Pages:
Author

Topic: Can someone find out that you own bitcoin ? - page 4. (Read 787 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 10
If you dont say about this no one never know about your bitcoins.
And with this condition you can never use your bitcoins, and when you use your btc some one know about you have btc)) its a circle
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

The exchanges where you sign up to acquire your BTC would know you have it of course. If you verify and put all your information as they asked for KYC then you're completely good to go as the government needs that. Also if you keep announcing and sharing crypto news in your facebook account then people would assume you have coins.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Everything is anonymous in Crypto market. The safest market is hardware wallet. If you use it, no one can know you own bitcoin. But if you use other wallet or access public internet, your information may be stolen.
Activity: 21
 Bitcoins are only traceable as much as IP addresses are. If you anonymize yourself wrt to the IP addresses,  that particular transaction can't be traced to you.
Of course, there are counterparties involved in any transaction, you would have to make sure that you and your transaction (including the chain of previous transactions) are anonymous wrt to your identity to the counterparty as well. It would be impossible in the general case to be untraceable, but there are many specific cases where you could do truly anonymous transactions, like purchasing and consuming a purely digital service or goods over an anonymous network.
 In short it's more traceable than cash, but much less traceable than traditional payment networks.
Activity: 28
Absolutely.  Every transaction is recorded in the blockchain, a public ledger that is shared with every participant in the bitcoin network. 

When you buy bitcoins from an exchange they (or their bank) are supposed to follow know your customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering protocols to identify you.  Once your initial purchase is linked to your identity, every other transfer of Bitcoins can be traced back to you.
Activity: 340
Merit: 1
Goverment can trace if you have a bitcoin unless if you revealed you give the wallet address they can trace you. The important is you need to be secretly if you have bitcoin because it takes you in a risk especially if you are country that totally banned bitcoin be careful to hide your identity because nowadays their are many hackers can trace you and some are are work by goverment to trace illegal activities in a website. Be careful always.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
Absolutely, IF they feel the need to, for example if you are using them for illegal purposes; and remember they have effectively limitless resources at their disposal. Think GCHQ, Homeland security/CIA etc   
Activity: 130
WayMaker Miracle Worker
Nobody will know if you own bitcoin unless you give them your private key of wallet address, but will should not undermined the power any government.
Government can know if you own a bitcoin, some responsible country have what we called citizens database meaning anything you do or register for is being recorded some countries even go as far to monitor their internet users activities via their network ip address so they can recall track anything website you have visited even your calls they do this to protect their country.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 524
If you want, you can quickly and easily identify the user of bitcoin. First of all, you will be given an increased interest in the topic of bitcoin, communication on forums and social networks.

And how would you link a forum account to a bitcoin holder? There are ways to mask your IP and people rarely register email accounts with their real names and addresses.
Even if you get the real name or IP of the forum user there's no certainty that he will be a Bitcoin holder.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
If you want, you can quickly and easily identify the user of bitcoin. First of all, you will be given an increased interest in the topic of bitcoin, communication on forums and social networks.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
I was following a thread and was amused by some of the answers. I'm interested to see how much people know.
Though it is very difficult for someone that you are using a bitcoin or not because bitcoin is very anonymous and it strongly believes in users satisfaction, it’s oeer to peer transactions enables customers to have very safe and confidential transactions but as we all know that nothing is impossible in this digital world, almost every thing is cracable , the all you need is to be little more careful with your every transaction and most importantly you should be very careful with your keys.
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
i think yes if you provide your secret keys but without this no one can see your bitcoin and no one will know that u own bitcoin.
bitcoin is anonymous.
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
no never.. no one will come to know that you have bitcoins... i dont see any other option how you are traceable that you have bitcoins..
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
I don't think anyone can find out that you own Bitcoin without you either mentioning it to them or them coming across something related to Bitcoin in your laptop or mobile. But the government organizations can easily find out if you own Bitcoin if you have bought it from an exchange.
Activity: 116
Its possible for your internet provider to know what are the sites you visited mostly but its not possible to reveal how many of coins you have in your wallets or rather what transactions goes on in your wallet unless they have access to your private key.
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
Well it hard to know how much some one have in his/her wallet's but the fact still remain that some people are good at hacking into any wallet using software that enable them to access and know how much balance is left in an account but that is possible with the help of some information about the said wallet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
It all depends on how you treat bitcoin, if you only use 1 bitcoin address for all activities, then that person can track who owns the wallet, but this is very rare. Better to use blockchain.info to get random bitcoin addresses so people can not trace the address.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
If a person does not comply with all requirements for protection from surveillance, this can be computed. But if a person is cautious, it is more difficult to calculate.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Bitcoin should be anonymous. But there are many ways to get the data of the trader.
Our identity can be revealed if the Government requests the KYC data to the Exchanger.
And this, probably already happened if the government Want to do it.
It would be hard finding out who owns a certain address because of the complex blockchain technology but I do believe that if someone put two and two together, he might somehow find a way to know who owns specific addresses. With alliance and legal arrangement, @dimastegar is right that the KYC can be used. We are attracted to using and earning cryptos because of the anonymity it provides but I do really think that no matter how much we think that we are secured, we are still not because of the internet.

KYC can only be used when you purchase coins from services that require this.
I don't think they can just share that data freely with anyone, but accidents do happen.

I think it's more likely that you yourself tie your address to your identity.
Especially when you re-use your addresses a lot.
Activity: 15
I think it is impossible. Unless you tell someone else. Or maybe your internet device has a virus. Otherwise no one can know that you own Bitcoin. No one can control your wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: