Pages:
Author

Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked? - page 11. (Read 4237 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 11:14:55 AM
I guess the security system of myetherwallet is not really secured.If you noticed when you make a wallet on their site there is a pop up message that contains reminders of not being safe.Because I have a co-worker here who's tokens in myetherwallet get hacked.He don't have any idea how did it hapened.And that token now is worth of 2k USD all.
Activity: 261
Merit: 105
May 02, 2018, 11:07:06 AM
I think that hacking without the fault of the owner of the wallet is impossible. At least no one says that he was hacked, but on the contrary, they say that he was hacked, after he moved to a fake site MEW. It's big difference.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
May 01, 2018, 09:02:47 AM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Yes, because it is a website wallet and hackers can get your data through DNS you are using. Your funds is safe when you are using metamask because it is encrypted on a extension of chrome on a desktop. Your funds cannot easily disappeared because you have the private keys and don't access your wallet using your private keys on myetherwallet.
Activity: 32
May 01, 2018, 08:53:41 AM
If you have your private keys with you then no one can hacked myether wallet. Most important thing is keep your private key in a safe place and never tell your private keys or password to anyone. If it is in a safe place no one can hack your wallet but always try to log via UTC/JSON instead of private keys. Further do not go and click phishing sites as well and it is advisable to use hardware wallet. It could help to prevent hacking and hope this will helpful for you.
Activity: 578
Merit: 250
May 01, 2018, 08:45:19 AM
I heard there was a recent hack with the DNS of some users being redirected from MyEtherWallet's website to one that looked identical but was on an insecure host.  https://cointelegraph.com/news/myetherwallet-warns-that-a-couple-of-its-dns-servers-have-been-hacked

Looks like $150k was stolen.
Activity: 19
May 01, 2018, 08:40:19 AM
It can be hacked only when you do something wrong. Many MEW wallets were hacked using phishing pages. You wont have to worry as the keys are kept safe. Make sure you don't use public computers to access MEW wallet.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
April 30, 2018, 08:19:39 AM
Unless the MEW site is hacked itself, your funds are quite safe. Keep your private keys very safe.
copper member
Activity: 476
April 29, 2018, 02:06:22 PM
There is 100% chance of myetherwallet to be hacked. Hackers are always looking for the right time to hack the wallet and make your pocket empty. The best thing to do is securing myetherwallet with safety device like trezor. All of your coins are totally safe in this and hackers are just fooling around the website.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
April 29, 2018, 02:04:24 PM
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
maybe your computer get the viruse . when you download in internet you can get the viruse
with the viruses someone make the viruses can access your data in your computer
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
April 29, 2018, 01:57:57 PM
it can get hacked. even hardware wallets can get hacked. impossible is nothing. but i believe myetherwallet is safe. if you keep your computer away from virusses and trojans you will be safe.
Activity: 66
April 29, 2018, 01:55:41 PM
Its gonna be safe if you keep your usb stick and paper by your own and do not let them stolen by anyone else. Hackers only able to get into your wallet if they know the private keys.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
April 29, 2018, 01:53:41 PM
The service itself I do not think it can be hacked, but there is always a possibility, so it's likely that it will be stupid to say that it can not be 100%, so the answer is 99%, well, 1% is The probability that the service will be hacked only because of the person
Activity: 125
April 29, 2018, 01:52:00 PM
MEW has recently got compromised a few days ago because of a huge hack in where more than millions worth of ETH got stolen.

That is why i prefer to use MEW but only with Ledger, otherwise, i dont use it.
Activity: 280
April 29, 2018, 01:40:05 PM

In fact, everything is simple. If you have exposed your secret key for your myetherwallet, then you will be hacked, and your funds will be at risk and can be stolen by hackers. There are many things that they do to crack some myetherwallet like phishing, so be careful when you use some kind of site, because phishing sites are everywhere.
Activity: 196
April 29, 2018, 07:55:49 AM
in recent news met with information that have myetherwallet originated problems with security. I use myetherwallet and will not change. think it's safe
Activity: 226
April 29, 2018, 07:52:59 AM
If your private key is kept on safe place then nobody will not be able to access your accout. If you do'nt loss your private key then no need to worry. Just be patience.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
April 29, 2018, 07:51:14 AM
Anything can be hacked nowadays, the main problem is that people don't know basic ways of scam online. Just read few articles abotu it and phising, malware and other stuff will never be your problem.
Activity: 220
April 29, 2018, 07:16:25 AM
Your MEW will not be lost or hacked until you have your Private Key. So you should keep that and make sure that no one else can get it. That's the only way you can access your wallet. It's a good idea to make you back up for your private key. Now you can guarantee that your assets are actually secured.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
April 29, 2018, 07:14:23 AM
I think not, but there are many phishing sites that you can go to by mistake, which will lead to the theft of your data! So always check where you enter your password!
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
April 29, 2018, 02:01:17 AM
Yes,Myetherwallet may be hacked. Because i listed from one person who lost the very precious coin from ether wallet and he did not share any private key of that particular wallet to any where and no any type of clue got how did get hack that account. So any thing can happen with ether wallet, But with the trezor offline wallet for full security.
Pages:
Jump to: