Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 43. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 13, 2018, 07:08:12 PM
Even though My Ether Wallet is good and quite secured. It can be attacked and down anytime. So, it is always recommended to have a hardware wallet to store your coins.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
January 13, 2018, 07:05:21 PM

Recently, MEW was hacked from the official site sent to a hacker site, where when entering a private key it was stored by hackers. So it's better not to go from the official site, but always with Metamask, and do not switch from the links sent to the mail.
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
January 13, 2018, 07:00:18 PM
It wont happen unless you are careless with your password and your private key.. Hackers can make a phishing site that will trigger to hack your account. The best move that you can do is store your private key safe that no one ever touch that even a single letter.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
January 13, 2018, 06:56:54 PM
As long you keep your private key and Keystore file somewhere safe from someone, you definitely have no problem and it will be secured for sure. However, I suggest that you should type myetherwallet.com manually instead of clicking a link somewhere.

There are some malicious links which most newbies think that it is from the My Ether Wallet, which is not. Make sure you also double check the SSL name (MYETHERWALLET US LLC) before entering any details.

Just my two satoshis. Cheesy
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
January 13, 2018, 11:36:51 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Change your wallet every time and then there will be no problems, this is a simple and effective advice for any newcomer. This should help you
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 11:02:16 AM
it's very difficult to hack myetherwallet since the source code is public and anyone can review it.

and your funds are safe because MEW don't store private keys.
Activity: 126
Merit: 21
January 13, 2018, 11:00:20 AM
anything is possible these days..if your wallet is online there is a big chance it can be hacked. if you have more than enough money it is advisable to invest on hard wallets or offline wallets. as long as you dont loose your private keys then you are safe with your coins.
Activity: 120
January 13, 2018, 10:51:58 AM
Well obviously it can, anything put online is at risk of getting hacked, considering myetherwallet handles a coin with massive value (ETH) + all the new ico's that are being added. I have my MEW account, but I'm planning to install a local ethereum wallet instead. It's safer to hold my coins that way. or maybe  get a ledger nano s.
Activity: 448
January 13, 2018, 10:49:43 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Your money will be safe. The failure of your computer to store them will not affect)
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
January 13, 2018, 10:34:29 AM
I use MyEtherWallet all the time and I never had a problem.
Protect your private keys, that is the most important and be careful is it the real site you are going to. Never open link someone send it to you.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
January 13, 2018, 10:26:07 AM
Careless can get you hacked no matter what wallet you will be using. MEW is safe unless your private key is compromised. You must keep your key safe.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
January 13, 2018, 10:23:42 AM
If you exposed your private key for your myetherwallet then you will get hacked and your funds is at risk and it can be stole by the hackers and you will only see 0 balance from your account. There is a lot of things that they are doing in order to hack some myetherwallet like phishing so be careful when you use some site because phishing sites are everywhere.
Activity: 1022
January 13, 2018, 10:17:32 AM
the function as capturing the character text with the returns of typing or pasting from records might be followed on appeals as user of ecash to apply customs of personal security strategy according situation with the computer and network.
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
January 13, 2018, 10:00:45 AM
If their Website is your concern, It's seems impossible to happen because I think their website are secured. But if you mean that your fund in MEW, yes it is possible to lose it when others get your Private key. So you should take good care of it.
Activity: 356
Merit: 13
coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev
January 13, 2018, 09:54:56 AM
Any account, site or anything else that has a password or keys, in theory, can be hacked.  Therefore, a cool purse will be more reliable.  Each individually chooses, which is more convenient.
Activity: 420
Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data
January 13, 2018, 09:51:21 AM
yes it is safe ... but don't trust 100% ..and never give your private keys to anyone

it's right, you can not tell your private keys to other people. And forever you need to check on the right site whether you enter your password or your private key.
Activity: 125
January 13, 2018, 09:46:03 AM
yes it is safe ... but don't trust 100% ..and never give your private keys to anyone
Activity: 365
Merit: 108
January 13, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Myetherwallet is the very secure wallet. And it's very difficult due to the private key.As you seen that in private keys totally 64 character including numbers.so i think it's impossible to hack the myetherwallet.But if you share your private keys with any other person then he/she can access you account and they can also withdraw your money.so i suggest you to never share your private key with any person.
Activity: 186
Merit: 13
January 13, 2018, 09:32:04 AM
Thats why we recommend to use hardware wallets, hardware wallets are super safe.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
January 13, 2018, 09:27:03 AM
Yes its possible, you have to be careful with the hackers nowadays, Always make sure that you give your public address and the private keys.

I assume this is a typo?
Always make sure you give your address AND the private keys? What are you talking about Grin
Pages:
Jump to: