Pages:
Author

Topic: Can someone find out that you own bitcoin ? - page 3. (Read 787 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 2
I was following a thread and was amused by some of the answers. I'm interested to see how much people know.
You true identity will not be identified in crypto world. It is so difficult for  someone to know you, how much more if someone wants to know the owner of the bitcoin he is buying. Unless you will reveal yourself or is required like KYC.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
There are numerous ways you can be uncovered as a Bitcoin client. On the off chance that you don't utilize ToR or comparative programming, your ISP realizes that you visit Bitcoin assets like this discussion. Individuals leave numerous breadcrumbs that can uncover them even with no chain examination, they talk about Bitcoin straightforwardly via web-based networking media or even in private messages (locales like Facebook certainly read them), same goes for genuine - one can specify Bitcoin a couple of times with companions and all of a sudden everybody realizes that they are a Bitcoin client.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
we can't be anonymous with bitcoin that we have, everything can be tracked in every block. this is the most important thing, the privacy of bitcoin is yours and you have to secure your private key.
Activity: 108
I would say its so easy to find out our ownership of bitcoin.when we open the account in bank and other public dealing submitted the identity proof by us.
Activity: 62
not just bitcoin but all cryptocurrency in general are pseudo anonymous. It's up to you and how you handle your transaction and how you keep your asset.
I believe transparency is key characteristic of blockchain and with now KYC for more exchanges I believe being anonymous is now just a history.

Privacy/fungibility will be a key issue moving forward. KYC/AML and the way legal entities (corporations) interact with crypto-currencies is something that everyone should become familiar with. They are the enemy of freedom/crypto-anarchism.

There will be multiple competing methods of interacting with crypto... the system/bankers/legal version will be somewhat of a dystopian nightmare, as it currently already is. Those who know how to use decentralized exchanges and keep their jurisidiction in tact will be as free as you can get financially.

Ignore what is sold to the masses, learn why it is sold to them and how to avoid enslaving yourself... since that is the only goal of the traditional banking/legal system.
Activity: 936
Merit: 100
may be able to know from the address that we send between exchange through transaction. so I think we can see someone transactions from the exchange address. this can be seen by the public
copper member
Activity: 196
I think it's so easy to find out our ownership of bitcoin. because when we open the account in bank or any other public dealing organisation submitted the identity proof by us.one things more almost transactions are doing online system means Internet. due to high technology it is  possible to find out l think so.
Activity: 242
Merit: 10
Most of the encrypted currencies are pseudo anonymous. I think the best thing to do in terms of anonymity is XMR, DASH, XVG, so in the future, anonymous money may grow even more.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
As far as I know, there is no mechanism to link a particular Bitcoin address with an IP. So unless you links your wallet with some exchange or bank-related stuff, your identity will remain anonymous.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
I would say yes, because we're hi-tect to technology days past they update and improve that people easily pick up and know so don't put your real info to avoid know you and you characteristics and this time it is hard to keep your privacy especially if you access internet.
Activity: 462
BitHostCoin.io
With d little knowledge I av on crypto,  I would say, absolutely it is possibly, but the method depends on who the someone is.. in theory, it's almost always possible. Anyone who visits an exchange and registers their identity, can in theory be tracked easily unless the person uses fake information.

You are right, tracing and tracking the bitcoin owner is really possible most specially if someone undergo a kyc verification also the technology is high now and all is possible to trace now.
Activity: 69
With d little knowledge I av on crypto,  I would say, absolutely it is possibly, but the method depends on who the someone is.. in theory, it's almost always possible. Anyone who visits an exchange and registers their identity, can in theory be tracked easily unless the person uses fake information.
Activity: 25
It's hopeless because your identity is unrevealed. No one can know that you own bitcoin
Activity: 29
If some can find out that you own bitcoin than bitcoin can not be so popular like that
but it still might have some problem we still not find out,i think  Tongue
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
No one can track you that how much money have but anyone can saw your transaction details if they know you address or wallet id,so we will stay anonymous until we don't share our address to anyone.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
I was following a thread and was amused by some of the answers. I'm interested to see how much people know.

I think someone cannot know that you own bitcoin unless they know your bitcoin address.
This can be done if you are using exchange require your identity. Just very careful when submitting any kind of information of your identity.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
if in my opinion it is impossible for someone to know that we have bitcoin or not. unless we tell them. because it can be risky if we show the assets we have to others .
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
If you don't brag about having Bitcoin and keep some basic safety measures I don't think anyone will find out.

Basic safety measures: using vpn, anonymous wallets, p2p trades for fiat conversion, anonymous exchanges, secure emails (such as proton mail), disposable phone numbers.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
i think yes if you provide your secret keys but without this no one can see your bitcoin and no one will know that u own bitcoin.
bitcoin is anonymous.
actually there is not any way to know you have bitcoin or not, you're right bitcoin have anonymous nature, so there isn't any identity
that is visible, so anyone won't know which bitcoin address you are and how much bitcoin you have, no one will know that
Activity: 644

Yes. It is possible to find out that you own bitcoin, you can not hide it forever. There are people who are curious about bitcoin so they will find a way to know more about this. They will know if you have bitcoin if you share your thoughts or information of it in social media just like in facebook, twitter or on youtube, and they will notice that you are engage of cryptocurrency when you shared some project on your social media. More over, if they will check your phone you have a different cryptowallet installed on your phone.And as long as you will not tell them how much you earn or how much you had on your wallet they will never know it.
Pages:
Jump to: