Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 27. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 07:08:41 AM
if you have not posted your private key to myetherwallet. i think you are safe. it would be very nice if there is an ether wallet like jaxx. i don't like myetherwallet
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
February 07, 2018, 07:07:04 AM
Of course it can be hacked. Because I think that we can not create perfect programs yet. Of course, we are striving for this, but we still can not do this. But I think with the help of AI we can.
Activity: 248
February 07, 2018, 12:05:26 AM
keeping your private wallet address makes you more secure but it is better if you will having a hard wallet instead of software wallet, sometimes keeping your private key is enough but if you want to feel secure used hardware wallet  . All wallets can be hacked specially if you are not careful .
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
February 07, 2018, 12:02:47 AM
As long as you not put your private key while login to Myetherwallet, you are safe. Another tips for securing your myetherwallet is, you should try metamask and try to connect it to myetherwallet.
Activity: 110
Merit: 20
February 07, 2018, 12:02:34 AM
I think your coin is still safe.
Because nobody knows about your private key, this is the most important thing to do. Keeping it in a safe, private and secure way, your coin will be safe.
Activity: 458
Merit: 10
February 06, 2018, 11:57:11 PM
Myetherwallet can be hacked by the crypto theft masters around but I will recommend using an hardware wallet like trezor where you private key doesn't leave your wallet. Hardware wallet is the best way to stay away from hack.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
February 06, 2018, 11:50:40 PM
that's possible to hacked the (MEW) my ether wallet by the hackers i suggest to keep the private key to anyone for your own security.
Activity: 658
February 06, 2018, 11:46:57 PM
Myetherwallet is secure to the extent of your own security practise.  If you do not expose your private key to the phishing site and you store your private key properly  in paper wallet or ledger Nano etc,  you are relatively safe!
Activity: 149
February 06, 2018, 11:42:39 PM
Chances are very minor to hack Ether wallet. Just don't share your private keys with anyone. The myetherwallet site is just an interface for creating and managing your wallet. You can even use the local version of myetherwallet on your computer. An attacker can get access to your wallet, if only you yourself somehow compromise your key. So protect your private key at all cost.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
February 06, 2018, 05:35:10 PM
it is highly unlikely that your crypto can be stollen somehow. The thing is that mew is decentrialised system and it is a lot harder to hack than a centralised one.
Activity: 434
February 06, 2018, 05:22:09 PM
At this point, you can hack everything, just something that will be more difficult, something that is easier. In my opinion MyEtherWallet is a fairly safe wallet, but I would still try to minimize my risk!
Activity: 196
February 06, 2018, 05:17:45 PM
The myetherwallet site is just an interface for creating and managing your wallet. You can even use the local version of myetherwallet on your computer. An attacker can get access to your wallet, if only you yourself somehow compromise your key.  Cool
Activity: 672
Merit: 176
February 04, 2018, 04:00:52 AM
The main feature of MyEtherWallet: each client independently controls its account (and is responsible for storing the keys in it). If you lose your key (which is generated during the creation of the account), you automatically lose your money. It is important to approach the registration responsibly (there is nothing complicated in it).
The network again appeared information about the security problems of crypto services. According to rumors, once again, a purse for the MyEtherWallet ether has been compromised. Users of the wallet, namely the EtherBlue project, claimed that the site had undergone a hacker attack. But hacking is not the only way to get users' money or affect the reputation of a crypto currency or service.

The most common way of hacking user accounts is the banal substitution of letters in the domain name. Scammers simply add an extra "t" or "l" to the site name, so users do not notice the difference and trustingly follow links from "reliable" search engines.
But the MEW administration categorically refused to recognize the hacking of the service, assuring that everything works as before and there is no reason to worry. However, the developers were right: the site was not hacked, someone started a rumor to play on the nerves of users.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 04, 2018, 03:14:18 AM
Can someone explain how myetherwallet got hacked?  I created an account there but have don't have any ETH at the moment there.  I seen severals threads about this.  I assume if you are going to the correct website, there are no issues?
myetherewallet can be hacked at any time, you can be careful and you can get your password security or private key. always bookmark myetherwallet for you to get security. and always be careful with phishing sites that make you lose coins.
Activity: 16
February 04, 2018, 03:09:43 AM
I think your assets will remain in your ethereum wallet and will not be lost.
Activity: 451
February 04, 2018, 02:37:31 AM
Can someone explain how myetherwallet got hacked?  I created an account there but have don't have any ETH at the moment there.  I seen severals threads about this.  I assume if you are going to the correct website, there are no issues?
myetherwallet is just a website for us to easy manage our wallet , it's safe to use , don't let everyone know your private key (recommend use hardware wallet) , make sure computer don't infected malware , bookmark official Myetherwallet website and double check website url everytime when access your wallet
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
February 04, 2018, 01:35:22 AM
Activity: 98
February 03, 2018, 11:28:34 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

I think you are safe unless you loose your private keys
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
February 03, 2018, 11:25:35 PM
The only way for your My Ether Wallet to get hacked is if you expose your private key in public. Make sure that you store it somewhere safe that only you can see it for good.

When there are airdrop opportunities out there, never ever enter your private key if they ever ask for it. There are some airdrops that I've encountered that they "need" your private key to automate the process, but that is a complete lie.

Protect your private key at all costs.
Activity: 434
February 03, 2018, 10:57:23 PM
MEW is safe and it's all in the blockchain and can't be hacked by anyone unless you entered a wrong url address which will cause trouble, Always keep your Private key safe and stored. Goodluck!
Pages:
Jump to: