Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 18. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
March 18, 2018, 07:41:20 PM
No, there are big chances to get your MEW hacked if you do not have a hardware wallet or if you click on a pishing site/you have rats on your computer.
This is sad, but there are hundreds of people getting hacked by this way.
It is possible but with a small chance. Because it is a good online wallet. As long as you avoid entering on phishing sites, your private keys on your computer are safe. Private keys are the most important one. Without it, you cannot retrieve your wallet anymore. Just keep it safe.
Activity: 359
Merit: 100
Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC
March 18, 2018, 07:40:17 PM
It is possible but with a small chance. Because it is a good online wallet. As long as you avoid entering on phishing sites, your private keys on your computer are safe. Private keys are the most important one. Without it, you cannot retrieve your wallet anymore. Just keep it safe.
Activity: 312
Merit: 109
arcs-chain.com
March 18, 2018, 07:30:28 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

MEW can be hack if you didn't protect your private keys. mew has a maximum security, the only thing mew can be hacked it's because of the phishing sites.
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
March 18, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
I believe that the probability that your wallet will be hacked is very low. I should be very accurate with your private key. But as I see you are enough accurate about security even without my advices Cheesy
Activity: 395
March 15, 2018, 11:06:29 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Everything is a little different. It's impossible to break a wallet. You can only lose your funds by opening access to your private key. You can make a mistake by hitting a fishing site. There is a malicious software that can steal your key when entering it. At the moment, the most reliable option for storage is a hardware wallet.
Activity: 312
Merit: 109
arcs-chain.com
March 11, 2018, 07:32:46 PM
It has only low chance of hacking since MEW has a maximum security. The only thing that can hack your account is when you entered in a phishing site or typed the private keys into other sites.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
March 11, 2018, 07:22:54 PM
Since you've backed it up... And as long as u don't post it online i guess ur safe
True, most people whose wallet is hacked because they are carelessly go to a particular site and give their private key to others without him knowing it
Activity: 115
Merit: 1
March 11, 2018, 07:10:22 PM
MyEtherWallet the best wallet for your money. You can be hack only if you enter a private key on fishing sites, wallets.
You must know simple rules for safe in internet.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
March 11, 2018, 06:22:33 AM
The myetherwallet site is extremely safe, due to its specific architecture, so I think it's impossibile it will hacked.
And if you take the necessary security measures about your private key (and off course you tkae care to non enter in phishing sites...) you have a satisfacatory level of safety.
Activity: 258
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 10:07:25 PM
I think that myetherwallet is a lot safer than many of the eth wallets, because the site is decentralized, and if hackers can attack myetherwallet, then eth will have a big crisis.

Activity: 156
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 09:49:02 PM
Since you've backed it up... And as long as u don't post it online i guess ur safe
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
March 10, 2018, 07:09:25 PM
Since it's a platform it is possible that it can be hacked,  but only in a slightly little chance. And you're asking if your wallet is safe, i'm pretty sure it is, just don't lose your private key and the 2nd key because without it, i don't know how else you can have access on your wallet.
Activity: 266
March 10, 2018, 03:49:18 PM
There are a lot of people in the crypto money world. and the money market is very moving. Everything is done online. There are many opportunities for technology thieves. so security is very important. Myetherwallet is safe for me.
Activity: 82
March 10, 2018, 03:46:25 PM
Nobody can tell if mewm can be hack or not those hacker knowns what they want and they have their aims and objectives they work at to achieved.
Activity: 56
March 10, 2018, 03:28:28 PM
It seems to me that your assets will remain available, but in general, probably the best way is to write in support of Wink
Activity: 98
March 10, 2018, 11:36:20 AM
if i may suggest do not open my etherwallet in platfrom preferably using utc, hacer often happened there like my friend opened my etherwallet on platfrom coins he arrived "just disappear and i may recommend to you do not open my etherwallet with private key because a lot of hacking happened because someone opened myetherwallet only with private key.
Activity: 83
March 10, 2018, 11:13:29 AM
if you have the proper and good security no one will got to hack your ether as long as you know your private key you'll  be fine.
Activity: 308
March 10, 2018, 09:56:30 AM
Today I received an email about EOS Airdrop and link to a website with the article cointelĖ́graph.
But the reference was very similar on real, only with points myethĖ́r and so on...   Be more vigilant.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 09:33:17 AM
Hackers can not hack MyETH, but if you are not careful they can send you a link containing the virus. When you do not know and access the link that your computer is infected with the virus, When you access MyETH Wallet, this virus will record your private key and password. They will steal your wallet this way. Be careful.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 10, 2018, 09:26:48 AM
there are several ways to hack myetherwallet. And its not called hack. Its a phishing method.
They will serve a website similar to myetherwallet and you will give them your private key thats the only way.

The hacker might amsend you an email pretebding to be some iind of ICO admin, bounty manager and so on. You will be asked to click a link where it will automatically install some malware to steal your private key. Better get one of those hardware wallet, still better option out there now
Pages:
Jump to: