Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 29. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250
February 02, 2018, 03:12:49 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Your ETH tokens are not stored on Myetherwallet. They are stored in the blockchain which can not be manipulated due to its construction.

The only wy an attacker can steal your funds is by guessing your private key.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
February 02, 2018, 02:46:54 AM
Well its possible their a lot of phishing sites out there that can steal your private keys to make sure that your token will be secured you just have to install metamask if you dont have money to buy hardware wallets
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
February 02, 2018, 02:38:33 AM
I don't think that anyone will encounter a problem such as hacking of myetherwallet if anyone haven't stored the necessary key information for access on the computer. Myetherwallet is one of the best wallet platforms, but that doesn't mean it will never get hacked. Only I don't see anything wrong from your point of view right now.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
February 02, 2018, 02:37:35 AM
If your private keys are safe and not hacked with phising or keyloggers than your funds are safe.
Dont use that usb stick with every computer. and nevery type your private key on public computers.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
February 02, 2018, 02:35:05 AM
Yes, the site myetherwallet can be hacked. And if after that you enter your private key, then hacker will use it. This is even a warning on their website. Just use MetaMask or an offline version of the myetherwallet. But even better is to buy a hardware wallet ledger nano for full protection.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 02:17:11 AM
MyEtherWallet private key has a combination of 64 alphanumeric which it is security purposes to be hard guessing, still there's a slim chance that the hacker can get the exact combination as your private key, so it is possible that your account will get hacked.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
February 02, 2018, 02:08:13 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

I think you are too panicked. most importantly you have made backup data when you want to leave the computer for a long time. MEW has been equipped with many features for convenience and protection. so, you do not have to worry, as long as no one knows your private key, no one can access your wallet. exception, the mew party who did it.
Activity: 14
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 02:02:48 AM
MEW is a decentralized platform,its just a medium for use to use the blockchain technology easily,no one owns myetherwallet and if the hacker hacked mew thats the end of all the cryptocurrency because its not possible to hack myetherwallet without hacking blockchain's technology.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 02, 2018, 02:01:23 AM
As long as you are still holding your priv keys, never tell it to the others, not clicking on the phising link and visit the actual website then it's safe. So far MEW proven to be a safe wallet. For phising link, it's quite simple to avoid it. Put your pointer over the link then the actual destination address will showing up on the bottom left of your browser. Make sure the destination address is legit.

How about malwares? Keyloggers?
There are many people got hacked as well eventhough they never get phissed. If you are using your wallet by entering your private key, then you will eventually get hacked, no doubt about that. The only safe wallet is the wallet than even you dont know the private key. In this case the a swer is hardware wallet. Or atleast please use metamask and create new wallet there not importing your current wallet
Activity: 380
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 02:00:01 AM
Been using myetherwallet for almost a year now and it seems ok. Haven't got any problem with it until now. Hopefully they will continue to provide a good service as what they are doing now. So don't worry, things are OK with MEW as long you keep your keys confidential.
Activity: 195
Merit: 103
February 02, 2018, 01:46:17 AM
Yes this can be hacked if you are not careful securing your private key. You should keep your private key safe so that your etherwallet will not be open and steal your coins.
Activity: 322
February 02, 2018, 01:37:22 AM
If you have your private keys with you then no one can hacked myether wallet. Most important thing is keep your private key in a safe place and never tell your private keys or password to anyone. If it is in a safe place no one can hack your wallet but always try to log via UTC/JSON instead of private keys. Further do not go and click phishing sites as well and it is advisable to use hardware wallet. It could help to prevent hacking and hope this will helpful for you.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
February 02, 2018, 01:09:47 AM
My ether wallet does not have that information, so even they are hacked the hacker does not get access to your private keys but what they could do is to modify the site so anyone that logs in is tracked and they get the private key that way, but that is an unlikely scenario.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
February 02, 2018, 01:00:07 AM
As long as you are still holding your priv keys, never tell it to the others, not clicking on the phising link and visit the actual website then it's safe. So far MEW proven to be a safe wallet. For phising link, it's quite simple to avoid it. Put your pointer over the link then the actual destination address will showing up on the bottom left of your browser. Make sure the destination address is legit.
Activity: 644
Merit: 262
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
February 02, 2018, 12:40:12 AM
I think so , because to many accsess can be open wallet , and usually hacker using metode phising web MyEtherWallet for get Privat key or file UTC/JSON.
so I recommended you for save your coin on hardware wallet example TREZOR.
Activity: 406
February 02, 2018, 12:16:45 AM
In the computer world everything is possible. However, if you keep your private keys in a safe place and be careful with websites fakes and scammers the possibility of having your stolen funds decrease greatly
Activity: 18
February 01, 2018, 09:48:16 PM
if private key is safe.. most probably ur wallet is safe...
Activity: 86
February 01, 2018, 09:19:44 PM
myetherwallet is "still" not hacked but probably it'll be hacked one day (I hope it'll stay okey).
Even if it's safe now, beware of the clones and fishing attacks.
Activity: 476
February 01, 2018, 09:13:46 PM
I think yes. If you dont safe your private key by scure. Be carefull if you want to paste your address wallet. Look again. Dont in a hurry. Not enough in one minutes hackers will stolen your coin. Dont try to open your wallet in other PC, it is can make your wallet hack by hackers.
Activity: 304
February 01, 2018, 08:51:48 PM
If your private key is safe and your code. It cannot be, but sometimes hacker is so pro, they fishing some of your coins. That is not good for MEW users.
Pages:
Jump to: