Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 30. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 112
February 01, 2018, 08:47:24 PM
if ur private key is safe and no one know, all the fund on ur MEW will be safe forever.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 522
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
February 01, 2018, 08:45:10 PM
it is possible because last year classicetherwallet was hacked. I think it is not very safe for this reason. we need to use MetaMask or ledger nano s.
Activity: 191
Merit: 10
February 01, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
Yes it could be. If you are just a little bit cautious and careful then nothing will happen eventually. Do not send anyone your private key and follow basic security measures, then no one will ever crack your e-wallet. Beware of phishing.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
February 01, 2018, 04:27:48 PM
myetherwallet are safe to use. It is not easy to hacked. until your private key still safe no one can get your coin. one simple thing to keep your private key safe.you hold keys on the USB stick and there will be no problems.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
January 30, 2018, 04:54:17 PM
Of course, the hackers say that there is no safe place in cyberspace but that will happen if you do not make mistakes in keeping your key because all security provided in myetherwallet is useless if the users themselves are not careful. hackers usually use phishing sites to get information about your account and your security key so you should be able to distinguish this site, if you click on a phishing site then you do not realize that you have submitted your account information.
Phishing attacks are the number 1 reason of people losing their coins in myetherwallet, people need to access that site only from a bookmark of the legit site, never access that website following a link, you could be redirected to a different website that looks the same or you could be infected by malware, but people do not listen until they lose their coins.
Besides the advantages we get from the digital economy, this is probably the disadvantage of the digital world and as daily users we need to be abreast with the latest phishing attempts, hacks and or compromised websites to avoid falling victim of such for not knowing. And i think  myetherwallet cant get hacked as it does not store any users information in some sort of database
Activity: 167
Merit: 59
January 30, 2018, 04:52:12 PM
My best recommendation to you would be to invest in a crypto wallet like a Nano S Ledger or Trezor.

I think realistically these are the ideal security functions to have so you can stay fully safe and feel calm about storing your eth on your wallet.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
January 30, 2018, 04:47:42 PM
Of course, the hackers say that there is no safe place in cyberspace but that will happen if you do not make mistakes in keeping your key because all security provided in myetherwallet is useless if the users themselves are not careful. hackers usually use phishing sites to get information about your account and your security key so you should be able to distinguish this site, if you click on a phishing site then you do not realize that you have submitted your account information.
Phishing attacks are the number 1 reason of people losing their coins in myetherwallet, people need to access that site only from a bookmark of the legit site, never access that website following a link, you could be redirected to a different website that looks the same or you could be infected by malware, but people do not listen until they lose their coins.
Activity: 154
Merit: 2
January 30, 2018, 02:59:48 PM
Hacking is always possible! I was also concerned about this issue. And so he bought "Ledger nano s". In this case, all the funds are stored not on the site but on the device!
Activity: 145
January 30, 2018, 02:47:37 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Yes 2 days before one of my friends wallet got hacked.A virus entered into his laptop and stole the Eth present in that wallet. Be careful!
Activity: 152
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 02:39:25 PM
Yes, there is a possibility to get hacked ETH wallet. Since there is a private key to secure your wallet you have to keep it private and do not disclose to anyone and use only a trusted sites and make sure to close or log out in public computers or gadgets.
Activity: 238
January 30, 2018, 02:22:02 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Your wallet is safe since it is offline. You can retrieve it later if you fix your computer. Make sure that your back up is in safe place and if possible create another back to make sure   that it will be save in case your back up get corrupted.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
January 30, 2018, 02:15:36 PM
Private key is a very important part of every crypto. Your funds in myetherwallet only get stolen when your private key is revealed, so keep it very careful. Do not open the wallet with privatekey because it is very dangerous, risk being hacked and robbed. MEW is a platform and activity on the web online, so I think it's still at risk of hacking. However, it is still operating very well and there are no signs of attack
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
GIF by SOCIFI
January 30, 2018, 08:00:41 AM

In cannot be hacked, if you have used security features in it, your password is difficult to crack and you have not disclosed the keys to anyone else.

As you have already taken the data in USB, your investments will remain in your wallet, which you can access to check at the etherscan.io.  Just be cautious and do not save the password on the computer.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 07:23:31 PM
just don't enter phishing sites or share your private key. then you will probably be safe. if you want to be completely safe, you need to buy a hardware wallet

Activity: 195
January 28, 2018, 07:20:32 PM
Don't worry about the safety of your wallet,  i think that not possible to be hacked, just keep you private key safe that's all.
Activity: 158
January 28, 2018, 06:56:50 PM
As you said that your MEW got hacked then it shouldn't be worried of. As long as you have your private key, then there are still those you have put on it.
Activity: 115
Merit: 1
January 28, 2018, 06:53:23 PM
Myetherwallet is completely safe, your can be hack,only if you enter a private key on dangerous sites, wallets.
In MEW, your money will be safe.
Activity: 164
January 28, 2018, 05:52:45 PM
If you wont access myetherwallet, then even if it gets hacked, your tokens will be safe since you would need to access the hacked site and put in your private key in order for hackers to get access to your wallet.
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
January 28, 2018, 05:24:47 PM
Myetherwallet is relatively secure, however they tell you on the page: You and only you are responsible for your security. So the main threat to your security is you like most case, the biggest security breach in a company is the IT team  Grin
Activity: 350
January 28, 2018, 05:01:16 PM
What does it mean - can - already could! But not exactly hacked, just stole the money through the Etherdelta (there you need to enter your private key).
Pages:
Jump to: