Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 17. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
April 18, 2018, 03:56:23 PM
Hack can anything, but it all depends on the level of protection. MEW is very secure and I think your funds are protected. The main thing is not to fall for phishing sites. I once went inadvertently on this site. It's good that I didn't enter my data there.
Activity: 504
April 18, 2018, 03:55:04 PM
It can be hacked only when you do something wrong. Many MEW wallets were hacked using phishing pages. You wont have to worry as the keys are kept safe. Make sure you don't use public computers to access MEW wallet.
You almost answered the question yourself, which was asked about the etherwallet. The fact is that the wallet was hacked by many users because of their misuse. In short, it is the fault of the owners themselves.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 03:43:23 PM
If you have your keys and not given them out you should be ok.
Activity: 205
April 18, 2018, 03:24:51 PM
As long as your private key is not being disclosed to any external body except you then your wallet is safe and secure. It can only be hacked if those information is being disclosed.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
April 18, 2018, 03:23:03 PM
It can be hacked only when you do something wrong. Many MEW wallets were hacked using phishing pages. You wont have to worry as the keys are kept safe. Make sure you don't use public computers to access MEW wallet.
Activity: 602
April 18, 2018, 03:21:34 PM
I think that such projects as myetherwallet can not be hacked, most likely this whole story with vulnerabilities is possible only in cases when people themselves become the most important vulnerability, so the wallet itself most likely can not be hacked.
Activity: 432
April 18, 2018, 03:15:49 PM
It can get hacked if you disclose your private key or password to any external body, then you wallet can get hacked. The only solution is not to disclose those things.
Activity: 154
April 18, 2018, 03:13:02 PM
 Think it's impossible! This wallet has very high security. Hackers can only crack your personal wallets and basically with the help of phishing sites.
copper member
Activity: 83
March 19, 2018, 03:28:03 AM
No your etherwallet not get hacked. If by mistake somewhere you paste the private key it will be hacked.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
March 19, 2018, 02:30:14 AM
Myetherwallet cant be hacked. Because its just a blockchain faucet. Its directly connected to the ethereum blockchain. So if you want to hack myetherwallet, you have to hack the ethereum blockchain. And if you just know one thing about the blockchain technology, you should know that is impossible to hack this, because is decentralized, and every note has is a copy of it. So if you change one of them, there will be an alam of the other notes thats something wrong whou could not be!
Activity: 504
YOUC | John McAfee Supports
March 19, 2018, 02:22:36 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

if you never give your private key, or keystore, or password, then your coins are save.
Just don't lose that backup, unless you remember your private key. but it is near impossible to remember private key, it is 64 chars!
Activity: 364
March 18, 2018, 09:41:01 PM
As long as you keep your funds in myetherwallet correctly and never visited the phishing web can be ascertained safe. But it can not be used as a guarantee in the future of your funds in myetherwallet will always be safe. Even myetherwallet developers just do not guarantee the absolute security of the user's funds, we can see the message when first opening myetherwallet website.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
March 18, 2018, 09:38:17 PM
MEW is a UI to access your funds, but those funds are on the blockchain, not stored within MEW itself. Therefore if you have your keys you'll be fine.

Good luck!

-Knightly

Exactlty. The main thing to worry about is to not accidentally use one of the numerous MEW cloned sites. They are plentiful and try to trick you. Make sure you have the correct URL when using MEW
Activity: 196
March 18, 2018, 09:26:32 PM
I think that myetherwallet should not be blacked out unless the official website of myetherwallet is hacked.
However, as long as you do not enter your key anytime.
When you need to enter your key, you may think it is a scam first.
Activity: 110
March 18, 2018, 09:19:42 PM
I think your Wallet can be hacked if someone can specify your private key. So basically install all the required browser extensions to secure your wallet and be sure to hide your keys as well. Avoid visiting phishing sites to prevent hackers from getting your information.
Activity: 123
March 18, 2018, 09:04:02 PM
No, you can't get hack as long you play safe and avoiding all potential activity that can make your wallet get hack, there is many ways to avoiding hack always follow the advice from my ether wallet it self and only open it in a safe situation, then you will be okay.
Activity: 924
Merit: 265
March 18, 2018, 08:57:49 PM
Your acct cannot be hacked but you can forget your private key , many people always forget eth address specially when you look into bounty thread they always saying " please change my eth address because it was hacked " , it will never be hack unless you are giving your private key , as long as you are keeping your private key you are safe .
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
March 18, 2018, 08:40:14 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Your money will be safe. I have been using MEW for a long time and have never lost a lot of money for just $ 1. MEW has very high level of security and hackers are very difficult to penetrate. That is why the price of ETH is very high and only behind Bitcoin. Let's look at their cost and technology background and trust them. I always trust ETH and BTC because they are top coins and there is no doubt.
Activity: 350
Merit: 108
March 18, 2018, 08:37:33 PM
I think anything can be hacked depends on the level of security and greatness of hackers. but for now myetherwallet has a high level of security, most of which hacked is a private owner account. if you use the account safely then your money will be safe.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
March 18, 2018, 07:41:44 PM
With your funds, nothing will happen, since only you have access to your wallet. If your guests do not come to your home and will not receive your access keys! So you can sleep peacefully;)
Pages:
Jump to: