Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 32. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 22, 2018, 10:10:12 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

It is very possible that your funds can be hacked  which is why MEW suggest that people should use Hardwallet to safe guard their funds.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
January 22, 2018, 10:08:49 AM
No it cant get hacked, you just need to secure your  wallet. Best thing to do is, dont ever lose or share your private key to anyone. That is the best way to secure your myetherwallet.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 500
In CryptoEnergy we trust
January 22, 2018, 08:48:31 AM
If to furnish to nobody the confidential clue, not to visit by mistake the counterfeit websites, then to crack a purse not to turn out. Often people make silly mistakes and receive breaking.
Activity: 360
January 21, 2018, 09:17:01 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Yes, as I read you are quite safe.
Activity: 196
January 21, 2018, 09:15:19 AM
You can hack everything if you want, you can just sit and find the private keys, Yes, maybe even some sort will pick up your grandchildren, because there are 64 characters. But you can hack.
Activity: 392
January 21, 2018, 08:56:17 AM
Yes it could be. If you are not careful enough your MEW account could be hacked. Better check the website URL if it was correct. Nowadays hackers are copying the interface of the site to steal informations from users who visited the site and input their private keys.
Activity: 602
January 21, 2018, 05:24:53 AM
Of course, it can be hacked if you hand out to your right and left your customary keys to anyone, well, and if you do it carefully, then most likely everything will be fine, but lately I understand that the attacks are intensifying
Activity: 328
Merit: 39
January 21, 2018, 05:12:50 AM
It seems that there are different opinions; I would like to know if those who consider insecure myetherwallet have proofs of what they say (I mean, you know for sure that someone had the account hacked) or it's just an opinion
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 20, 2018, 04:53:18 PM
Absolutely, your funds and wallet are safe as long as you're not giving your key to anyone
The wallet and the private key that was built from MyEtherWallet is definitely not a safe file. You have to change the passwords to the wallet.
Activity: 423
Merit: 11
January 20, 2018, 02:50:08 PM
I can not make sure myetherwallet.com is safe from hackers. Because I've lost token a few times. I am concerned myetherwallet and unsafe account, because there does not verify any data.
Activity: 421
January 20, 2018, 02:36:57 PM
MEW is a UI to access your funds, but those funds are on the blockchain, not stored within MEW itself. Therefore if you have your keys you'll be fine.

Good luck!

-Knightly
Agreed, by keeping your private key or password it will be safe for sure, unless you click some fishing site which it may lead you to hack your account. Or don't tell to anyone your private key or what, Just always be cautious and careful n what you're doing mate.
Activity: 154
January 20, 2018, 01:35:49 PM
it can't! You can get hacked, your computer can get hacked, but not MeW. otherwise, it would've been already done a long time ago.
Activity: 280
January 20, 2018, 08:15:07 AM
Nothing can be 100% safe, but MEW is so solid that I don't think hacker will lose their time trying to hack it.
Much more simple to hack YOUR computer, if they know you have ethereum. So, take care.

I completely agree with you. In our time, you need to be very careful because scammers have become very cunning. You have to double check the site on which you enter your private keys.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 20, 2018, 08:04:36 AM
Nothing can be 100% safe, but MEW is so solid that I don't think hacker will lose their time trying to hack it.
Much more simple to hack YOUR computer, if they know you have ethereum. So, take care.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
January 20, 2018, 01:43:24 AM
I think your account will be safe and nobody can hack your account, especially you rarely access myetherwallet, because the biggest threat your account can be hacked is if you go wrong into myetherwallet fake website or phishing website, so I think your privatekey and account will be safe

Yeah is to safe for you account. It not easy to hack. Most of the people use the wallect for the future saving and investment. It accept the all tokan. So you will use for it. If used to start you will check and learn the process for how to use. You will know the wallet rules. Then you will use. It safe for you saving. So don't share any account information.
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
January 20, 2018, 01:42:06 AM
Your account will be ok.  Do not drop Pvkeys
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
January 20, 2018, 01:34:07 AM
I think your account will be safe and nobody can hack your account, especially you rarely access myetherwallet, because the biggest threat your account can be hacked is if you go wrong into myetherwallet fake website or phishing website, so I think your privatekey and account will be safe
Activity: 378
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
January 20, 2018, 01:31:25 AM
in my personal opinion, myetherwallet.com wallet can be hacked, but maybe that's a bit hard to do.
Activity: 420
January 20, 2018, 01:28:15 AM
Can be hacked your myetherwalet if didn't read the instruction given by the Myetherwallet. Always keep your private key safe and never save in any cloud service also. Also, keep you away from the phisher. They are always sending a link to your email with identical url like the myetherwallet. So, never click on this type of link.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 20, 2018, 01:26:36 AM
Every system has its drawbacks, as long as you store the usb and store it in a safe place it will reduce the potential loss of your wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: