Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 44. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 09:22:07 AM
you account is safe if you don't gave your secret/private key to anyone. mew is unhackable as of now.
just don't give your private key you don't need to worry about it.
Activity: 234
Merit: 10
January 13, 2018, 09:21:47 AM
It can if you careless and input your private key in the fishing attack.
Activity: 336
January 13, 2018, 09:20:04 AM
There are lots of threads created with the same question.so it is better to explore the forum before creating the topic.

MEW wallets can't be hacked unless you keep your private keys in a secure place.The secure place means in an offline drive or in paper.you don't have to store private keys in online drive or even in your computer because the phising likns can steal your private keys from computer.

Yes , i agree ! There are lots of threads created with the same question !
--
Myetherwallet are safe to use. It is not easy to hacked. Until your private key still safe no one can get your coin. One simple thing to keep your private key safe!
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
January 13, 2018, 09:05:14 AM
There are lots of threads created with the same question.so it is better to explore the forum before creating the topic.

MEW wallets can't be hacked unless you keep your private keys in a secure place.The secure place means in an offline drive or in paper.you don't have to store private keys in online drive or even in your computer because the phising links can steal your private keys from computer.
Activity: 490
January 13, 2018, 08:55:11 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
The possibilities can be very small hacked. I think myetherwallet is very safe, there is a key can only be used by users.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
January 13, 2018, 08:52:14 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Yes, so you should be responsible for your private key because when someone else knows that they can open your wallet. But if no one knows your private key. they can not open your wallet
Activity: 224
January 13, 2018, 08:32:16 AM
MyEtherWallet is still a site/platform though, so it can be hacked if someone could. But I think the security of myetherwallet is too good to be hacked easily by someone, and you can still avoid these by doing what they suggest you to do with your access to your wallet.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
January 13, 2018, 08:07:09 AM
It is highly unlikely that it can be hacked, as the private key is with you it is almost impossible to hack. Just don't lose your private key, always keep your private key in a safe place, so that nobody can get hold of it.
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
January 13, 2018, 08:06:08 AM
Yes its possible, you have to be careful with the hackers nowadays, Always make sure that you give your public address and the private keys.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
#1 ICO on a Global eCommerce Ecosystem! Worldwide
January 13, 2018, 07:53:26 AM
You can be hacked only if you show you private keys on gfshing sites , or another places. Itself Myetherwallet is very safe wallet.

I do believe that myetherwallet cannot be hacked and everytime you are going to access your wallet name sure the site is properly typed to avoid wallet exposure into hackers or hijackers.
You are the responsible for your own wallet and keys because myetherwallet has been giving warnings to the users that they are not responsible of in case your assets are lost.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
January 13, 2018, 07:52:50 AM
Attack on your wallet is possible, attackers can simply write a program that will methodically sort through private keys. But such a probability is very small, so just hide your keys further.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
#1 ICO on a Global eCommerce Ecosystem! Worldwide
January 13, 2018, 07:49:49 AM
Taking good responsibility on your myetherwallet will eliminate it being hacked because you are the only one who could provide protection of your wallet information or keys.
Don't let anyone can access your computer or your backup storage in order to keep your assets safe.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
January 13, 2018, 07:46:17 AM
I think that any technology created with the help of software code can be hacked. Just keep your secret key safe, so that no one else knows about it Wink
Activity: 546
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
January 13, 2018, 07:44:31 AM
You can be hacked only if you show you private keys on gfshing sites , or another places. Itself Myetherwallet is very safe wallet.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
Keep Working
January 13, 2018, 07:43:20 AM
Yes any website can be hacked, there is no guarantee. However your funds are safe as long as you are not going to share the Private key.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
January 13, 2018, 07:40:28 AM
It can be hacked if other people have access on your private key or json but it's impossible to be hacked even if they know your password.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
January 13, 2018, 07:30:54 AM
So far there was no report of myetherwallet hacked as long as you have bookmarked the official myetherwallet site your funds are safe you bookmarked it so there will be no confusion if your tokens is hacked it is because of your neglect
Activity: 140
January 13, 2018, 07:28:52 AM
If you are not entering your private keys in a malicious site or a hacked site, your account is 100% safe. The only reason hackers have access to your wallet account is that you put your private key in their hands.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
January 13, 2018, 07:18:38 AM
Imagine a world where crypto was your only money and if it were stolen you couldnt eat or pay your bills? Anyone else just a little paranoid already? I know its got to me lately.

That would be the most tragic thing that will happen if you're not careful on handling your wallet keys, that's why investors are now using hardware wallet in order to secure and have peace of mind. If you're holding hundreds of thousands of dollars while your digital wallet information isn't secured then you gotta face possible problems later on.

My friend actually "got hacked" while waiting for his Trezor to arrive  Cry Also others purchasing them off ebay have faced scams where the codes were already scratched. as the value goes up people are just going to get more crafty with this stuff. Sad really.
Activity: 364
January 13, 2018, 07:16:05 AM
There is no reason to worry if all the keys with you and you did not show them and did not enter on another computer, this wallet is well protected so you can be calm
Pages:
Jump to: