Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 41. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102
January 15, 2018, 04:42:23 AM
Make sure you store you private keys in a completely secure place, other than your main computer and you should be safe.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Get your share of the future
January 15, 2018, 04:00:12 AM
ANYTHING can be hacked. However, I feel really safe with MEW, MetaMask, Trezor, and Ledger. We are all grownups here. If you don't trust yourself, just use CoinBase...
Anything can be hacked if it's connected to internet. If you want to save your coin savely you should store it in hardware wallet which not connected to internet. But actually online wallet which has big brand name is also safe. Blockchain.info is the best online wallet for now.
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
January 15, 2018, 03:58:34 AM
Since it's a platform it is possible that it can be hacked,  but only in a slightly little chance. And you're asking if your wallet is safe, i'm pretty sure it is, just don't lose your private key and the 2nd key because without it, i don't know how else you can have access on your wallet.

I think lose those two keys is the biggest problem and you could not get access to your own wallet.
Because of that key also you can be hacked by someone who not responsible. Please be carefull. The only person who can keep your wallet safe is just you.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 03:51:34 AM
Your Myetherwallet is safe as long as your private key is not exposed and your medium of storing it is safe. Beware of phishing links and ensure that whenever you get a new laptop, u double check each site you open to avoid being a victim of a hack.
Activity: 531
Merit: 250
January 15, 2018, 03:45:39 AM
ANYTHING can be hacked. However, I feel really safe with MEW, MetaMask, Trezor, and Ledger. We are all grownups here. If you don't trust yourself, just use CoinBase...
Activity: 158
January 15, 2018, 03:33:46 AM
Yes of course, your Ethereum wallet can be hacked as you have mistaken or you accidentally gave your private key instead of your Ethereum address when you are having a transaction, and once that happens then you bare probably in danger.
Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
January 15, 2018, 03:30:48 AM
As long as you don't lose your private keys, you should not worry to get hacked. Most wallets are very safe, just keep up to date with different news, and always safe your private keys on a different device other than the one you use your wallet.
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
January 15, 2018, 03:22:18 AM
I don't recommend store your Private key in USB sticks , It's not safe , Just write down your seed in paper and store in a safe place , never user private key to login MEW and don't download any unsafe program in your computer , anyway , MEW is safe and they don't store your fund or sensitive information , just a UI to let you easy to manage your address
Activity: 345
January 15, 2018, 03:12:32 AM
That would be the most tragic thing that will happen if you're not careful on handling your wallet keys, that's why investors are now using hardware wallet in order to secure and have peace of mind. If you're holding hundreds of thousands of dollars while your digital wallet information isn't secured then you gotta face possible problems later on.
Activity: 274
Your Data Belongs To You
January 15, 2018, 03:11:18 AM
If your pc connects to the internet you are not safe and even antivirus won’t help. The best way to have second computer without internet, download pc version of wallet.  It is safe by 97%.
Activity: 2
January 15, 2018, 03:07:33 AM
In my opinion,My Etherwallet is secure as long as you know your private keys.And it will never be hacked by soneone ad long as you do not post it publicly or in any way giving it and sharing it to others.It will really be hacked.
It's true. Since Myetherwallet never stored any private key in their database, an user does have full responsibility for securing his private key. So, if an address is hacked, it is the user's carelessness itself.
Activity: 144
January 15, 2018, 02:50:14 AM
It is still possible to be hack though they would really have a hard time to do that plus the chances of your wallet being targeted is almost next to zero unless you get caught in some phishing sites or virus unknowingly but since you are confident that you were not then I think your well wallet is safe.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
January 15, 2018, 02:43:56 AM
Of course, it can be hacked like any other system in the world, the only question is how valuable information lies in your wallet or how valuable your wallet is, that's what people pay attention to, so it's worth seriously thinking about it
Activity: 151
PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY
January 15, 2018, 02:32:56 AM
In my opinion,My Etherwallet is secure as long as you know your private keys.And it will never be hacked by soneone ad long as you do not post it publicly or in any way giving it and sharing it to others.It will really be hacked.
Activity: 52
Merit: 6
January 15, 2018, 02:26:46 AM
You just have to keep your private key safe and not to post related e-mail everywhere, as scammers can use social hacking to get access to your e-mail, sending you special as if official mails with acction needed
Activity: 200
January 15, 2018, 01:17:35 AM
I think it is safe as long as no one knows about your private key but there is a chance that it could be hack so you better take care of your private key and 2nd key.
Activity: 351
January 15, 2018, 01:15:01 AM
It will not be hacked, if you will keep your private key and didn't share it to another person or airdrops. But if you entered your private key in public airdrops or any public campaigns, there's a chance that it will be hacked. Just keep an eye on your tokens stored in in your wallet and be mindful before submitting to any public airdrop or campaign.
Activity: 406
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
January 15, 2018, 12:24:46 AM
It's possible it can happen anytime if you're  not aware or careful because there are lots of fake etherwallet site or phishing site out there, counterfeit tactics of those scammer. You have to very careful in logging in and out and secure your private key do all the necessary measure to protect is so that you will not outweigh by those people.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
January 15, 2018, 12:10:25 AM
Everything can be hacked in internet. Hackers has has a big brain and can be able to hacked everything that is why we need to be very careful in giving and confirming information in any transactions. Do not be lazy in reading before you accept confirmation. And safetiness will always be depend on how careful you are especially with your private keys.

i agree and even though we are too careful enough , there are still times that we might get hacked again and its not our fault anymore but rather the site itself that were using or accessing its because hackers are verry smart people and they will always find a way to open a loophole and make an exploit possible. 

Re: Can myetherwallet get hacked?
yes it is , there were many reports all the time that users lost their coins inside thier mew account. the only way too avoid it is being extra cautios and always check the correct url address of the site befor inputing your private keys too avoid geting phished and hacked.
Activity: 364
January 15, 2018, 12:01:05 AM
Everything can be hacked in internet. Hackers has has a big brain and can be able to hacked everything that is why we need to be very careful in giving and confirming information in any transactions. Do not be lazy in reading before you accept confirmation. And safetiness will always be depend on how careful you are especially with your private keys.
Pages:
Jump to: