Pages:
Author

Topic: Can too many Altcoin's can become a threat to bitcoin's existence - page 17. (Read 2584 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 1
I don't believe any altcoins or even all altcoin can over take bitcoin position, how much more being a threat.. Bitcoin is still the bomb.

Most people say that in the thread I might be wrong but I think we are too soon to decide that because looking into the crypto market anything is possible. But I appreciate your confidence
Activity: 205
At the moment literally, none of them is a threat to Bitcoin. And as it seems none will be. Most of them will disappear sooner or later.

Yeah most of them might disappear but the thing is there are some backed by very reputed companies in the global trading industry so son't you think that will be an advantage for other currencies over bitcoin and unlike nine years ago we have to admit that today software development methods are much advanced and with that can some of alternative currencies grasp the business market because of there technological advancement and the benefits they can provide for there users with it 
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
I don't believe any altcoins or even all altcoin can over take bitcoin position, how much more being a threat.. Bitcoin is still the bomb.
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
Hi. I don't think altcoins can be a threat to bitcoin for even many ICO projects revolving nowadays, bitcoin is still the reference of those altcoins. I think there is no effect in bitcoin even there are many altcoins are growing and those altcoins that cannot compete the trend of bitcoin are sometimes slowly disappearing in the market.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
in some way it sure make a negative look to bitcoin as lot of these day altcoins are scam. many company'sare trying to make a easy money from it and disappear just like that after the ICOs. so yes the impact will sure goes to bitcoin cause investors feel didnt safe to keep bitcoin so long and being scam after that.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
    More and more ICO projects are coming based on many major currencies and specially in this year the trend increased rapidly with many reputed organizations that are in various industries and trades decided to start there own digital currency to make there business more effective and efficient in order to gain more profit.
    Can these new launching Altcoin's make a negative impact on bitcoin's expansion in the future because we all know in order to increase the demand, usability and accessibility of bitcoin it should be widely use in most business areas but if Altcoin's take these opportunities how it can achieve its vision to become a widely used digital currency

It's precisely because more and more Altcoins I think other altcoins will die if they don't survive. Because it is very difficult to survive in this crypto world. Therefore, what is harmed here is another altcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 12
Honestly I was overwhelmed with the numbers of altcoins when I checked binance, cryptopia, idex and coss exchanges these coins are too many and cut across different projects however their existence cannot be a threat to bitcoin considering the fact that most of their values which in most cases are relatively small and worthless and competition among them is likened to survival of the fittest.
Activity: 210
It is unlikely that a large number of altcoyns will prevent the bitcoin from staying afloat. Bitcoin is now the most valuable crypto currency, and over the years its popularity will only increase
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 3
In the past, we have heard things like: better than bitcoin, BTC2x, bitcoin on steriods, faster and more anonymous than the bitcoin, more scalable than the bitcoin etc. I bought into some of these HYIP projects. Today, some are now scam and others are just struggling in the market, I would later realized these names where coined to give them easy landing in the market. No altoin can be a threat to the bitcoin, the suppose former contender called the BCH a fork of the BTC is now far lagging behind in reference to the value of bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
    More and more ICO projects are coming based on many major currencies and specially in this year the trend increased rapidly with many reputed organizations that are in various industries and trades decided to start there own digital currency to make there business more effective and efficient in order to gain more profit.
    Can these new launching Altcoin's make a negative impact on bitcoin's expansion in the future because we all know in order to increase the demand, usability and accessibility of bitcoin it should be widely use in most business areas but if Altcoin's take these opportunities how it can achieve its vision to become a widely used digital currency

I don't think the same as you, I think agree almost every time there is a new altcoin emerging from the ICO, but that won't affect bitcoin in a big way. it is precisely bitcoin that will greatly affect all altcoins that have been traded. I just want regulations that can limit ico, for ico who doesn't have the opportunity and tends to just make money quickly, that's what we have to prevent.
Yes I agree on that, I also see from the past few years that there are so many altcoin from ICO but the price of the bitcoin stand still. I believ ethat bitcoin is the most powerful coin on crypto feild and no other coin can affect it. So if we talk about altcoin i see that it is potential coin but it is still depend on bitcoin status.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250

I don't think the same as you, I think agree almost every time there is a new altcoin emerging from the ICO, but that won't affect bitcoin in a big way. it is precisely bitcoin that will greatly affect all altcoins that have been traded. I just want regulations that can limit ico, for ico who doesn't have the opportunity and tends to just make money quickly, that's what we have to prevent.
Activity: 96
Seem's like we are seeing less and less ICO'S over the past few months due to people actually facing criminal charges seem's to be stopping a fair amount of people trying to pull exit scams. This is good and sooner or later the market will ween out alot of the scam coins and junk coins without any project or use case. It will be nice to see which coin's come out in the end because bitcoin is not the only good coin out there. Some have other use cases and some already outdo bitcoin.. but it will not lose it's spot as top coin.
Activity: 278
Merit: 5
Invest and play
There are too many altcoins already and bitcoin still maintains a dominance of over 50% what does that tell you!?? Altcoins are rarely heard these days! what you here is bitcoin, even ethereum that is a major force behind ICOs isn't heard as much! Too many altcoins will only drive people away to bitcoin, it gives $Bitcoin credibility and endears the people to it, when most altcoins are failing and losing the peoples trust! Home is always with $Bitcoin, not altcoins. $Bitcoin is popular that is why alts remain inferior, every noob to crypto heres $Bitcoin before anything else. You can have a million altcoins, it will only increase $Bitcoins dominance. they will never threaten $Bitcoin
Activity: 40
i don't think so. Even there are a lot of altcoin nowadays, they still can not threat to bitcoin's existence because bitcoin is becoming more and more popular. i think it is soon accepted worldwide.
Activity: 311
Altcoins and other shitcoins can never be a threat to bitcoin, in the fact that bitcoin is the king among all of the coins in the crypto currency. Bitcoin is the base and they will never be closer to it, it will remain on the top for a long period of time. Bitcoin has the greatest foundation and bitcoin has the influence to the price of altcoins.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
For several years, there are various altcoins and every year the number is only increasing. So far, this has not affected bitcoin in any way. He was in the first place, so there still is. Perhaps in the future there will be a coin that will be able to compete with him, but so far there are no competitors.
Yeah you're right every year there will be altcoins coming in and some other altcoins will fall because they can't compete and survive, but bitcoin will still be on top because everyone is comfortable and believes in bitcoin, they make bitcoin a major investment so the effect is not will be so big on bitcoin
Activity: 4
I agree bitcoin is rising....
Activity: 150
Bitcoin has the highest market cap looking at the crypto market. Altcoins have no effect on bitcoin in terms of its market volume, cap and value price. Bitoin has no competitor in the crypto world. Most people prefer to do all their transactions in bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
I think that bitcoin always dominates every transaction, for example, today many restaurants accept bitcoin, and reject other altcoins.

this proves that bitcoin is the parent of every altcoin, has great public trust, good credibility, and high bitcoin popularity.
Activity: 135

This is a yes and no answer. On one side it is true that the investor's money is diluting in many new coins, on the other side the Whole crypto space becomes stronger by the fact that so many different coins exist. Diversity means an ecosystem, which is something with an added value.
Pages:
Jump to: