggers but the problem is there's lot of people who still using priv keys to enter their Mew And  Many ways to hacked a wallet now and I think the best way of keeping it safe is Better to hide your account to secure places,  If you treat everything Sensibly, Then you need to maximally secure your Computer and follow the simple rules of the Internet, Because I have a co-Worker here who's tokens in myetherwallet get Hacked, Then you can still lose the Paper, So There is no safe, There is Always a Risk.

Activity: 28
March 05, 2018, 07:59:53 PM
You can say whatever you want, but for me the web wallets will never be as good as hardware and software wallets. You are trusting your money to a third party organization when you could do that by yourself.
Activity: 151
March 05, 2018, 07:54:41 PM
in my opinion, myetherwallet security is not so tight. because, honestly I do not find what the current private key usage is. so for login we just need json file and password. but if your json files are kept safe, your account may be secure.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
March 05, 2018, 07:52:16 PM
Many phising site now especially myetherwallet as i can see its look like the same but there's a one letter added. Make sure to bookmark the true site and be careful by clicking a link to avoid hacking.
Now the scammers are getting smart by creating website addresses and website views that even really resemble the original website, the best way is to bookmarking on the original website
Activity: 350
Merit: 111
March 05, 2018, 07:45:44 PM
Your MEW will not be lost or hacked until you have your Private Key. So you should keep that and make sure that no one else can get it. That's the only way you can access your wallet. It's a good idea to make you back up for your private key. Now you can guarantee that your assets are actually secured.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
March 05, 2018, 07:25:34 PM
there are several ways to hack myetherwallet. And its not called hack. Its a phishing method.
They will serve a website similar to myetherwallet and you will give them your private key thats the only way.

The easiest way to prevent situation like that is to bookmark https://www.myetherwallet.com/ and open it from your bookmarks only. And of course never ever open link from email.
Activity: 910
Merit: 507
March 05, 2018, 07:16:43 PM
Many phising site now especially myetherwallet as i can see its look like the same but there's a one letter added. Make sure to bookmark the true site and be careful by clicking a link to avoid hacking.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
March 05, 2018, 07:08:36 PM
To be safe keep your private key in a cold storage whatever happens don't show it off to anyone. MyEtherwallet is safe just like bitcoin in a bockchain. So better keep it carefully so it won't compromise. Goodluck! Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Bounty Detective
March 05, 2018, 06:52:46 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

By the way bro last time MyEtherWallet got hacked.
and they Hack the DNS.
i don't know the style if in every input of your private key they will hack your private key.
or
In every transaction you do it will go to the hacker's Wallet
Activity: 448
Merit: 37
March 04, 2018, 06:25:08 AM
If I'm undetstanding right MEW is not storing your funds . Your eth tokens stored directly on ethereum blockchain , while MEW is just a UI to access them . So , I think it is almost impossible to hack blockchain , the most easy way to get your funds is to make malware which will steal your password .
Activity: 448
Merit: 140
March 03, 2018, 09:15:58 AM
Representative of the  MyEtherWallet project in a conversation with Cointelegraph reported that rumors about breaking their wallet are "stupid lies". Developers of the purse categorically deny the charges spreading in social networks, according to which hackers changed the DNS-addresses of their service in order to steal user data.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
March 03, 2018, 06:11:17 AM
yes it can be hacked as this is a Platform, but there are very less chances unless you keep your private key safe
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
March 03, 2018, 05:49:32 AM
I think that everything can be hacked... so the best way to protect actually your savings in crypto is an hardware wallet like ledger or trezor...
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
March 03, 2018, 05:44:04 AM
Well, your wallet can be hacked, but not due to myetherwalle fault: the site is completely safe, but if you don't take security measures on YOUR computer, or you enter in a phishing site, of course you will lose all your money.
A lot of people blame myetherwallet for losing money, but if your check their stories in 100% of the cases it was their fault.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
March 03, 2018, 03:48:44 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

of course can. ussually you get phising. now so many phising so be carefully to click in myetherwallet
many people lose their balance because hack on myetherwallet and phising myetherwallet
Activity: 168
March 03, 2018, 03:24:05 AM
yes, there is no perfect wallet , there are many ways to get hack your wallet if you are careless and did a disclosure about your private key to anyone and if you log in to the unprotected site and forget to log out in unsecured gadgets.
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
March 03, 2018, 03:19:05 AM
Your funds are safe because your funds are not stored in your MEW nor on your computer, it is stored in the blockchain. MEW is just an interface to access your funds that are residing in the ETH blockchain. Your funds can only be stolen if you expose your private key by any means and avoid clicking any unknown links you can be phished. And even if you want to see your funds you don't need a private key for that just visit etherscan on any computer enter your public key and you are good to go to see your balance.
Activity: 621
Merit: 288
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 03, 2018, 02:27:13 AM
there are several ways to hack myetherwallet. And its not called hack. Its a phishing method.
They will serve a website similar to myetherwallet and you will give them your private key thats the only way.
Pages:
Jump to: