Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 22. (Read 4237 times)

rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
February 16, 2018, 09:06:18 AM
Your wallet can be hacked if you have some kind of spy software in you computer. IT could get your private key, when you enter it in MEW, or to steal you wallet file and password.  Avoid visiting phishing sites to prevent hackers getting your information.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
February 16, 2018, 08:52:47 AM
It can be since it can be accessed through the use of internet. But in order to avoid being hacked, try to not give your private key to anyone or just don't input it through a platform that is linked to the internet or through your social media accounts.
Yes, you need to keep your secret keys safe. I consider myetherwallet very safe, the main thing is not to enter your keys on sites that pretend to be the original site. Naturally, if you compromise your key, you will lose your money.
copper member
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
HODLwin for the MOON!
February 15, 2018, 01:57:40 PM
We have released the KEY file/.JSN file for a MEW wallet and also hidden clues to its password in the contract code of our token and token-buyer contract. Who ever can guess the password using the clues. The prize is 5,000,000 of our WIN tokens. We will also be releasing more clues during our pre-sale to those who register. Check out the details here https://www.hodlwin.com/#updates

Also this tool may come in handy https://github.com/burjorjee/pyethrecover it can be used if you forget your password and kind of remember it
Activity: 235
Merit: 16
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
February 15, 2018, 01:53:17 PM
It can be since it can be accessed through the use of internet. But in order to avoid being hacked, try to not give your private key to anyone or just don't input it through a platform that is linked to the internet or through your social media accounts.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
February 15, 2018, 01:48:07 PM
few days back i read about the safety of wallet. It says that if someone wants to hack into the wallet it will take 20 years to make someones private key, even it will happen only when there will no update related to the private key. this is so difficult to crack but if your private key got lost than you cant do anything.
Activity: 196
February 15, 2018, 01:36:23 PM
Everything online can be hacked. Your best bet is to store your money in a cold storage wallet (offline) and be careful on inputting your private keys in websites.
Activity: 336
February 15, 2018, 01:31:42 PM
As fas as your private keys are not compromised, your coins are safe in your wallet even if you access the wallet after a longer period. Myetherwallet is impossible to get hacked because it is an opem source service but the most ways your wallet gets hacked is when you save your keys in notepad or share in public on internet,always keep backup of your keys offline to retain more security
I think exactly the same. Its keys must be kept in a secret place, where attackers can not reach. It is also necessary to comply with at least the basic principles of computer security.
Activity: 280
February 11, 2018, 05:47:22 AM
Any software may be hacked, including wallets from different manufacturers. Negative news in this part of the myetherwallet I did not observe, so I trust it
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
February 11, 2018, 02:13:53 AM
I have a question for you: have you tested the code at the possibility for determine the private key from the transaction signature  ?
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
February 11, 2018, 02:09:04 AM
I think the best coin are ETH, ETC and tokens. You cannot make up your private key and keep it in your head on another coins, but on these coins can
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
February 11, 2018, 01:51:42 AM
As fas as your private keys are not compromised, your coins are safe in your wallet even if you access the wallet after a longer period. Myetherwallet is impossible to get hacked because it is an opem source service but the most ways your wallet gets hacked is when you save your keys in notepad or share in public on internet,always keep backup of your keys offline to retain more security
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
February 11, 2018, 01:43:19 AM
As long as you don't enter on phising site , your funds will be ok but make sure you instal all the plugins that myetherwallet provides on the front page and I sugest to install all 3 of them just to be sure that you have extra protection and in future try to by a hardware wallet because it's much more safer.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 366
February 11, 2018, 01:14:30 AM
There is always a possibility that myetherwallet can get hacked and all your funds will be lost. That has happened in the past and there is no reason why we would assume that it won't happen again in the future. But it is not happening all the time. The safety of your funds may not be 100% guaranteed safe but at least it is not at a very high risk. Take note that even the Pentagon website could be hacked. 
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
February 11, 2018, 01:08:57 AM
Hack can be any site on the Internet. If you don't need to go into the wallet, check the tokens and balance through ethplorer.io and always check how the MEW website is written in order not to click on the phishing Wink
Activity: 182
February 11, 2018, 12:54:21 AM
As long as your private key is not exposed to anybody and you backup it you will recover your wallet and it will not lose,it will remain in your MEW wallet and do not put your private key to a usb stick.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
February 11, 2018, 12:45:55 AM
It definitely can! Especially if you have clicked on links in your email that would divert you to your wallet. These links are phishing sites wherein hackers can have access to your account. This is the easiest way for hackers to get hold of your codes. So don’t click on links leading you to your wallet. Go directly to the site just to be sure.
Activity: 156
February 11, 2018, 12:38:11 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Keep your private key safe.  Should be fine
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 11:26:50 PM
Can myetherwallet get hacked? Everything can be hacked now. I think it can be hacked by those who created it. Just be careful in logging in. Make sure your on the right website
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
February 10, 2018, 07:02:16 PM
Make sure to login myetherwallet after you are so sure that you are on a right website. Otherwise a phishing site can easily hack your passwords.
Activity: 275
Merit: 12
February 10, 2018, 06:58:23 PM
It is safe in your wallet and nobody can still unless you will share your private key.Anyone can access your account once you have shared it.Be responsible to your account .Keep the private key in a safe place .Write down in a piece of paper and keep it.Be careful to input your private key online.
Pages:
Jump to: